Patch Notes TTATO video Topic

Adlorenz discusses the recent update and possible future updates ->>> TTATO S3 E3.
1/15/2021 7:21 AM
Great stuff! I'm excited to see where this thing goes.
1/15/2021 9:58 AM
An interesting session.

1. My take on vision. It's not so much that a team doesn't know prospect exists, it's a matter of that team not having access to the player. In real life, there are players who won't give the time of day to some schools because they don't win enough, and that's how I understand vision to be.

2. I like the idea of being able to make promises to a school that you'll be able to bring them a level of success, and that be part of the hiring process, but let's not get too out of hand with that. I can imagine weaker coaches offering levels of success that they can't attain, and getting the job over better coaches who know better than to make outlandish promises. So, a coaches previous success should be the driving factor, but I like the idea of making the job application process a little more dynamic.

3. As to SIM's being so easily beaten on the recruiting trail, and SIM performance in recruiting, and SIM performance altogether, what about helping SIMs out by giving them better walk ons. Yes, they get defeated by humans on the recruiting trail, but a fail-safe is to give them adequate walkons. Not great walkons. But walkons that are good enough to at least make the SIM kind of competitive? Just a thought.

4. I don't have a problem with coaches taking four or five seasons off, for whatever reason, and then coming back and getting a good job. But of course there should be limits to this. After a period of time (maybe six seasons or so) where the coaches reputation should start to recede. Coaches coming back after a year and claiming top jobs should not be allowed. But four or five seasons isn't that much of a time frame to allow someone to take off for whatever reason.

5. Love the idea of being able to move between worlds, and carry with you your experience from other worlds. That should attract players to some of the lesser populated worlds.

I look forward to some of the changes, but really think the game isn't broken and in need of major revisions. Tweaks are all that are needed in my opinion.
1/15/2021 12:36 PM
Posted by Indpnt1 on 1/15/2021 12:37:00 PM (view original):
An interesting session.

1. My take on vision. It's not so much that a team doesn't know prospect exists, it's a matter of that team not having access to the player. In real life, there are players who won't give the time of day to some schools because they don't win enough, and that's how I understand vision to be.

2. I like the idea of being able to make promises to a school that you'll be able to bring them a level of success, and that be part of the hiring process, but let's not get too out of hand with that. I can imagine weaker coaches offering levels of success that they can't attain, and getting the job over better coaches who know better than to make outlandish promises. So, a coaches previous success should be the driving factor, but I like the idea of making the job application process a little more dynamic.

3. As to SIM's being so easily beaten on the recruiting trail, and SIM performance in recruiting, and SIM performance altogether, what about helping SIMs out by giving them better walk ons. Yes, they get defeated by humans on the recruiting trail, but a fail-safe is to give them adequate walkons. Not great walkons. But walkons that are good enough to at least make the SIM kind of competitive? Just a thought.

4. I don't have a problem with coaches taking four or five seasons off, for whatever reason, and then coming back and getting a good job. But of course there should be limits to this. After a period of time (maybe six seasons or so) where the coaches reputation should start to recede. Coaches coming back after a year and claiming top jobs should not be allowed. But four or five seasons isn't that much of a time frame to allow someone to take off for whatever reason.

5. Love the idea of being able to move between worlds, and carry with you your experience from other worlds. That should attract players to some of the lesser populated worlds.

I look forward to some of the changes, but really think the game isn't broken and in need of major revisions. Tweaks are all that are needed in my opinion.
Good post. I really like idea #3.
1/15/2021 8:52 PM
"3. As to SIM's being so easily beaten on the recruiting trail, and SIM performance in recruiting, and SIM performance altogether, what about helping SIMs out by giving them better walk ons. Yes, they get defeated by humans on the recruiting trail, but a fail-safe is to give them adequate walkons. Not great walkons. But walkons that are good enough to at least make the SIM kind of competitive? Just a thought."

There are 2 kinds of sims.

1. A human team ends up with a couple of sims after recruiting
2. A sim team that acquires all sims to fill the roster

The sim players in example 2 are far far better than the sims in example 1

An interesting example.

In Warner div 1a... A sim team has the 25th ranked recruiting class. Better ranking than 21 human teams.
In Rockne div1a ..a sim team has the 22nd ranked recruiting class, better than 24 human teams.

Which is why you will see when a human coach takes over a sim team, he will be competitive faster than you would think, because the sims players are decent. Combined with his own recruiting and game planning, the team does ok.

Off course the sim teams fall behind in player development and game management without a human coach.
1/15/2021 9:11 PM
Posted by majique on 1/15/2021 7:22:00 AM (view original):
Adlorenz discusses the recent update and possible future updates ->>> TTATO S3 E3.
Majique, I play Gridiron Dynasty from Japan. I know you listed some of the locations where some of the players play at. Please add to the list! lol
1/16/2021 10:35 AM
Added! ;) spent some time at Yakota and Kadena airbases - awesome place!
1/16/2021 11:42 AM
Posted by majique on 1/16/2021 11:42:00 AM (view original):
Added! ;) spent some time at Yakota and Kadena airbases - awesome place!
definitely an awesome place, im in Yokosuka
1/16/2021 11:27 PM (edited)
Patch Notes TTATO video Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.