Patch notes - February 18th, 2021 Topic

In HD does balancing scholarships mean that D3 A reputation Schools will lose effectiveness going after D1 recruits versus C and D D1 schools?
2/18/2021 3:22 PM
You said offering scholarship in GD carries significant weight. Are we talking 10%, 20% or more?
2/18/2021 3:37 PM

SimLeague Basketball:

• Adjusted Default settings for Open Leagues to $47 million budget & No Rookies, this will begin once the next open league is created.

Thanks, adlorenz! This is absolutely fantastic news!
2/18/2021 3:47 PM
@adlorenz ;

just curious as to the changes for:

SimLeague Baseball:

Adjusted Default settings for Open Leagues to not include AAA Players.

?does this mean that OL GM's will no longer receive the 6/2 AAA players anymore? or does it mean they will no longer be "masked" by fake names? please offer some clarification, as GMs will need to know, as most fill rosters with $200k players, then dump them for a waiver wire player, or buy someone else's AAA player

thanks again for your continued work

2/18/2021 4:13 PM
The Open Leagues/AAA change is an interesting development either way, but yeah, would like clarification if it's no more AAA at all or simply replacing the fake names with real ones.
2/18/2021 5:15 PM
Posted by bripat42 on 2/18/2021 9:30:00 AM (view original):

"Adjusted injuries:

• "Off-field injuries have been limited to short to medium term injuries

• "Slightly reduced frequency of long term injuries that impact player attributes long term"

I'm very disappointed to see that you're caving in to the whiners and the crybabies who are better off playing 1990s Nintendo baseball than a realistic sim. Injuries are already so rare and unimpactful in this game, it is absurd. Now, it's going to be "slightly" even more absurd. It already is common to see owners set 5-man rotations and/or 8- or 9-man lineups on opening day and never touch either of them all bleeping season long -- because they don't have to. This announcement will encourage even more owners to stop giving a $#!& about roster depth or their bench and to pour all of their resources into 16- or 17-man rosters.

I think these type of incremental changes are the way to go. I don't think this is caving to whiners. I think it is making it a more enjoyable experience overall. While I don't agree with the spirit of the above post, I do agree with some of the content.

Owners/coaches should not be able to consistently overplay players every season with little additional risk. If there are less injuries overall, maybe there should be more injuries to players that get overplayed. I think this is a reasonable balance.

I put my position player prospects on a 3 inning per game limit and my pitching prospects on a 5 pitch count per game in order to avoid the chance of injury. Yet, I seem to have more frequent major injuries to my prospects with limited playing time than some owners have to their superstar players that they continue to play them despite being gassed. I know that in real life, you can do all the right things and still get injured, but if you're training or competing while fatigued, your chance of injury is much higher.
2/18/2021 5:18 PM

SimLeague Baseball:

• Adjusted Default settings for Open Leagues to not include AAA Players.

I hope I’m wrong, but I see this having a bigger negative impact on new owners than anything. I’m not sure the reason this was done. At best it will shake things up a little, but veteran owners will be able to skirt the changes much better than newbies.

2/18/2021 6:28 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 2/18/2021 5:15:00 PM (view original):
The Open Leagues/AAA change is an interesting development either way, but yeah, would like clarification if it's no more AAA at all or simply replacing the fake names with real ones.
There will be no AAA players, this may or may not be a permeant change. I am always open to listening to the community, but the combination of fake names, understanding the value of these AAA players (or their real names), and debate around trading AAA players for $200,000 bench players, this seemed like something to explore for open leagues only.
2/18/2021 6:44 PM
Posted by adlorenz on 2/18/2021 6:45:00 PM (view original):
There will be no AAA players, this may or may not be a permeant change. I am always open to listening to the community, but the combination of fake names, understanding the value of these AAA players (or their real names), and debate around trading AAA players for $200,000 bench players, this seemed like something to explore for open leagues only.
i may be as fairly new GM but i see this as a very negative move.
a) always fun to see who you get, luck of the draw
b) will now force GMs to draft/spend $ on bench players. $80m is already a tight # that results in repeat players for many GMs
c) this will dilute the regular roster of players. 8 hitters @ $5m to x 600 abs each, now will be $40m to get 6000 abs for ~12 players?
d) the average AAA players are valued at around $1.6m for hitters and $1.2m for pitchers, that equates to 12M of lost value to every team.

honestly the way to avoid fake names, understanding their value, the debate of trading these players..... is to simply unmask their identities. you can simply allot each team approx 12 million worth of 6/2 players.

you can even add more fun for the GM by allowing the GM to pick a collection of players. unknown players, but grouped as speed/defense/pitching/power/contact based players, and prior to the season the GM selects their player groups that fits their rosters needs.

again im just a new guy, but really think this needs to be put in all the open league commentary boxes so you can see the responses, not just in this kinda hidden thread.
2/18/2021 7:46 PM
I am fine with eliminating AAA players from baseball open leagues. However, please consider raising the budget to 100M. It is more fun for a new owner to be able to use recognizable players. Without AAA, the 80M budget really becomes the equivalent of 68M.
2/19/2021 12:11 AM
I'm curious to know more about what bug was fixed with :
  • Fixed Home Visit recruiting bug

Also, as others have asked, I'm wondering what's meant by:
  • Recruiting Balance Change - Adjusted scholarship offers to be more balanced towards real life value

2/19/2021 11:46 AM
in HBD, Where will the settings be located for commissioners to replace an owner?

Also, I think there should be some thought as how to avoid a disaster at the beginning of a season when an owner goes missing. 14 days is way too long, either reduce the amount of days prior to the regular season starting or maybe allow a commissioner to go into said franchise to do things for the missing owner. Not setting a budget, hiring managers, not resigning free agents, or worse, losing rule5 prospects can be devastating to a franchise.
2/19/2021 6:37 PM
Posted by adlorenz on 2/18/2021 6:45:00 PM (view original):
Nice...levels the playing field and brings more realism. I like.
2/19/2021 8:56 PM

Edit: Should’ve probably edited this earlier but this is live.

New features/changes:

SimLeague Baseball:

• Adjusted Default settings for Open Leagues to not include AAA Players.

The above says it's already live, but is this only for leagues that begin forming after this time, or even for leagues that started filling, but haven't quite filled yet?

I ask because I have multiple teams in leagues waiting to fill (along with jonjoerob and bru[numbers]) and don't know if those teams will be impacted as well, or if those will still have AAA since they started and the league # was issued prior to the change?

2/19/2021 10:05 PM

Hardball Dynasty:

• Added Commissioner tool to allow commissioners to warn via email or sitemail owners, also replace vacant owners on their own after 14 days of inactivity.

As a World Commissioner, where exactly do you find this in HBD?
2/20/2021 1:28 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Patch notes - February 18th, 2021 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.