Comm. below 1-3 players u think should b better Topic

FOR FUN! + Vent sesh

*If you were the GM of WIS Simleague Basketball, with all the current players as is, who are 1-3 players you'd instantly update to be better or worse??*

I'll start!
  • I think T-Mac and Kobe should almost always be above +50 eFG%
  • I also think someway, somehow Shaq should be more dominant lol

3/9/2021 8:24 PM
Are you saying that T-Mac and Kobe should be above +50 eFG%, no matter what they did in real life?
3/12/2021 1:51 PM
Yeah, adjusting individual players' actual stats is a 100% non-no, in my book. However, something should be done to put the various "Eras" of the NBA on the same level. As it is now, 99% of players from the 50's and early 60's can't even be considered when the player pool includes everyone.
For example: If Wilt shot 55% efg, when the NBA average was 45% efg, and Shaq shot 55%efg when the NBA average was 50%, Wilt should shoot better than Shaq, to reflect that he was that much more above the NBA average. Same type system for rebounds and assists. Make dominant players dominant, no matter what "Era" they played. Think of an Open League where players like Cousy and Mikan would actually be usuable.

I don't know how to address this one, but I wish there was a "fear factor" in the Defensive ratings. As someone who watched a ton of NBA in the 80's, I shudder when I look at Laimbeer's ratings. Opponents were so afraid of what he (or Mahorn, or Rodman) would do if they drove to they hoop, that they did so much less than their normal, and when they did, it was with one eye "on the lookout" for what was coming.
3/13/2021 12:46 PM
I thought there was supposed to be some era EFG leveling system in place but if so it really doesnt do much
3/13/2021 1:19 PM
Fix Bill Russell...make him 100 defense entire career Auerbach said he was greater than wilt. Did not win 11 championships with a 70 defense was a explosive jumper s/b 5.0 BS. I saw him on live TV I know what I'm talking about
3/17/2021 4:35 AM
Posted by Midge on 3/12/2021 1:51:00 PM (view original):
Are you saying that T-Mac and Kobe should be above +50 eFG%, no matter what they did in real life?
Nooo, noo I guess I shouldve done more research before making that statement ...The few times i scrolled through Kobe and T-Mac's advance stats, I feel like the sim doesnt do them justice... I dont really know how to explain it, I just feel Kobe, especially, should almost have 15-16 Curry-esque dominance in OL.
3/18/2021 8:26 PM
Kobe scored a lot of points, but he also missed a lot of shots. He is the all time NBA leader in missed field goals and no one else is within a thousand of his record.
3/19/2021 9:20 PM
Comm. below 1-3 players u think should b better Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.