Intelligence Topic

So easy to stray a mile off the topic.

It asks: do you think intelligent people are more likely to seek truth or power/status?

Wise people seek wisdom and they love the truth. I don't believe IQ has much to do with that

There are a gazillion people who are intelligent and hate the truth.. They do not seek wisdom. Instead they seek to exalt themselves.. as 'above the most high' Call them controllers. Call them Anarchists. Call then Narcissists. Or just call them ---holes. Many of them become lawyers and later, politicians, Many of them become teachers.. and some become cops

Feel free to accuse me of labelling.. but remember I said 'MANY' not all

I think evil people seek power/status. It might come from the natural desire to be worshipped. Call it Ego or pride. This is the natural nature of man. One perfect example is the boss who belittles and bullies those under his charge. Most of us have endured such people. He is not a 'coach' or a leader.. but a future dictator if allowed to go unchecked. A good leader builds people up, as does a good coach. We know what the bad ones do. The injustice is the bullies get promoted and the underlings get laid off. Who says the world is fair? It isn't

I know.. long answer

We once had the truth. living among us. 'We' mocked him, spat in his face, and then nailed him to a cross.. because.. we tend to hate the truth. It exposes us, makes us uncomfortable.. and we naturally resist this.. with a comment we have all heard: 'NOBODY is going to tell ME what to do?

Not even God? You really seek the truth? You won't find it anywhere else but in 'him'

All that is free. to the haters, instead of flaming.. just describe your idea instead

Cheers

4/2/2021 4:34 PM (edited)
Posted by dahsdebater on 3/11/2021 11:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 3/11/2021 9:15:00 PM (view original):
did you mean to say apropos?
Are you trolling yourself?

It sounds like you whipped out a thesaurus and picked a word that was denotationally correct. Bad choice. You wound up with a usage that really isn't appropriate at all.

Much irony.
But was it apropos-priate?
3/12/2021 11:13 AM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 3/12/2021 8:28:00 AM (view original):

It asks: do you think intelligent people are more likely to seek truth or power/status?

Wise people seek wisdom and they love the truth. I don't believe IQ has much to do with that

There are a gazillion people who are intelligent and hate the truth.. They do not seek wisdom. Instead they seek to exalt themselves.. as 'above the most high' Call them controllers. Call them Anarchists. Call then Narcissists. Or just call them ---holes. Many of them become lawyers and later, politicians, Many of them become teachers.. and some become cops

Feel free to accuse me of labelling.. but remember is said 'MANY' not all

I think evil people seek power/status. It might come from the natural desire to be worshipped. Call it Ego or pride. This is the natural nature of man. One perfect example is the boss who belittles and bullies those under his charge. Most of us have endured such people. He is not a 'coach' or a leader.. but a future dictator if allowed to go unchecked. A good leader builds people up, as does a good coach. Adn we know what the bad ones do. the injustice is the bulies get promoted and the underlings get laid off. Who says the world is fair? It isn't

I know.. long answer

We once had the truth. living among us. 'We' mocked him, spat in his face, and then nailed him to a cross.. because.. we tend to hate the truth. It exposes us, makes us uncomfortable.. and we naturally resist this.. with a comment we have all heard: 'NOBODY is going to tell ME what to do?

Not even God? You really seek the truth? You won't find it anywhere else but in 'him'

All that is free. to the haters, instead of flaming.. just describe your idea instead

Cheers

teachers? Are you kidding me? Most of the teachers I know (and I know quite a few) are dedicated, kind, UNDERPAID educators, who spend a lot of time and their own money educating our children.
3/12/2021 12:31 PM
Most of the teachers I know (and I know quite a few) are dedicated, kind, UNDERPAID educators, who spend a lot of time and their own money educating our children.

Amen, wylie.
3/12/2021 1:30 PM
Posted by all3 on 3/12/2021 1:30:00 PM (view original):
Most of the teachers I know (and I know quite a few) are dedicated, kind, UNDERPAID educators, who spend a lot of time and their own money educating our children.

Amen, wylie.
We can disagree. half the ones who are teaching don't belong there.. We have seen good ones, and very poor ones..

How come the average kid in h.s. today doesn't know how to hold a ball point pen??

4/2/2021 4:38 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 4/2/2021 4:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 3/12/2021 1:30:00 PM (view original):

Amen, wylie.
We can disagree. half the ones who are teaching don't belong there.. We have seen good ones, and very poor ones..

How come the average kid in h.s. today doesn't know how to hold a ball point pen??

Because we put next to nothing into public education anymore.
4/2/2021 6:15 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 3/12/2021 12:31:00 PM (view original):

I think evil people seek power/status. It might come from the natural desire to be worshipped. Call it Ego or pride. This is the natural nature of man. One perfect example is the boss who belittles and bullies those under his charge. Most of us have endured such people. He is not a 'coach' or a leader.. but a future dictator if allowed to go unchecked. A good leader builds people up, as does a good coach. Adn we know what the bad ones do. the injustice is the bulies get promoted and the underlings get laid off. Who says the world is fair? It isn't

I know.. long answer

Cheers

teachers? Are you kidding me? Most of the teachers I know (and I know quite a few) are dedicated, kind, UNDERPAID educators, who spend a lot of time and their own money educating our children.
They USED to educate, but today they indoctrinate
4/16/2021 9:42 AM
SUCH BS!!! WHEN was the last time YOU sat in on any classroom instruction?

STOP the BS rightist propaganda.

Teachers are as they've always been.
SOME are dedicated, seriously committed to the concept of teaching others HOW to gain knowledge.
Others are in it for the paycheck.

But, very very few have ANY type of political agenda that THEY are trying to advance using their position as a teacher.
That isn't teaching at all.
THAT is proselytizing. Something preachers and politicians engage in full time.............but NOT good teachers!!

I know, because I fathered one!!

So FU and your stupid right-wing paranoid propaganda!!
4/16/2021 10:01 AM
you can find people in any profession who shouldn't be doing it, but as I said, most of the teachers I know are dedicated, kind, underpaid educators. Are there lousy teachers? You bet! I had a few of them growing up. Based on my experience most of them are decent or better.
4/16/2021 12:20 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 4/16/2021 9:42:00 AM (view original):

I know.. long answer

Cheers

that's like saying the police used to serve and protect but now they just go around killing people. Shut the f up.
4/16/2021 12:21 PM
So teachers have always participated in indoctrination?

True, actually.
4/16/2021 1:08 PM

I know.. long answer

Cheers

I did not say ALL. but they indoctrinate, they quit educating 25 years ago. First year students(and I have seen lots) don't even know how to hold a ball point pen..Anyhow, nuff said
4/22/2021 12:53 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 4/16/2021 12:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 4/16/2021 9:42:00 AM (view original):

I know.. long answer

Cheers

that's like saying the police used to serve and protect but now they just go around killing people. Shut the f up.
You fancy yourself to be educated, yet you are unable to communicate without trying to boss people around and tell them to stfo. Very intelligent response. Instead of insults, give solutions. I know......you can't
4/22/2021 12:55 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 4/16/2021 10:01:00 AM (view original):
SUCH BS!!! WHEN was the last time YOU sat in on any classroom instruction?

STOP the BS rightist propaganda.

Teachers are as they've always been.
SOME are dedicated, seriously committed to the concept of teaching others HOW to gain knowledge.
Others are in it for the paycheck.

But, very very few have ANY type of political agenda that THEY are trying to advance using their position as a teacher.
That isn't teaching at all.
THAT is proselytizing. Something preachers and politicians engage in full time.............but NOT good teachers!!

I know, because I fathered one!!

So FU and your stupid right-wing paranoid propaganda!!
4/22/2021 12:57 PM
aldershot says First year students don't even know how to hold a ball point pen

and that's his 100 year old take on intelligence

4/22/2021 4:12 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Intelligence Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.