Patch Notes - January 14th, 2021 Topic

Posted by lostnfound74 on 1/16/2021 4:52:00 PM (view original):
One more time:

They changed the search engine in sim hockey, and everyone hates that you click on players beginning with the letter B (for example) and you get EVERY player who has that letter ANYWHERE in his name.

I think it might be an easy fix to just restore the search engine to it's previous program

(Yes I am going to nag you)
I responded to your ticket in the CS tool and asked additional information and for a screen shot because I couldn’t recreate your issue. I assure I am more than happy to look into issues.
1/16/2021 5:50 PM
Gotta love the SLH update, the game has made a big step forward to more realism. Deek, deak, dick, and finally dekes his way around the defence, he shoots he scores!
1/16/2021 10:53 PM
I WISH IN HARD BALL DYN THAT ATTENDENCE WAS FACTORED BY TEAM RECORD AND THAT ATTENDANCE FACTORED IN ON PLAYER PAYROLE
1/17/2021 6:12 PM
+1 Russilini. That would be pretty cool!
1/17/2021 6:34 PM
Nice to see new leadership making some updates. This request particular for the college dynasties, will there be conference realignments? It seems kind of annoying for a sports head like me to be playing GD and see a lot of schools that are not in the right conference/ division tier.
1/17/2021 7:12 PM
Posted by adlorenz on 1/16/2021 5:50:00 PM (view original):
One more time:

They changed the search engine in sim hockey, and everyone hates that you click on players beginning with the letter B (for example) and you get EVERY player who has that letter ANYWHERE in his name.

I think it might be an easy fix to just restore the search engine to it's previous program

I responded to your ticket in the CS tool and asked additional information and for a screen shot because I couldn’t recreate your issue. I assure I am more than happy to look into issues.
Allow me to elucidate:

When in the SimLeague Hockey Draft Centre, on the player search page, next to the First Name and Last Name fields there used to be a box which you could tick for "Begins With". So you could search for "D. Smith" and get every D. Smith in the database - David, Derek, Damian etc.

The last update to the Draft Centre removed the check box - all you have to do is enter the letter in the field. But instead of giving you "Begins With", it shows results for every player who has "d" anywhere in their names - Andrew, Rodney, Buddy.

Also, you get results for all players with "Smith" - Smithson, Highsmith, etc.

The search function gave much more accurate and less frustrating results before.

1/18/2021 8:00 AM
Posted by damag on 1/18/2021 8:00:00 AM (view original):
One more time:

Allow me to elucidate:

When in the SimLeague Hockey Draft Centre, on the player search page, next to the First Name and Last Name fields there used to be a box which you could tick for "Begins With". So you could search for "D. Smith" and get every D. Smith in the database - David, Derek, Damian etc.

The last update to the Draft Centre removed the check box - all you have to do is enter the letter in the field. But instead of giving you "Begins With", it shows results for every player who has "d" anywhere in their names - Andrew, Rodney, Buddy.

The search function gave much more accurate and less frustrating results before.

Thanks for the clarification damag, honestly if it was from the patch I have no idea how that happened, because we didn't touch the Draft Centre, add the Golden Knights arena was strictly a DB change. With that said I have added it to the board and we will get to investigating what happened.
1/18/2021 11:29 AM
Can you add a quick patch to allow Rhode Island in HD Phelan to sign all of his targeted recruits at 5 pm today bc if I miss on almost all of them I won’t be able to fill a roster. I’m committed to Rhode Island but this round of recruiting could ruin me! Lmao
1/18/2021 1:15 PM
Posted by adlorenz on 1/18/2021 11:29:00 AM (view original):
One more time:

Allow me to elucidate:

Thanks for the clarification damag, honestly if it was from the patch I have no idea how that happened, because we didn't touch the Draft Centre, add the Golden Knights arena was strictly a DB change. With that said I have added it to the board and we will get to investigating what happened.
adlorenz, it wasn't your new patch, it was done sometime about 1-2 years ago.

1/18/2021 3:09 PM
Posted by damag on 1/18/2021 3:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by adlorenz on 1/18/2021 11:29:00 AM (view original):
One more time:

Allow me to elucidate:

adlorenz, it wasn't your new patch, it was done sometime about 1-2 years ago.

Okay that makes me feel a little better, I thought we broke it. I talked to Chris and we have it on the board and can look at getting it fixed.

Thanks again!
1/18/2021 4:11 PM
One more time:

Allow me to elucidate:

see now that is how to be helpful

adlorenz proved to me he gonna fix it if its a one dollar fix

and you can explain it in a one dollar post

i'm startin to be a fan
1/18/2021 11:04 PM
One more time:

Allow me to elucidate:

Thanks .. you explain it much better than I did

1/19/2021 7:53 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 1/18/2021 11:04:00 PM (view original):
One more time:

Allow me to elucidate:

see now that is how to be helpful

adlorenz proved to me he gonna fix it if its a one dollar fix

and you can explain it in a one dollar post

i'm startin to be a fan

but you don't even play SIM hockey
1/19/2021 7:55 PM
One more time:

''
Sorry I did not see that reply. For the record, I am probably the worst excuse for a Tecchie on this site. Not a dummie, but I grew up with Remington manual typewriters, dial phones and slide rules. Electronic Calculators were on the market about 5 years after I graduated, lol

I checked my requests with the site (tickets and etc) and don't see a reply from you. That said, I am trying to figure out what CS tool is.. and where to find it

Cheers
1/19/2021 8:04 PM (edited)
Posted by lostnfound74 on 1/19/2021 8:04:00 PM (view original):
One more time:

''
Sorry I did not see that reply. For the record, I am probably the worst excuse for a Tecchie on this site. Not a dummie, but I grew up with Remington manual typewriters, dial phones and slide rules. Electronic Calculators were on the market about 5 years after I graduated, lol

I checked my requests with the site (tickets and etc) and don't see a reply from you. That said, I am trying to figure out what CS tool is.. and where to find it

Cheers
I appreciate the response and not a huge deal at all. Typically if you get a response in your email from CS you can reply to the email and it'll automatically update the ticket in our tool.

With that said, the search feature as is currently really annoying and I understand why you feel that way. I'd look for it to be fixed in the next patch. Thanks for reaching out.

You'll realize our biggest weakness right now is awareness, you all know the games better than us, but we are trying to catch up. Thanks for the patience!
1/20/2021 9:55 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Patch Notes - January 14th, 2021 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.