tang's "Change My Mind" thread Topic

Posted by tangplay on 3/7/2021 12:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 3/7/2021 12:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 3/7/2021 11:58:00 AM (view original):
Gg is a bad person to debate the electoral college with because he doesn't think that anyone should be able to vote. So I'll amend my statement. If you're pro-democracy (or at least pro-voting), you can't defend the electoral college.
Not only do I believe that not everyone should be able to vote, in a perfect world, I believe, nobody should be able to vote. We need a system in place that dispenses with human agency in elections altogether.

Some people talk about robots replacing humans in minimum wage type jobs. I want robots in congress and in the executive branch, And only robots. Once the technology exists.

Do you want your plane flown by hand or autopilot?
Can you explain how a robot could be programmed to make such decisions?

How could you program them without bias, for example? How could you incorporate considerations of happiness?
I don't code. A good coder (in maybe 10-20 years) could answer this question.
3/7/2021 1:42 PM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 3/7/2021 12:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 3/7/2021 11:58:00 AM (view original):
Gg is a bad person to debate the electoral college with because he doesn't think that anyone should be able to vote. So I'll amend my statement. If you're pro-democracy (or at least pro-voting), you can't defend the electoral college.
Not only do I believe that not everyone should be able to vote, in a perfect world, I believe, nobody should be able to vote. We need a system in place that dispenses with human agency in elections altogether.

Some people talk about robots replacing humans in minimum wage type jobs. I want robots in congress and in the executive branch, And only robots. Once the technology exists.

Do you want your plane flown by hand or autopilot?
Depends on the PILOT.......... and the "level" of sophistication of the on board "autopilot".

Me?, I wanna fly the plane............. or stay the hell on the ground.
I don't trust.
3/7/2021 2:34 PM
It was a philosophical question, not a coding question. I don't think it would ever be possible to find a solution to those problems.
3/7/2021 2:34 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
tang, why do you even bother with GG?
3/8/2021 2:07 PM
cuz it's fun
3/8/2021 2:47 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 3/8/2021 2:07:00 PM (view original):
tang, why do you even bother with GG?
"Funny", I wonder why GG (or anybody) bothers with tang.
3/8/2021 7:21 PM
cuz its fun

like the man said
3/8/2021 9:42 PM
Anyone want to take a crack at defending cash bail?
3/18/2021 1:56 PM
show up at court you get your cash back

the problem ain cash bail

the problem is not enough judges not enough courts not enough jurors

so too many lawyers and not enough time

i kinda like the china way where when you get put in the poke you get one day to make your case

now i know the china way is not the great way

cause guilty can get you hauled out back o the courthouse and doffed

but you do get a quick hearing

night court

3/18/2021 2:08 PM
i think proper equity would be

Everyone gets a public defender

by everyone i mean civil i mean criminal i mean every goddam body in the US of A
3/18/2021 2:23 PM
Yeah, the problem is that many people cannot afford their bail, and that we shouldn't be locking people up for being poor. Just release people pretrial. There's no evidence that people don't show up to trial or commit crimes. It creates a more humane and equitable criminal justice system. Win/Win.

I agree, we need more public defenders. But let's do both.
3/18/2021 3:02 PM
do both what

i said fast trial immediate trial grab six locals and do justice now

so when young party punks roll into town

they gonna get deservedness
3/18/2021 3:18 PM
yer sayin let em go home and get a good nights sleep

i say No

trial today per my constitution

a quickie right now

put your public defender to work
3/18/2021 3:26 PM
I don't think that's a serious policy solution. Not nearly enough time for collection of evidence. Prepare for more innocent people to be convicted and more guilty people to be ruled innocent.

Just end cash bail. Real simple.
3/18/2021 3:55 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
tang's "Change My Mind" thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.