It's been a few seasons (and a number of ID's ago) since I played GD. Honestly cant remember or not sure if I played the "new" engine (when they nerfed/dumbed down D3).

Not trolling the committed players, legit quest -- is GD playable? Does it still favor one formation/run or pass heavy? Or trick pass from weird/non-traditional formation?
1/20/2021 7:47 PM
Since I am here (and not playing for free), I would say yes. Like most things it is about expectations. This is a non-visual simulation of an action game. It is not Madden for example. A visual simulation of an action game. This game has its pros and cons. At this point, I believe any formation (at least at D3/D2) can win the NC. It still has a relatively steep learning curve but it is certainly addicting....(see my 5+ teams....lol)

You can win passing or running although it seems passing is the easier route. It is quite the opposite of the old days from that perspective.

There are new, active programmers who are doing a great job and seem to be taking a very active look at longterm game improvements. We had a patch last week, the first I can remember since I returned to the game. Take a look at the TTATO youtube channel for information on this, that, and the other.

GL and hope you return!
1/20/2021 8:09 PM
I came back after 10+ calendar years, and even with spending pretty limited time on my team have been able to be somewhat successful. Have had success enough using both I-Form and Wishbone on offense and with 43/Nickel defense and all 34 defense, so it seems there are numerous paths to victory.
1/20/2021 9:03 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.