Patch Notes - March 11th, 2021 Topic

I'd like to add my two cents... I am against removing SLB AAA players, but now that such action has already been taken, i will run a couple teams through with an open mind and report back.
3/11/2021 9:41 PM
Posted by tlowster on 3/11/2021 8:27:00 PM (view original):
Hey there.
Just confirming that there is no update for HBD this month. Is that accurate?
That's correct, it'll happen from time to time, this was a shorter 3 week release cycle, instead of 4 which we had been doing. I have been working a lot on the updated stadiums and park factors for HBD shooting for April, but its a LOT of data gathering, and they also used a data source that is no longer available so I am having to calculate these all over again.

Something we didn't list that was relevant to all games was we had to update the promotions on the backend so we could offer date restricted promotions, for player win back opportunities. Like the HD one RETURN2HD, that wasn't possible before the patch yesterday. With opening day just around the corner I would expect promotions for HBD and SLB in our next patch. :-)
3/12/2021 6:23 AM
Posted by adlorenz on 3/12/2021 6:23:00 AM (view original):
Hey there.
That's correct, it'll happen from time to time, this was a shorter 3 week release cycle, instead of 4 which we had been doing. I have been working a lot on the updated stadiums and park factors for HBD shooting for April, but its a LOT of data gathering, and they also used a data source that is no longer available so I am having to calculate these all over again.

Something we didn't list that was relevant to all games was we had to update the promotions on the backend so we could offer date restricted promotions, for player win back opportunities. Like the HD one RETURN2HD, that wasn't possible before the patch yesterday. With opening day just around the corner I would expect promotions for HBD and SLB in our next patch. :-)
Thanks, man.
That stinks that sources are not as readily available. I assume this is more for the minor league stadiums. Sorry to hear that.

Anything else on the boards catch your eye that you might be working on for HBD's next update?
3/12/2021 10:34 AM
It would be nice to have a promotion for long time users who have played awhile. Would show gratitude for being loyal.
3/12/2021 2:22 PM
@adlorenz
So the new impact of offering scholarships is live and will affect the upcoming recruiting season in Wilkinson?
3/12/2021 3:29 PM (edited)
Posted by chainsaw4 on 3/12/2021 3:29:00 PM (view original):
@adlorenz
So the new impact of offering scholarships is live and will affect the upcoming recruiting season in Wilkinson?
Not live right now I'll let you know when/if we throw it back in, I posted directly on the GD forums and said it was doing something weird on a handful of teams so we rolled it back.

-Adam
3/12/2021 6:35 PM
Posted by tlowster on 3/12/2021 10:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by adlorenz on 3/12/2021 6:23:00 AM (view original):
Hey there.

Thanks, man.
That stinks that sources are not as readily available. I assume this is more for the minor league stadiums. Sorry to hear that.

Anything else on the boards catch your eye that you might be working on for HBD's next update?
Yes, we planned our next release this morning, but I don't want to promise anything. Testing and QA for all of our games is a miserable experience. So I don't want to get your hopes up for April and deliver less than we thought, but we do have a couple of things planned as well as a promo for opening day.
3/12/2021 7:12 PM
"it's a miserable experience"

heh

don quit! stick with us! i'll give you a free team
3/12/2021 9:35 PM
Hoops Dynasty:
  • New User Promo for March Madness, MADNESS21 for 5 seasons of HD for $12.95. This is only eligible for first time HD purchases
  • Returning User Promo for March Madness, code RETURN2HD for 5 season of HD for $12.95, only eligible for users that have not made an HD purchase since 3/11/2019
How about something for the coaches who have stuck with WIS and played continuously for many seasons? I understand trying to get more coaches (or at least new aliases) but how about a reward for loyalty?
3/13/2021 8:30 AM
Hello. I am trying to sign up for hoops dynasty and am getting this message: Promotion code 'MADNESS21' is invalid: No eligible product found

The same applies to RETURN2HD. I would love to take advantage of this promo but currently WIS is not allowing it. It will let me sign up for one season for $4.95 under the code HDNEWUSER, but I'd prefer 5 seasons for $12.95. Please advise on how best to proceed. Thanks much.
3/13/2021 11:44 AM
Posted by nunchuckjim on 3/13/2021 11:44:00 AM (view original):
Hello. I am trying to sign up for hoops dynasty and am getting this message: Promotion code 'MADNESS21' is invalid: No eligible product found

The same applies to RETURN2HD. I would love to take advantage of this promo but currently WIS is not allowing it. It will let me sign up for one season for $4.95 under the code HDNEWUSER, but I'd prefer 5 seasons for $12.95. Please advise on how best to proceed. Thanks much.
Make sure you are selecting the 5 pack to check out with. I looked at the carts you were trying to use and you were trying to use the promo on the single season packs.

Also you can always reach us at customer support by emailing [email protected]

-Adam
3/13/2021 12:00 PM
Yep, my mistake, thanks for pointing that out. Should have been obvious, sorry to trouble you.
3/13/2021 2:17 PM
Posted by nittany88 on 3/13/2021 8:30:00 AM (view original):
Hoops Dynasty:
  • New User Promo for March Madness, MADNESS21 for 5 seasons of HD for $12.95. This is only eligible for first time HD purchases
  • Returning User Promo for March Madness, code RETURN2HD for 5 season of HD for $12.95, only eligible for users that have not made an HD purchase since 3/11/2019
How about something for the coaches who have stuck with WIS and played continuously for many seasons? I understand trying to get more coaches (or at least new aliases) but how about a reward for loyalty?
Reward for loyalty. Loyalty as defined as "played continuously" ... i.e., purchased teams. So you want a reward, presumably in the form of free teams based on the number of teams you purchase ... kind of like a rewards program. Of course, I'd contend WIS is already "rewarding (free teams)" your "loyalty (purchasing teams)" with their pricing of a free sixth team when you buy five. That's rewarding loyalty at least in the sense of money spent ... which may be the ultimate test of loyalty in business.
Plus ... and more importantly .... if you've been a longstanding customer ... you have an inherent reward that leads to more free teams: institutional knowledge about the game itself essential to success that the many newbies are sorely lacking (speaking from first-hand knowledge).
Regardless ... not many subscription based services reward existing customers as aggressively as new ones ... whether its cable, satellite, magazine, newspaper, internet, phone, streaming service .... or any other subscription based model I've missed.
I prefer a pricing model that's just as cheap as you can make it ... no built-in costs for a "loyalty" program. Six for five pricing is fine .... maybe add a referral bonus too ... whatever.
3/13/2021 5:30 PM
Posted by nunchuckjim on 3/13/2021 2:17:00 PM (view original):
Yep, my mistake, thanks for pointing that out. Should have been obvious, sorry to trouble you.
Never a problem, I appreciate you asking I wish it worked where you could grab 5 - 1 season packs and have it work, but unfortunately that wasn't how the store front was coded. Thanks and enjoy!
3/13/2021 6:38 PM
Posted by nittany88 on 3/13/2021 8:30:00 AM (view original):
Hoops Dynasty:
By my calculations you've played the last 5 seasons with a $26 discount based on your success making the National Tournament.
3/14/2021 9:25 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Patch Notes - March 11th, 2021 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.