Developer suggestion on "improving vision" Topic

An important aspect of rebuilding a downtrodden program is to develop vision in recruiting (DIII to D1AA). This requires the coach to play seasons of sim teams, avoiding humans, to increase the win count. This is contrary to the reason many of us play, to compete against other humans and develop community.

My suggestion would be to rework the mechanics of improving vision (or for D1A for keeping a job) so that playing and losing to a human coached team carries more value than playing and winning over a sim coached team. This would encourage more human vs human competition without detrimental consequences of a loss. I feel bad when I get an invite from a human coach, only to turn it down because I am not going to win and it will hurt my team vision, substituting a lowly sim just to get my wins up.
1/13/2021 1:37 PM
+1 on this idea!
1/13/2021 4:52 PM
What you're asking for is a better ranking system. For human players to be rated higher than SIM players. Which I'm not sure I completely agree with. Because I've seen some really bad human players.

But I'm all for a better ranking / rating system. And I'm all for finding ways of making SIM teams more competitive as well.
1/13/2021 5:40 PM
Posted by Indpnt1 on 1/13/2021 5:40:00 PM (view original):
What you're asking for is a better ranking system. For human players to be rated higher than SIM players. Which I'm not sure I completely agree with. Because I've seen some really bad human players.

But I'm all for a better ranking / rating system. And I'm all for finding ways of making SIM teams more competitive as well.
Sims could be varied to not all run the exact same offense/defense. Not sure if they'd be more difficult but at least there would be some variety.
1/13/2021 7:50 PM
Posted by Indpnt1 on 1/13/2021 5:40:00 PM (view original):

Better ranking system - sure. And I'm sure that the really bad human coaches are not bad just from vision but a lot of other reasons. I just think that promoting more interaction with human to human competition would be better for the game.

Making sims more competitive is not necessarily from having human coaches with better vision. Better competition from sims would be from improved AI for players, game planning and the sim game engine itself to tighten up the player vs player match-ups of any team (lots to improve to decrease the 100+ to 0 scoring games).
1/14/2021 12:37 AM
I'll see if ADLORENZ can discuss if this is possible or already in the works. He'll be on TTATO 1/14.
1/14/2021 2:40 AM
Developer suggestion on "improving vision" Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.