People Over 40 Who Vote Democrat Topic

Unfortunately, I don't think "we the people" can do anything about our two current Parties continuing to tear this Country apart. Election reform and/or contribution limits, or the like, are the only things that will get a 3rd (or more) Party to a viable point, and none of that is going to happen with the Parties themselves dictating how every politician votes.
2/26/2021 8:23 PM
I don't understand why Joe Biden is perceived as an extremist. He's a centrist.
2/26/2021 8:33 PM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 2/25/2021 2:49:00 PM (view original):
I would guess somewhere between 35-60% of these people would never vote for a Democrat again if they obtained their news outside of legacy, narrative-driven media, media that has changed dramatically in the last 20 years. In 2021, The New York Times is a vehicle for the woke movement (defending the "personal truth" of their allies when caught in a lie...look up their recent article about the Smith College situation). Time Magazine in 2021 is very, very different than Time Magazine in 1982 or 1991. Or, even heck, 2000.

The WOKE movement has coopted much of the legacy media...but boomers, gen x'ers, quiet gen - who are good people and are not CRAZY WOKIES and who reasonably believe that kids should not be allowed to have gender transition surgery, that there are real biological differences between men and women, that racism is bad against ANY race, gender discrimination is bad against EITHER gender etc etc - still vote Democrat without realizing that the party they once identified with has completely transformed and is NEVER going back.

I know orange man is bad, but do you know what he is good at? Being a DISTRACTION. Respectful 40, 50, 60 somethings rightfully were disgusted by much of his unpresidential behavior. But, at the end of the day, you bought into a trap laid down for you by your enemies. The young wokists are coming for you. They will cancel you. They will judge you. They will blame you for their lack of prospects. They'll take your property. They will ask you to apologize. They will accuse you of not being diverse enough. They will call you names. They will be offended by your jokes. Older people of the world unite! You do not yet realize the forces you have unleashed.

Yours,
A concerned millennial who only wants the best for y'all
Nobody is coming for ANY of US. Just because we've aged a bit doesn't mean that we've abandoned the same principles, values and morals we've always had. They're NOT coming for ANY of US because we agree with them. We FOUNDED the principles that they are advancing today. You're far too much of a "head up your *** conservative" to even comprehend the fact that we WERE them and we ARE them. The only ones they're "coming for" are neanderthals like YOU.
2/28/2021 1:07 PM
Who am I to wake you up from your dogmatic slumber?

Good luck! And don't be offensive ;) (for your own sake!!)
2/28/2021 1:24 PM
Posted by tangplay on 2/26/2021 8:33:00 PM (view original):
This.

Bernie was roundly rejected by democrats twice.

2/28/2021 1:51 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 2/28/2021 1:51:00 PM (view original):
This.

Um, you can't be serious. Released documents prove conclusively that Democratic insiders conspired against him in 2016. Bernie is clearly much more popular on a national level...the only thing noteworthy that came out of Biden's inauguration was a Bernie-sitting-in-a-chair-meme for godsakes.

Intellectually, I heartily disagree with Bernie's political worldview...but emotionally, I quite like the man and believe he (for a politician at least) is damn authentic.
2/28/2021 2:31 PM
It's just wrong that Bernie is more popular than Biden on a national level. Most Democrats aren't leftists. But even if we assumed they were, wouldn't this only prove that the centrist wing of the Democratic party is more powerful than the progressive wing?
2/28/2021 2:56 PM
Maybe popular was the wrong word, but he is loved more on the national level. Nobody outside of moneyed neo-lib interest groups really loved Biden, they just hated Trump and thought Biden was the best candidate to beat him in a national election.
2/28/2021 4:24 PM
I don't deny that Bernie is more loved than Biden, but he's also more hated. ~30% of the Democratic Party really, really loves Bernie, and the other 70% is either indifferent or dislikes him. From my perception, Biden is just "meh" for the vast majority of Democrats, but an acceptable "meh."

Either way, it's an uphill battle to claim that the party is controlled by the "woke mob" or "leftists," especially when you just argued that a small group of powerful people can control the entire primary to allow the moderate candidate to win.
2/28/2021 4:58 PM
personally I don't love any politician. Don't even like most of them.
2/28/2021 7:46 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 2/28/2021 1:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 2/25/2021 2:49:00 PM (view original):
I would guess somewhere between 35-60% of these people would never vote for a Democrat again if they obtained their news outside of legacy, narrative-driven media, media that has changed dramatically in the last 20 years. In 2021, The New York Times is a vehicle for the woke movement (defending the "personal truth" of their allies when caught in a lie...look up their recent article about the Smith College situation). Time Magazine in 2021 is very, very different than Time Magazine in 1982 or 1991. Or, even heck, 2000.

The WOKE movement has coopted much of the legacy media...but boomers, gen x'ers, quiet gen - who are good people and are not CRAZY WOKIES and who reasonably believe that kids should not be allowed to have gender transition surgery, that there are real biological differences between men and women, that racism is bad against ANY race, gender discrimination is bad against EITHER gender etc etc - still vote Democrat without realizing that the party they once identified with has completely transformed and is NEVER going back.

I know orange man is bad, but do you know what he is good at? Being a DISTRACTION. Respectful 40, 50, 60 somethings rightfully were disgusted by much of his unpresidential behavior. But, at the end of the day, you bought into a trap laid down for you by your enemies. The young wokists are coming for you. They will cancel you. They will judge you. They will blame you for their lack of prospects. They'll take your property. They will ask you to apologize. They will accuse you of not being diverse enough. They will call you names. They will be offended by your jokes. Older people of the world unite! You do not yet realize the forces you have unleashed.

Yours,
A concerned millennial who only wants the best for y'all
Nobody is coming for ANY of US. Just because we've aged a bit doesn't mean that we've abandoned the same principles, values and morals we've always had. They're NOT coming for ANY of US because we agree with them. We FOUNDED the principles that they are advancing today. You're far too much of a "head up your *** conservative" to even comprehend the fact that we WERE them and we ARE them. The only ones they're "coming for" are neanderthals like YOU.
I was far more disgusted at the behavior of the Godless left, during Trumps 4 years, than any political nonsense have ever seen ...and I have been around since end of WW2... WAY more and if the lefties think Clintons are more upright in character than Trump.. then they are on dope... and I totally believe their judgement and moral standards are twisted because of it.. .. meaning mind 'expanding' drugs. Totally brainwashed.. and don't know right from wrong. So yeah
3/1/2021 9:17 PM
LOL. What I get disgusted about is the stupidity inherent within certain human beings.

I've got a pair of boots smarter than some folks.
3/2/2021 7:44 AM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 2/28/2021 2:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 2/28/2021 1:51:00 PM (view original):
This.

Um, you can't be serious. Released documents prove conclusively that Democratic insiders conspired against him in 2016. Bernie is clearly much more popular on a national level...the only thing noteworthy that came out of Biden's inauguration was a Bernie-sitting-in-a-chair-meme for godsakes.

Intellectually, I heartily disagree with Bernie's political worldview...but emotionally, I quite like the man and believe he (for a politician at least) is damn authentic.
Nobody conspired against him.
3/2/2021 11:38 AM
Lostnfound was more disgusted by the left the past four years than by Jim Crow South in the 60s apparently.
3/2/2021 11:40 AM
who cares what lostinfound was or is disgusted by? He can be disgusted by whatever he wants, but I don't care.
3/2/2021 3:08 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
People Over 40 Who Vote Democrat Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.