tang's "Change My Mind" thread Topic

He is not a comedian, unless you think "haha racism" is funny.

Seriously, Crowder doesn't even hide his racism. He failed as a comedian because he isn't funny, and now makes dumbfuck Youtube videos for morons like CCCP.
3/26/2021 2:52 PM
I would rather drink bleach than suffer through one of his videos. Seriously. They're painfully unfunny and the argumentation is on the level of 12 year olds (the target audience, btw).
3/26/2021 2:57 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 3/26/2021 2:27:00 PM (view original):
Oh, can he dunk?
Sometimes he has trouble getting donuts in the cup, but he's pretty skilled with Animal Crackers.
3/26/2021 3:24 PM
Steven Crowder invented the idea of “change my mind.”

ok
3/26/2021 5:03 PM
In fairness I get what he means about "taking it from Crowder." I don't know why it makes me a moron, though.
3/26/2021 5:16 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 3/26/2021 12:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 3/26/2021 12:20:00 PM (view original):
what gives you the right to determine who deserves civility? Maybe its just me , but if I say I'm going to be civil, I mean I'll be civil to everyone, not just the people I feel "deserve" civility.
I do. It is called free will. I'll be civil to you. To Bob. Not to this moron.
Okay, and it's my free will to comment on your lack of civility to the people you don't particularly like.
3/27/2021 12:56 AM
Is this wylie's civil rights movement?
3/27/2021 10:40 AM
Posted by tangplay on 3/7/2021 2:18:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bagchucker on 3/7/2021 1:52:00 AM (view original):
FD same reason people don wanna put jabs in the arms of prisoners

you go off the reservation you get no rights

jail is supposed to mean something

those who hurt someone

make em think twice
Five responses:
1. Evidence suggests that how punitive a punishment is is not a deterrant to crime. The larger deterrant is the percieved risk of being caught.
2. Even if this was true, is the loss of voting rights really a deterrant? Was anyone going to commit a felony, but reconsidered because they would lose the right to vote?
3. This just doesn't play out empirically. You would need to provide evidence that felon disenfranchisement reduces crime rates.
4. It could actually be the opposite. There have been studies that have found (albeit flimsy) evidence that felon disenfranchisement increases recidivism rates.
5. Are felons not still citizens? Do they not pay taxes? Do government decisions not impact them? Why shouldn't they get a voice?
Felons in jail should not have the right to vote and they do not pay taxes, taxes subsidize them. They are CRIMINALS, and criminals are dishonest people, who lie, cheat, steal, and kill , and et cetera

The death penalty IS a deterrent to murder.. Those in jail will say so.. cuz they thought about that noose and decided not to pull the trigger.. Many have said this. ..

Again, I do not want criminals voting for our leaders.. Pretty simple logic, unless you are brainwashed by the lefties who run our universities.. have they built a better world for us? (No)
3/28/2021 12:14 AM
Why don't you want criminals voting? Just saying that you don't want it isn't an argument. You didn't have a logical process. You stated the conclusion but not the premise.

Let's set aside jailed populations voting (even though I still advocate for that) and just focus on felon disenfranchisement. Here's my logical process.

1. Ex-felons pay taxes.
2. Ex-felons are affected by government decisions.
3. Taxation without representation is immoral, and citizens affected by government policy should have an opportunity to change said policy.
Thus, conclusion: Ex-felons should be able to vote.

As for the death penalty, I'm sorry but you're factually wrong. Implementation of the death penalty does NOT deter murder. We can look at this empirically and though study - for example, after the Furman v Georgia decision put a temporary halt to executions, the murder rate did not rise. Furthermore, we can analyze deterring factors and the risk of being caught vastly outweighs the potential punishment. People just don't consider the death penalty when committing crimes - because they either don't care or don't think they will be caught.
3/28/2021 1:10 AM
Posted by tangplay on 3/28/2021 1:10:00 AM (view original):
Why don't you want criminals voting? Just saying that you don't want it isn't an argument. You didn't have a logical process. You stated the conclusion but not the premise.

Let's set aside jailed populations voting (even though I still advocate for that) and just focus on felon disenfranchisement. Here's my logical process.

1. Ex-felons pay taxes.
2. Ex-felons are affected by government decisions.
3. Taxation without representation is immoral, and citizens affected by government policy should have an opportunity to change said policy.
Thus, conclusion: Ex-felons should be able to vote.

As for the death penalty, I'm sorry but you're factually wrong. Implementation of the death penalty does NOT deter murder. We can look at this empirically and though study - for example, after the Furman v Georgia decision put a temporary halt to executions, the murder rate did not rise. Furthermore, we can analyze deterring factors and the risk of being caught vastly outweighs the potential punishment. People just don't consider the death penalty when committing crimes - because they either don't care or don't think they will be caught.
Please.. just use your common sense;; Criminals are deviants, and most of them are Psycho sociopaths.. They do not possess good judgment and should not have a say in who runs the country.

but you would let the murders and rapists out of jail? You say no deterrent.. I say put the murderer and serial rapist away forever. Execute them. Then they can not
  • Arrange to have you killed if you testified against him
  • Run a criminal empire from within the jailhouse walls
  • Suck $150,000 a year from the taxpayers (the people he steals from) to house him in the government institution
  • and if the repeat rapists are gassed/juiced, then they can no longer cause misery to future victims

The idea here is to protect society from them who do that which is evil. Meaning rape, kill and destroy

Make sense? (I tried)
4/2/2021 4:29 PM
You do realize that most felons aren't "murderers and rapists"? The most common felony is drugs. People who struggle with drug abuse aren't "psycho sociopaths."

FYI that killing people through the death penalty costs more money than life in prison. For good reason, too. Probably pretty important to ensure that we aren't killing a bunch of innocent people. I'm sure that you don't care.

Your argument had nothing to do with felon voting. Your only argument was that felons have "poor judgement." OK? We let a lot of people with "poor judgement" vote. It's completely irrelevant. Felons who are released from jail are citizens, just like you or I. They deserve to vote.
4/2/2021 5:16 PM
Lostnfound is insane
4/2/2021 6:04 PM
Worse! He's stupid!
4/2/2021 8:13 PM
why not both?
4/3/2021 4:46 PM
How would y'all feel about this filibuster reform:

Let's say the House and Senate pass a bill, but it doesn't get 60 votes. Instead of dying, I think it should be tabled until after the midterms (or, the Presidential election). Then, the bill can be re-introduced and passed with 50 votes.

I think this reform would be more healthy to democracy than a flat abolition of the filibuster. It preserves the current purpose of the filibuster while making it possible to pursue reforms. More importantly, it gives actual weight to midterms. For example, let's say Dems passed the PRO Act and Voting Reform but didn't get 60 votes. Democrats could campaign specifically on those issues, and Republicans campaigning specifically against. It gives tangible policies to midterm results.
4/20/2021 10:05 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
tang's "Change My Mind" thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.