Understanding SimLeague Basketball Topic

bball! long time no see, bud! Yeah, definitely check out the theme circuit.

(and you can definitely draft Wilt or MJ and win in OLs. State Farm is not unbeatable... it's just almost unbeatable in the hands of an elite owner)
3/2/2021 4:26 PM
Posted by ashamael on 3/2/2021 4:26:00 PM (view original):
bball! long time no see, bud! Yeah, definitely check out the theme circuit.

(and you can definitely draft Wilt or MJ and win in OLs. State Farm is not unbeatable... it's just almost unbeatable in the hands of an elite owner)
Good to see you're still around Ashdude! I've been toying around the draft center to see what kind of team I could put together for an OL. I realize I haven't played the NBA sim for a long time, probably 5 years + and the way I use to draft and the game plan stuff is pretty blurry at this point.
I guess I'll test a team in OL then start looking at what you guys have going in themes.
3/3/2021 2:22 PM
Clones aside--which I agree screw up the game, in tandem with State Farm--has anyone settled on the reasonable range of minutes for an open league team now without rookies? Used to be comfortable with 16500-17500 minutes. Now what?

PS, Ash, where did you post your explanation of how to beat State Farm?
3/10/2021 11:44 AM
You’re gonna want to draft at least 19.3k minutes to avoid fatigue (and that’s no overtimes).

idk where I posted it exactly but many places over the years. Huge rebounds, low turnovers, good defense, high efg ... basically you have to run one of three or four specific squads popularized by either Ben or myself to have a consistent chance (and it’s probably still 50-50 vs a good owner with State Farm)
3/10/2021 2:17 PM
How can I get a full season for free??
3/10/2021 7:13 PM
Hey Vets/HOF's ,

Can someone give me some insight into when you'd want to use slow-down, half court and/or up tempo ?? I am most curious of others' thoughts on why they would use "Half Court" and with what style team..
3/11/2021 5:07 PM
Posted by whitemanjump on 3/10/2021 7:13:00 PM (view original):
How can I get a full season for free??
Buy a team then win the league.
3/13/2021 11:18 PM
Posted by tommytripod on 3/11/2021 5:07:00 PM (view original):
Hey Vets/HOF's ,

Can someone give me some insight into when you'd want to use slow-down, half court and/or up tempo ?? I am most curious of others' thoughts on why they would use "Half Court" and with what style team..
Draft enough usage & run up tempo almost 100% of the time. Only time I go slow down is at the end of a game where I'm up or if I'm playing a team that I know is just leagues better than mine and I'm trying to limit possessions to increase the likelihood of an outlier being the determining factor of the game.
3/15/2021 10:02 PM
Posted by ashamael on 3/15/2021 10:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tommytripod on 3/11/2021 5:07:00 PM (view original):
Hey Vets/HOF's ,

Draft enough usage & run up tempo almost 100% of the time. Only time I go slow down is at the end of a game where I'm up or if I'm playing a team that I know is just leagues better than mine and I'm trying to limit possessions to increase the likelihood of an outlier being the determining factor of the game.
Thanks for the response and insight again, Ash!

I would say I agree and have done the up tempo / high useage and Slow down after a big league at end of game; For majority of my teams.... I just still am so curious why a team would ever roll with "Half Court" offense... Could their strategy be, HIGH ASSIT%= causing hella TO's = Half Court offfense to minimize their TO's..??
3/18/2021 8:34 PM
high assist % by itself shouldnt cause turnovers, high TOV% {actual} which you have to go to bballref to see &/or not enough usage are probably the leading causes - (right behind simmy rolling the dice) - although uptempo does have some % to turn the ball over baked in as well
3/18/2021 9:41 PM (edited)
Does anyone know or have advice on best way to use Magic Johnson? Would he be better suited at PG or SG?
4/16/2021 10:35 AM
Posted by tommytripod on 4/16/2021 10:35:00 AM (view original):
Does anyone know or have advice on best way to use Magic Johnson? Would he be better suited at PG or SG?
IMO PG for that sweet sweet rebounding advantage. Unless running state-farm, then I'd run him @ SF
4/16/2021 2:41 PM
Posted by samuelyork93 on 4/16/2021 2:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tommytripod on 4/16/2021 10:35:00 AM (view original):
IMO PG for that sweet sweet rebounding advantage. Unless running state-farm, then I'd run him @ SF
Yeah thats what im thinkin too! took me a while to get to that conclusion tho haha --- Thanks Samuel !!
4/18/2021 8:31 PM
Also, if 2 players have the same exact OREB% and DREB% as each other; but player1 has a higher usage than player2 . Would Player1 have a better chance, via the sim, on getting Reebs orrr does Usage% not have an effect on Rebounds ?
4/19/2021 11:12 AM
I think the guy taking the shot is less likely to grab the board
4/19/2021 2:24 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Understanding SimLeague Basketball Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.