The Left Cancels Dr. Seuss Topic

The day is fast approaching when the left will unironically promote book burning. In true leftist form, they will call book burning by a name that connotes its opposite.

Leftists = the grinches who stole the grinch who stole christmas

Biden agrees with the decision to cancel Dr. Seuss!! It's obvious who is winning the culture war. And it's equally obvious they are becoming more and more emboldened. If you're not scared yet, you will be. https://nypost.com/2021/03/02/biden-removes-mention-of-dr-seuss-from-read-across-america-day/?utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow
3/2/2021 1:41 PM (edited)
When they came for Mr. Potato Head, I said nothing, because I didn't care.

When they came for Dr. Seuss, I said nothing, because I don't care.

I don't care.

The second I saw the story, I knew you would whine about it.
3/2/2021 1:47 PM
But refusing to bake a cake for somebody is very much worth whining about?
3/2/2021 1:50 PM
When, during the course of human history, have the people who wanted to ban books and censor information been the "good guys"? I'll wait.
3/2/2021 1:51 PM
No one's trying to ban the books, Jesus. I don't think any books should be "banned." I also think that we have a right to choose what books to promote. Not the same thing.

As for cakes, I agree. It's not the end of the world. However, that issue is more important because it's an important legal precedent.
3/2/2021 2:17 PM
what's wrong with Dr. Seuss? Too colorful? Dogs that talk? what?
3/2/2021 2:38 PM
He wrote some racist stuff in some of his books.
3/2/2021 2:58 PM
if only someone would cancel guitarguy.....(just kidding. He can post whatever gibberish he wants to post. I don't have to read it though)
3/2/2021 3:11 PM
Posted by tangplay on 3/2/2021 2:58:00 PM (view original):
He wrote some racist stuff in some of his books.
What did he say?

I heart it was over images and also due to the fact that only 2% of his characters were "people of color." No mention was made if the green grinch counted in that category.
3/2/2021 3:16 PM
It was over images and characteristics. Not sure where your second thing is coming from.

Here's a NY Post article that shows the images:
https://nypost.com/2021/03/02/six-dr-seuss-books-wont-be-published-for-racist-images/

Also, apparently it's just the six books in question, not Seuss's entire catalogue, which makes the action a billion times more defensible.

This isn't a big cultural thing and just not a big deal. You're getting triggered over nothing.
3/2/2021 3:51 PM
Why the **** would I be scared of a publisher independently deciding not to continue publishing six books that clearly, whether you agree or disagree, have some racially charged drawings?
3/2/2021 3:52 PM
Lol it’s his birthday and my girls wore Dr. Seuss stuff to school. Cancelled! Sure.

A publisher decided to not continue publishing some books and whinerguy here won’t stop whining. Isn’t this a free market?
3/2/2021 5:47 PM
I remember when the cancelled the Road Runner because it's too violent. Total BS when you look at kid's video games.
I'm still ****** and disappointed.
3/2/2021 5:50 PM
the wylie part of my username is from wyle e coyote!
3/2/2021 7:24 PM (edited)
just out of curiosity, does anyone look at a Dr Seuss book and think hhhmm, there are very few people of color in this book..guess it's okay to be racist?
3/2/2021 6:32 PM
12345 Next ▸
The Left Cancels Dr. Seuss Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.