Understanding SimLeague Basketball Topic

fingers crossed then
2/18/2021 4:30 PM
The increased Open League Cap will hopefully attract some new owners, who didn't want to use "realistic" teams at the lower cap.
2/18/2021 4:38 PM
We are trying, the problem really is time, these patches are really only the product of 20% of Chris and my time. I appreciate the feedback. I am hoping to have another session or two to learn more, and I may have shorted my team a little too much on minutes because man do injuries happen in SimLeague Basketball. I've had like 6+ injuries since starting the league and I am not 1/2 way through.

I can't promise patches every month for SimLeague Basketball but I am trying to schedule things out some there are slow and progressive changes, which is more than what has happened in the last 5, maybe 10 years.

Also the goal is once the Gridiron Dynasty rewrite is done, we will be rewriting all the SimLeague games.

2/18/2021 4:43 PM
Great news! Thank you!
2/18/2021 4:46 PM
Posted by adlorenz on 2/18/2021 4:43:00 PM (view original):
We are trying, the problem really is time, these patches are really only the product of 20% of Chris and my time. I appreciate the feedback. I am hoping to have another session or two to learn more, and I may have shorted my team a little too much on minutes because man do injuries happen in SimLeague Basketball. I've had like 6+ injuries since starting the league and I am not 1/2 way through.

I can't promise patches every month for SimLeague Basketball but I am trying to schedule things out some there are slow and progressive changes, which is more than what has happened in the last 5, maybe 10 years.

Also the goal is once the Gridiron Dynasty rewrite is done, we will be rewriting all the SimLeague games.

Yeah, when you're first starting out I'd recommend getting 17k-17.5k minutes and ... well, nevermind, there's no more rookies in OLs, so you want to get at least 19.3k minutes now! I'd probably aim for 19.4k or 19.5k starting out since overtimes will wreck you pretty quickly!

I'm so stoked to make an OL team now
2/18/2021 4:54 PM
I like the open league thing - for too long the rookie raffle has just been an additional lottery of luck
2/19/2021 2:37 AM
Posted by ashamael on 2/18/2021 4:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by copernicus on 2/17/2021 9:22:00 PM (view original):
hey, are you guys having super secret cool kid talks or was this all just

The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again (Shepperton Studios / 1978) - YouTube
Yeah. At least, he's had at least one session with Rob. I don't know what I'm allowed to say, but at least this much I know is cool: He's (adlorenz) trying to learn the ins & outs of the game before jumping in and making wholesale changes. He's at least read my posts and has started playing the nba sim (had never done so prior). Also, from what I understand, with the way things are coded it will take a lot of time to go in and straighten out things. Many games need a lot of work (have you ever played the NFL sim?), so he has a lot to work on.

Saw this good news today!

SimLeague Basketball:

• Adjusted Default settings for Open Leagues to $47 million budget & No Rookies, this will begin once the next open league is created.

That is a fantastic change that I know doesn't affect a whole lot of people on the theme league circuit, but many of those on the theme league circuit don't play OLs because of the reliance on rookies.

I'm cautiously optimistic based on what I know and the attitude shown. I appreciate someone wanting to get to know how things work before jumping in and just trying to make changes to appease people. What if someone did that and listened to the wrong people? Better to understand it and make informed decisions imo.
Really appreciate the update. And yeah, I haven't played an open league in at least a decade because of the necessary reliance on "rookies." And I'm grateful to Adam for listening to some of the most dialed in veteran owners and for going about the mission in a thoughtful way.
2/19/2021 8:40 AM
Hi everyone, I have 4 teams queued up with players that I had joined using the 42 million open league from the last month that I just didn’t Officially create yet. It sounds like I will need to scrap these teams and adjust to fit the 47 million no rookie format. That’s fine, I can adapt. But the issue I have is that I’m not sure the news of this recent change is getting to us. If I hadn’t tried to create anew exhibition team, I never would’ve noticed this 42 to 47 cap change. I don’t see anything on the team center under notices or release notes. For those of us that might be in the same situation of having joined a 42 million open league without having actually created the team officially, I am not sure how the game would handle alerting us when we go to create the team.
2/19/2021 9:36 AM
news to me too - good news but, yeah, wouldnt have seen it if not for Ash posting here
2/19/2021 10:00 AM
Yeah they may need to scrap all the unfilled open leagues. I just created a team with the new 47 million cap but I was placed in a league under the old 42 million cap. Plus all the rookies are gone. They either need to go back to the old format until the current open league is filled or just cancel it and start over. I'm for the latter.
2/19/2021 10:38 AM
moratorium for a couple days, teams returned to draft center with explanation - something like that
2/19/2021 10:45 AM
Posted by copernicus on 2/19/2021 10:00:00 AM (view original):
news to me too - good news but, yeah, wouldnt have seen it if not for Ash posting here
It was the first thing I saw when I went to the site.

just hit change league on any team you already have in a $42m open draft center.
2/19/2021 4:37 PM
or 'Critical News' might be a good channel for spreading information (he said understanding that 'Critical News' had not been used as a channel since 2011)
2/19/2021 6:08 PM
I was all excited for the 47m open league until I saw it was being jammed up with crazy high assist clones that hack the sim engine and are basically unbeatable. sad. Wish they would also make no clones the 47m open default.
2/20/2021 6:53 AM
Posted by jcred5 on 2/20/2021 6:53:00 AM (view original):
I was all excited for the 47m open league until I saw it was being jammed up with crazy high assist clones that hack the sim engine and are basically unbeatable. sad. Wish they would also make no clones the 47m open default.
Agreed. No colones should be the default. Make clones a theme-league option.
2/20/2021 7:39 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Understanding SimLeague Basketball Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.