People Over 40 Who Vote Democrat Topic

I would guess somewhere between 35-60% of these people would never vote for a Democrat again if they obtained their news outside of legacy, narrative-driven media, media that has changed dramatically in the last 20 years. In 2021, The New York Times is a vehicle for the woke movement (defending the "personal truth" of their allies when caught in a lie...look up their recent article about the Smith College situation). Time Magazine in 2021 is very, very different than Time Magazine in 1982 or 1991. Or, even heck, 2000.

The WOKE movement has coopted much of the legacy media...but boomers, gen x'ers, quiet gen - who are good people and are not CRAZY WOKIES and who reasonably believe that kids should not be allowed to have gender transition surgery, that there are real biological differences between men and women, that racism is bad against ANY race, gender discrimination is bad against EITHER gender etc etc - still vote Democrat without realizing that the party they once identified with has completely transformed and is NEVER going back.

I know orange man is bad, but do you know what he is good at? Being a DISTRACTION. Respectful 40, 50, 60 somethings rightfully were disgusted by much of his unpresidential behavior. But, at the end of the day, you bought into a trap laid down for you by your enemies. The young wokists are coming for you. They will cancel you. They will judge you. They will blame you for their lack of prospects. They'll take your property. They will ask you to apologize. They will accuse you of not being diverse enough. They will call you names. They will be offended by your jokes. Older people of the world unite! You do not yet realize the forces you have unleashed.

Yours,
A concerned millennial who only wants the best for y'all
2/25/2021 2:49 PM
You’re so boring.
2/25/2021 2:52 PM
I rarely call people names on here, but I'm becoming convinced you are an idiot.
2/25/2021 4:03 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 2/25/2021 4:03:00 PM (view original):
I rarely call people names on here, but I'm becoming convinced you are an idiot.
You would be better at dissuading me from the notion that you are an idiot if you responded to any of the substance of my arguments rather than making an ad hominem attack. Just saying :)
2/25/2021 4:11 PM
Hey guitarguy, can you name one thing that Democratic policy does to advance any of those things?

You mentioned canceling, being asked to apologize, being offended, etc. I voted for Biden. Not sure how his policy changes any of that. Or why voting for Trump (or anyone else) would stop it.

Yes, Trump is a distraction. His policies were bad. His actions put the country in a worse position.

Even if I bought into all of what you just said, NONE of it has ANYTHING to do with voting for the Democratic Party!

The only thing that you mentioned that would be a policy thing is "kids getting gender transition surgery," which I don't think anyone advocates for. I think kids should be able to get puberty blockers and potentially have SRS when they are older. That seems to be common medical practice at this point.
2/25/2021 5:19 PM
I just genuinely don't understand someone who imagines that cancel culture and "woke people" are the greatest problem facing America today, not healthcare, or infrastructure, or poverty, or foreign policy, etc.

50 million people filed for unemployment during the pandemic, and there's about to be a partisan vote in Congress down party lines over a stimulus check. But you don't talk about any of that. Democrats in the house voted to decriminalize marijuana, again a partisan vote. Biden (even though he could be doing more) is trying to end the war in Yemen. All of these things seem like something you would be in favor of. I can trace my vote for candidates directly to these policy changes. But you are far more focused on the "woke mob," something that my vote for Joe Biden doesn't seem to affect.
2/25/2021 5:29 PM
I grew up a Reagan-era Republican...am now well over 50 and will never again vote GOP. The party of my youth is long long gone, taken over by batshit crazy religious conservatives, racists, warmongers, homophobes...the GOP no longer stands for any sense of fiscal conservatism (if it ever did), nor any sense of personal responsibility. The Atlantic has a great article this week on the moral collapse of the GOP. How anyone over or under 40 can support this decrepit morally bankrupt institution is utterly beyond me.
2/25/2021 5:29 PM
Don't blame me, I'm a monarchist! (Elon Musk will do for now)
2/25/2021 5:51 PM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 2/25/2021 4:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 2/25/2021 4:03:00 PM (view original):
You would be better at dissuading me from the notion that you are an idiot if you responded to any of the substance of my arguments rather than making an ad hominem attack. Just saying :)
I don't care if you think I'm an idiot or not. You're an idiot. What do you know?
2/25/2021 6:32 PM
Posted by contrarian23 on 2/25/2021 5:29:00 PM (view original):
I grew up a Reagan-era Republican...am now well over 50 and will never again vote GOP. The party of my youth is long long gone, taken over by batshit crazy religious conservatives, racists, warmongers, homophobes...the GOP no longer stands for any sense of fiscal conservatism (if it ever did), nor any sense of personal responsibility. The Atlantic has a great article this week on the moral collapse of the GOP. How anyone over or under 40 can support this decrepit morally bankrupt institution is utterly beyond me.
Exactly!! Other than how young you are I coulda/shoulda/woulda said the same thing.
2/25/2021 7:11 PM
Kudos
2/25/2021 9:34 PM
That's EXACTLY how I feel about the Democratic Party I supported for over 30 years. Guess that's the great thing about America, we are all free to believe what we want.
2/26/2021 12:25 PM
Posted by all3 on 2/26/2021 12:25:00 PM (view original):
That's EXACTLY how I feel about the Democratic Party I supported for over 30 years. Guess that's the great thing about America, we are all free to believe what we want.
Same here. The democratic party I once knew and supported is dead. As a high school kid I went door to door for the Kerry Campaign. A real, honest to god activist I was! The non-theist puritanical wokist leftist movement is the most dangerous thing that has happened to our country in 150 years.
2/26/2021 1:21 PM
So........ we have 2 folks (G.G. and all3) who have become sickened and developed a hatred towards their (formerly) Democratic brothers and sisters......... and 2 (contrarian and myself) who have become sickened and developed an overarching scorn for the Republican's that we used to support.

Seems rather telling. Odd even. Did we change our views? or have the Parties become inter-changeable and meaningless as to their actual representation of We the People!?

I'm betting a ton on the latter.
Tear them down!! Refuse to vote based on party! and vote for non- Republicans and non-Democrats whenever you can!!
FORCE (thru our VOTES!!) the Parties to implode and re-align!
2/26/2021 4:21 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 2/26/2021 4:21:00 PM (view original):
So........ we have 2 folks (G.G. and all3) who have become sickened and developed a hatred towards their (formerly) Democratic brothers and sisters......... and 2 (contrarian and myself) who have become sickened and developed an overarching scorn for the Republican's that we used to support.

Seems rather telling. Odd even. Did we change our views? or have the Parties become inter-changeable and meaningless as to their actual representation of We the People!?

I'm betting a ton on the latter.
Tear them down!! Refuse to vote based on party! and vote for non- Republicans and non-Democrats whenever you can!!
FORCE (thru our VOTES!!) the Parties to implode and re-align!
You know what, I agree! I welcome all reasonable Democrats as my brothers and sisters. I think most of us are reasonable! The followers of QAnon and all the WOKE MOB can EFF OFF tho! Let the 20s be the rational, reasonable, and moderate decade!
2/26/2021 7:05 PM (edited)
123 Next ▸
People Over 40 Who Vote Democrat Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.