Understanding SimLeague Basketball Topic

I've only been playing SIM basketball about a year & have some success, but I feel like there are still some things I am missing despite reading most of the threads on building teams, if anyone wants to offer assistance.

Assist % minimum: It appears there does not seem to be a consensus on the assist floor, with some users starting 50% and some starting 60%?. And it also appears that any bonus is likely in 10% increments (70%, 80%, 90%, etc - with some keep ones at 80%, 100%, 150%). Thoughts?

Rebounding: Beyond building specifically for a team, are defensive or offensive rebounds more valuable? I know on a team that might shoot a lower % (like a team designed to hit a lot of three's), this makes offensive rebounding more valuable, but in a vacuum, any thoughts on the value of offensive vs defensive rebounds?

Defense: How does one judge the impact of defense? When I first started playing, it appeared defense was underrated, and then as I immersed myself in some leagues it appeared overrated, and so it appears it is underrated again.

Fouls: Does the SIM look at fouls per 48% or is there a foul % (which might look at defensive possession)?

Other thoughts: Totally agree (obviously) with Bill Russell needing a higher defensive rating, but other plays need some positions adjustments too. Ben Simmons played like 4 positions last season. Kevin McHale should be 100 at SF (on those 80 Celtics teams, he usually guarded the 3) and James Worthy should be 100 at SG / Byron Scott should be 100 at PG (Worthy guarded the 2, Scott guarded the point, allowing Magic to guard the 3 or 4).
4/21/2021 10:14 AM
Posted by samuelyork93 on 4/16/2021 2:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tommytripod on 4/16/2021 10:35:00 AM (view original):
Does anyone know or have advice on best way to use Magic Johnson? Would he be better suited at PG or SG?
IMO PG for that sweet sweet rebounding advantage. Unless running state-farm, then I'd run him @ SF
How about if you had Lebron and Magic on same team... w/o CP or Stockton .... Who would you play at PG and SF (out of LBJ & Magic) ?
4/22/2021 7:58 PM
if you aren't going for 'state farm' then you play them as your backcourt to leverage the rebounding advantage and it doesn't really matter which plays 1 and which plays 2
4/22/2021 8:28 PM
meanwhile...

Mister Russell is still waiting and it's been more than 4 months
4/22/2021 8:30 PM
5/1/2021 4:17 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Please those who make changes: we need open leagues with no clones. allow the choice when signing up for a league. I want to simulate basketball and it's not really possible with teams with 5 stockons, 2 magics, and 2 lebrons. That's just playing the game on the easy setting, and it's not really that interesting to watch it play out when one guy drafts a team that he already knows the outcome before the season starts (60-70 wins with a 60% - 72% shooting %).
5/14/2021 2:15 AM
Also, NBA66618 (an open league) has rookies. Are rooks back?
5/14/2021 2:16 AM
There are plenty of theme leagues (most of them, in fact) with no clones.

Something does need to be done about State Farm teams, but busting clones is not it. Can easily be done without clones.
5/14/2021 3:11 PM
this all feels very familiar (promises made, time goes by with little action, oh we need to hire some help, etc.) but I am remaining quiet and hopeful
5/14/2021 3:32 PM (edited)

'.... this is not my beautiful wife'
5/21/2021 11:59 AM (edited)
'....and you may find yourself in another part of the world'
5/25/2021 11:20 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Understanding SimLeague Basketball Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.