Ding Dong, The Witch is DEAD! Topic

To be clear, I'm not celebrating anyone's death. "Celebrating" is a loaded word. My position is that it is undeniable that the world is a better place now that Rush Limbaugh is dead. I would say the same of Hitler.

I'm also not sure why it is hypocritical. The gay people that Limbaugh mocked didn't do anything wrong. Rush Limbaugh was homophobic, which is wrong. There's no hypocrisy there.
2/18/2021 5:04 PM
tang, while I agree with you about homophobia being wrong and gay people not doing anything wrong, you have to face facts and admit that there are people who feel the opposite of those positions.
It is your position that the world is a better place now that Limbaugh is dead, but there are also many people who would disagree with that position.

Like you said, we can agree to disagree. I'll say it again. I can not and will not celebrate, or be glad at the death of, or whatever you want to justify it as at the death of another human being.
2/18/2021 6:08 PM
What? Of course I acknowledge that many other people think Rush Limbaugh was good, but they're wrong. What does that have to do with anything?
2/18/2021 6:56 PM
So, anyone whose opinion is different from yours is wrong? Don't you think those people who say Limbaugh was good (Hi Doug) would say you are wrong?
2/18/2021 7:21 PM (edited)
Yes, and yes, but they would be wrong.

I also think that the world is not flat. There are people who have a different opinion. What is your point?
2/18/2021 7:39 PM
Tang knows everything about everything, and is never wrong. Just ask him.

He's the only person I've ever run across who thinks he knows what other people mean better than those people themselves.
2/18/2021 10:22 PM (edited)
If I thought I was wrong about a specific thing, why would I continue to believe it?

Of course I believe that I'm correct. Prove me wrong.
2/18/2021 10:42 PM
Posted by tangplay on 2/18/2021 7:39:00 PM (view original):
Yes, and yes, but they would be wrong.

I also think that the world is not flat. There are people who have a different opinion. What is your point?
IT is a fact that the world is round. If you believe the world is flat, that is not an opinion. That is stupidity.

Much as I agree with you, tang, it is not a fact that Limbaugh was bad or good. That is an opinion. You can't prove that you are right and nobody else can prove you are wrong.

My point is that your opinion is that the world is a better place without Limbaugh in it. Many people have a different opinion. You caan't prove you are right. They can't prove they are right. If you could prove you were right, it would not be an opinion, it would be a fact.
2/18/2021 11:10 PM
Could I prove that the Holocaust was bad?
2/18/2021 11:24 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 2/17/2021 2:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 2/17/2021 1:43:00 PM (view original):
sorry, I just can't celebrate someone dying, no matter who it was (well, maybe Hitler)
I can CELEBRATE plenty enough for ANYBODY that says something like this. That bag of garbage was NOTHING but a hate-filled spewer of filth and was one of the most DISGUSTING public figures of the modern age. His death is a BLESSING for the good people of Earth. I will smoke many joints tonight over the SHEER WONDERFULNESS of his demise.
The irony...
2/19/2021 12:40 AM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 2/17/2021 9:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 2/17/2021 4:59:00 PM (view original):
A dude who did a segment celebrating and mocking people who died of AIDS can **** right off and go to hell.
JUDGE NOT THAT YE YOURSELF BE JUDGED// and you will be judged by the same measure you hit him with.. in other words, you are already in a hot place
Man, page 1 of this thread was loaded with irony.

This one is just hilarious.
2/19/2021 12:42 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 2/19/2021 12:40:00 AM (view original):
sorry, I just can't celebrate someone dying, no matter who it was (well, maybe Hitler)
I can CELEBRATE plenty enough for ANYBODY that says something like this. That bag of garbage was NOTHING but a hate-filled spewer of filth and was one of the most DISGUSTING public figures of the modern age. His death is a BLESSING for the good people of Earth. I will smoke many joints tonight over the SHEER WONDERFULNESS of his demise.
The irony...
Can you describe the irony that hurt you?
2/19/2021 9:22 AM
Posted by rsp777 on 2/19/2021 9:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 2/19/2021 12:40:00 AM (view original):
The irony...
Can you describe the irony that hurt you?
I think it hurts everyone when we have an increasingly pervasive political culture centered around hate. It seems like a lot of people are very good at condemning people who disagree with them as hateful and angry while then describing them with words like "garbage," "worthless," "trash," and "scum." People who, say, fill the forums of sports simulation websites with that kind of hatemongering aimed at both noteworthy public figures and fellow users of the site alike. It hurts because it takes away the room for compromise and mutual understanding and provides absolutely no positive benefits.

The clear irony is that people like you build their political "platform" on calling out hatred while spewing nothing but bile. You're not anti-hate, you just want to make sure you associate with people who hate the right people - the ones who disagree with you.

You literally use more hateful rhetoric than every other user in this forum combined. By a wide margin.
2/19/2021 11:52 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I don't WANT to "compromise" with people of your ilk. I want to see you lose every election and get what you deserve as policies are enacted that, while moving our country forward into the future, you despise. I want to see the limpbawls of the world SILENCED. Be it by death or by them finally being nailed to the wall for their kind of "political discourse." I want to see you suffer at the hands of every INTELLIGENT, INFORMED and FORWARD THINKING VOTER. I don't care one iota for what you think. You're IRRELEVANT. Like the Republican Party. INEFFECTUAL, INEPT and unable to comprehend the fact that your world view is ANCIENT and MORALLY REPREHENSIBLE. The faster that geezer conservatives die off the better off this country will be. Your "make America great again" slogan really meant make America go back in time to a world where you weren't so TERRIFIED of actual HUMAN PROGRESS. You can take YOUR HATEFUL RHETORIC and stick it where the sun don't shine dude.

You're a DYING BREED.
2/19/2021 1:46 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Ding Dong, The Witch is DEAD! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.