Defense - perimeter vs inside settings Topic

even teams that field a Curry or three barely take more than 15-20% of their shots from outside the arc - is the right move a slight hedge inside since teams can't really adjust offensively anyway?
1/25/2021 5:33 PM
I am not saying it works but I have a method. I look at the 3PA from the team I am facing and use this chart (as long as there is a large enough sample size)

0-3 = -3
3-9= -2
9-15= -1
15-21= 0
21-28= +1
28+= +2
+3 never

Like I said this is just what I do
1/26/2021 8:51 AM
Yeah Sam I'm almost identical with how I adjust for 3's. The only difference is I that if 3's are below the 15 range, I adjust downward based on paint %. So in other words, I wont go -3 on a team with few if any 3's if the rest of the team is heavy midrange. I'll only go there if it's heavy paint.
1/26/2021 11:38 AM
thanks for the responses fellas - did I hear or read somewhere that bumping down into the paint nudges rebounding?
1/26/2021 2:11 PM
In theory, yes. In practicality? I don't know. You should probably already have at least 2x the chance based just on your drb% vs their orb%, and whoever shoots the ball has a lowered orb% chance as well so... I'd legit never set it to minus to try and get more boards.
1/27/2021 8:15 PM
Defense - perimeter vs inside settings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.