Patch Day - Update to AAA Topic

So, this process has proved to be much harder than we even thought, so for clear communication.
  • Fixed an issue that was still creating AAA in Open Leagues MLB130937 will be the last Open League to have AAA for a little bit.
What this means is if you join an open league with a league number smaller than 130937 is WILL have AAA players all open leagues with a league number higher than 130937 will not have AAA players at least for an evaluation period.

We will be adding a banner with this information to the league office in the next day or two so it visible to all.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding during this process.

-Adam
3/11/2021 10:11 AM
Love the transparency!
3/11/2021 11:29 AM
One concern: MLB130937 is pretty far away from the OL that's currently filling (like, over 900 OLs away). Seems like it might take a while to get the non-AAA leagues off the ground?
3/11/2021 11:31 AM
You can just select MLB130938 and enter your team in there if you want to get right to this non-AAA OL. bru081668 and I both have a team there already
3/11/2021 11:37 AM
Right, but the patch is meant to help new players. New players don't / won't know to do that.
3/11/2021 12:05 PM
Posted by ozomatli on 3/11/2021 12:05:00 PM (view original):
Right, but the patch is meant to help new players. New players don't / won't know to do that.
True, but a number of OLs are active with league numbers above MLB1308xx, as well as a bunch of themes and champs leagues in between... I don't think it will ultimately be too terribly long to get to that league through standard attrition, but it will probably be a few weeks still.

Do love the transparency though
3/11/2021 12:15 PM
Posted by ozomatli on 3/11/2021 12:05:00 PM (view original):
I agree with you, we tried about 10 different things since the last patch and its hard coded in a way that just keep failing in QA. I personally dislike the lead time as well, but its our best option right now until we get this dinosaur of a code base modularized.

-Adam
3/11/2021 12:33 PM
Posted by ozomatli on 3/11/2021 11:31:00 AM (view original):
One concern: MLB130937 is pretty far away from the OL that's currently filling (like, over 900 OLs away). Seems like it might take a while to get the non-AAA leagues off the ground?
Actually, I think that this the next OL. I entered a team into the current OL that is filling and then moments later added another one and it sent me to the first one without AAA.
3/11/2021 1:03 PM
It's possible it is earlier than anticipated, because those are the numbers for ALL leagues not just open leagues so themes, progressives, privates all will be between the current open league and the ones w/o AAA.
3/11/2021 1:29 PM
Posted by adlorenz on 3/11/2021 10:11:00 AM (view original):
So, this process has proved to be much harder than we even thought, so for clear communication.
  • Fixed an issue that was still creating AAA in Open Leagues MLB130937 will be the last Open League to have AAA for a little bit.
What this means is if you join an open league with a league number smaller than 130937 is WILL have AAA players all open leagues with a league number higher than 130937 will not have AAA players at least for an evaluation period.

We will be adding a banner with this information to the league office in the next day or two so it visible to all.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding during this process.

-Adam
Thanks for the transparency. Excited to see how this plays out
3/11/2021 1:32 PM
Don’t forget to change the note in the GM’s Office.

it still says:

“...fine-tune your lineup by claiming players off the waiver wire, calling up AAA prospects (full-season ONLY)...”
3/13/2021 1:07 AM
Curious, why are we eliminating AAA? I’m open to it. But what is the logic behind eliminating it?
3/13/2021 6:23 PM
Posted by meangreenzen on 3/13/2021 6:23:00 PM (view original):
Curious, why are we eliminating AAA? I’m open to it. But what is the logic behind eliminating it?
AAA have presented a number of problems for a while. First, new people on the site usually don't realize either that they have AAA and can use them, or that the AAA have been real historical players and not scrubs or fictional.

This has led to a number of advantages for veteran people here, taking advantage of newbies, trading AAA pitchers, who were always sub-par for AAA position players who were often very good, for example.

It also meant that the whole drafting process is distorted. Instead of really drafting a team of 25 players, you had to draft 8 position players and between 8 and 10 pitchers and maybe a pinch-hitter, or defensive sub, and filling the rest with $200,000 non-entities that you then had to get rid of on the WW to find a decent player with since the AAA were your real bench. If you didn't do this, you were at a competitive advantage, which also eliminated all kinds of strategic options - platooning, having a strong bench or bullpen. It made the whole process of team-building kind of artificial.

Then there was the fact that many never realized that the AAA were real players since they were not given their real names, nor how to identify who they were, which was a laborious process.

Really, the whole game is much better off without them. And it is a bit fairer playing field. Plus it will present new challenges to those who have been successful here for years, but have not had to go outside their comfort zone to win.
3/14/2021 11:07 AM
Posted by adlorenz on 3/11/2021 1:29:00 PM (view original):
It's possible it is earlier than anticipated, because those are the numbers for ALL leagues not just open leagues so themes, progressives, privates all will be between the current open league and the ones w/o AAA.
Are you aware that the new open leagues without AAA still give the owner the $1.6 M to spend?

Not sure if that was an oversight or what....

But I spent mine on some help in the bullpen!!
3/14/2021 3:30 PM
If you start drafting an open league, how do you know if it is MLB130938 or higher before you finish and join the league?
3/15/2021 12:48 AM
1234 Next ▸
Patch Day - Update to AAA Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.