New User Promotion coming 3/11 Topic

As a new owner (I played 2 seasons forever ago) who has the option to do DII (by some miracle in my first ever season I made the national tournament) should I start in DIII to learn the game or take a job in DII to get better recruits?
3/12/2021 1:56 PM
Posted by hockey1984 on 3/12/2021 1:56:00 PM (view original):
As a new owner (I played 2 seasons forever ago) who has the option to do DII (by some miracle in my first ever season I made the national tournament) should I start in DIII to learn the game or take a job in DII to get better recruits?
Totally up to you, and your preferences. Many coaches seem to prefer D2 to D3, the big difference is that at D3 there is a longer and more tenuous wait for the top recruits - who generally come from the D1 recruit pool - to sign, since D1 pool recruits don’t sign with D3 teams until the last 24 hours of the second (final) recruiting session. Those recruits start signing with D2 teams at the beginning of the second recruiting session.

Either way, it will be good for you to read up on the changes, and think about seeking out a mentor by sitemail, and/or get active on the forums, to figure out the nuances of the game. Welcome back!
3/12/2021 2:06 PM
Posted by hockey1984 on 3/12/2021 1:56:00 PM (view original):
It’s personal preference so you’ll get a ton of diff. answers. Personally, I think DII is the best level to really learn the game because you get the best of both worlds.

I went from DIII to DII after my first season and have no regrets. The recruiting in DIII is pretty counter intuitive and actually quite a bit harder than DII in my experience
3/12/2021 3:16 PM
Learn the basics in D2 then after 3-4 NT runs yould bee ready for early D1. Then you have to adjust to Prestige and thatll take 5-10 seasons to get a good feel for. Ull be power conference D1 ready in 8-12 months.
3/12/2021 4:17 PM
◂ Prev 123
New User Promotion coming 3/11 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.