Patch Notes - January 14th, 2021 Topic

New features/changes:

Hardball Dynasty:

• Reduce the minimum TPC and MPC for starting pitcher to 20 Pitches to max reliever settings, this will also allow for opener strategies

• Added Globe Life Field (new Rangers Park) to stadium options

• Waiver Wire order will be displayed on the Waiver Wire page

• Transfer Budget update - added the ability to view/transfer budget in smaller increments (as small as $100,000).

Gridiron Dynasty:

• Mass Recruiting Updates:

• Can add promises to on Recruiting Summary page, this includes:

• Promises Start Freshman

• Promises Start Sophomore

• Promises to % play guarantee (25-75% in 5% increments)

• Increased # of allowed positional changes to default to 8 for all teams

• Note: The CS team will no longer be granting additional position changes going forward

• Positional changes will no longer be allowed after the 5th regular season game of the season.

• New coach/ New world Hiring Process update

• There have been updates to the job selection process which will make it easier for new coaches & coaches that have not coached in a specific world to climb divisions faster.

• The update will allow coaches to climb to the upper divisions twice as quickly as before (note: a season of DIII is still required)

SimLeague Football:

• Allegiant Stadium (Las Vegas Raiders) added to stadium selection

SimLeague Baseball:

• Reduce the minimum TPC and MPC for starting pitcher to 20 Pitches to max reliever settings, this will also allow for opener strategies

• Added Globe Life Field (new Rangers Park) to stadium options

SimLeague Hockey:

• Added T-Mobile Arena (Las Vegas Golden Knights arena) to arena selection.

• Updated play by play to include the correct spelling of the work “deke”

Hoops Dynasty:

• Added a drop down for processing multiple Home Visits at a time during recruiting, and text to telling you how many Home Visits you have executed already.

• Expanded the Draft Big Board to 150 players from 100 players, because players not on the Big Board were getting drafted

• Changed consolation credit for missing the tournament to 30 day expiration from 60 day expiration

Forums:

• Added bottom sticky ad banner to forums.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed issue on mobile where ads would keep players from clicking on forums links forcing users to refresh the page.

• Fixed an error that would appear in GD every time a user switches the position of a player.

1/14/2021 10:17 AM
Sweet! Thank you
1/14/2021 12:14 PM
Excellent.

A question: "Increased # of allowed positional changes to default to 8 for all teams"
Eight per season? Eight per history of the world?

Any plans to restore position changes to relevancy after they have been so badly nerfed for so long?
1/14/2021 1:17 PM
Eight per season.
1/14/2021 1:39 PM
In regards to the 2nd question, no plans right now.
1/14/2021 1:39 PM
The updates are good, but nothing that really made the game any better. JMO
1/14/2021 4:48 PM
It's a start...
1/14/2021 4:52 PM
Posted by vikesrule69 on 1/14/2021 4:48:00 PM (view original):
If you're a new player, or just playing in a new world, and you want to coach at D1 this is a great step in the right direction.
1/14/2021 5:09 PM
In my "real job", I work on a tech team that supports a product we sell to customers. In this product, we have a huge stack of quick improvements we can make and can prioritize to be worked on in any given 2-week period (which we call sprints), This is our low-hanging fruit - quick projects that we can get done and release to customers. Yes, customers don't typically get excited about those, but it's still valuable work and things we want to get done.

Now, that doesn't mean we aren't working on bigger things. However, big things require more time, more testing, more feedback from customers. We will typically "chunk" these things up into smaller projects. There could be a series of smaller projects that build into the big improvement that may take 6 months to complete.

I believe Adam follows a similar path. I think the positive I see is how quickly we are now starting to see updates, where we went years without anything. Keep the faith guys:)
1/14/2021 8:16 PM (edited)
Posted by adlorenz on 1/14/2021 1:39:00 PM (view original):
In regards to the 2nd question, no plans right now.
In regards to the 2nd question.

In the past the big schools would change any player to what ever they wanted. ( same for smaller schools )

The big schools would snatch up most if not all of the better players. Changing any player that they wanted to what ever they wanted. Such as changing an OL to a decent RB or a K to a QB etc. The smaller schools would lose out because the players that they were able to change didn't amount to a hill of beans.,
So it was changed to discourage the big schools from cornering the market for themselves and leaving the little guy out in the cold.
1/14/2021 5:33 PM
I have never changed a player's position, and had that player contribute in any substantial way. The hit on ability is huge. Maybe some other players know how to do it, but it evidently, is beyond my ability to change a player's position, and that player still be useful.
1/14/2021 5:58 PM (edited)
Posted by chetty1963 on 1/14/2021 5:14:00 PM (view original):
In my "real job", I work on a tech team that supports a product we sell to customers. In this product, we have a huge stack of quick improvements we can make and can prioritize to be worked on in any given 2-week period (which we call sprints), This is our low-hanging fruit - quick projects that we can get done and release to customers. Yes, customer don't typically get excited about those, but it's still valuable work and things we want to get done.

Now, that doesn't mean we aren't working on bigger things. However, big things require more time, more testing, more feedback from customers. We will typically "chunk" these things up into smaller projects. There could be a series of smaller projects that build into the big improvement that may take 6 months to complete.

I believe Adam follows a similar path. I think the positive I see is how quickly we are now starting to see updates, where we went years without anything. Keep the faith guys:)
You are correct. This is low hanging fruit and took about 1/3 of our time this last round. Coming from a tech background, even doing these small changes took substantially more time that I thought they would because of how old the code is and how monolithic and statuesque the code is. Best practices have changed miles since the core of the website and the games were written and we are doing our best to continually add value but also work on some bigger efforts.

I am not looking for a pity part either but we have seven in a half games we support all of them are massive (especially the dynasty games). So making we hit all of them is going to be tough.

I appreciate the patience and I am asking for a little more as we continue to grow and enhance these games.
1/14/2021 6:20 PM
Posted by adlorenz on 1/14/2021 6:20:00 PM (view original):
In my "real job", I work on a tech team that supports a product we sell to customers. In this product, we have a huge stack of quick improvements we can make and can prioritize to be worked on in any given 2-week period (which we call sprints), This is our low-hanging fruit - quick projects that we can get done and release to customers. Yes, customer don't typically get excited about those, but it's still valuable work and things we want to get done.

You are correct. This is low hanging fruit and took about 1/3 of our time this last round. Coming from a tech background, even doing these small changes took substantially more time that I thought they would because of how old the code is and how monolithic and statuesque the code is. Best practices have changed miles since the core of the website and the games were written and we are doing our best to continually add value but also work on some bigger efforts.

I am not looking for a pity part either but we have seven in a half games we support all of them are massive (especially the dynasty games). So making we hit all of them is going to be tough.

I appreciate the patience and I am asking for a little more as we continue to grow and enhance these games.
Don't worry, Adam, we will be patient. You don't know how much excitement we all have about this renewed action and transparency, after so many years of stagnation and frustration.
1/14/2021 7:03 PM (edited)
Posted by bjschumacher on 1/14/2021 7:03:00 PM (view original):

Don't worry, Adam, we will be patient. You don't know how much excitement we all have about this renewed action and transparency, after so many years of stagnation and frustration.
Adam, I agree with BJ.

Don't let any of the negativity get you down. You're doing amazing work and I couldn't be more thrilled that renewed effort is being put into these games.
1/14/2021 8:24 PM
Posted by chetty1963 on 1/14/2021 8:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bjschumacher on 1/14/2021 7:03:00 PM (view original):

Adam, I agree with BJ.

Don't let any of the negativity get you down. You're doing amazing work and I couldn't be more thrilled that renewed effort is being put into these games.
1/14/2021 9:06 PM
12 Next ▸
Patch Notes - January 14th, 2021 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.