Patch Day - Update to AAA Topic

Posted by willthrash on 3/15/2021 12:48:00 AM (view original):
If you start drafting an open league, how do you know if it is MLB130938 or higher before you finish and join the league?
You can drop out after you join a league. Even if you’re the last team to sign up you still have several hours to drop out. (Not sure exactly sure how long)

3/15/2021 10:47 AM
Posted by HipDozer on 3/14/2021 3:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by adlorenz on 3/11/2021 1:29:00 PM (view original):
It's possible it is earlier than anticipated, because those are the numbers for ALL leagues not just open leagues so themes, progressives, privates all will be between the current open league and the ones w/o AAA.
Are you aware that the new open leagues without AAA still give the owner the $1.6 M to spend?

Not sure if that was an oversight or what....

But I spent mine on some help in the bullpen!!
Not intentional, but we are going to keep it for now and see how it plays out.

-Adam

3/16/2021 4:48 PM
It puts a team into a higher TOC than $80M with that extra salary, yes?
3/16/2021 9:15 PM
I think the TOC cut-off is $75M, DK. (Then, what, $90M for the next level?)
3/18/2021 4:18 PM
I submitted a support ticket recently. No response and I can’t tell if it was received or not and I wish the process was simplified.
3/23/2021 11:04 PM
Geez are you going to offer different salary caps then? No AAA is going to make it very difficult.
3/24/2021 12:54 PM
Posted by adlorenz on 3/11/2021 12:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ozomatli on 3/11/2021 12:05:00 PM (view original):
Right, but the patch is meant to help new players. New players don't / won't know to do that.
I agree with you, we tried about 10 different things since the last patch and its hard coded in a way that just keep failing in QA. I personally dislike the lead time as well, but its our best option right now until we get this dinosaur of a code base modularized.

-Adam
So the reason I keep playing is I love the game "archaic" or not. Why change the way fundamental way this is set up?
3/24/2021 2:40 PM
I have a question, @adlorenz, if you please.

With all the warranted concern not to frustrate new customers, why does WIS continue to make the matter of in-game pitching fatigue such a secretive will-o-the-wisp that bites them in the rear (and so difficult for us all to assess)?
(And why take a fun feature away from them, instead? - but that's a rhetorical question by now.)
3/26/2021 4:28 PM
An owner who hasn't played in 3+ years and is in one of the no AAA leagues just posted the following, and I thought this was interesting feedback from someone who wasn't privy to the change before hand and is experiencing it live:
MLB130949 Owners Forum
Date Owner Message
4/2 9:53 AM [redacted] Thanks very helpful. I definitely like this change. I had one super sub with 250 PAs and dropped him for two guys with 325 between them, and used the spare change to get a 50 IP guy. Felt like more realistic roster mgmt.
4/2/2021 12:18 PM
So I assume that we are now at the point where all the Open leagues will not have AAA. Is this correct?
4/2/2021 11:17 PM
There's a few of the old with AAA leagues still filling... we haven't quite moved past all of the old style ones yet
4/3/2021 3:55 PM
Here is a complaint by someone in one of the new kind of OL's. I suspect his complaint is shared by the perhaps the greatest number of new, tire-kicking customers. Further, I suspect he's another victim of the hard, mathematically absolutist line taken by WIS on the home run eliminating effects of deadball era pitchers.
"ONLY 52 runs for the 2nd most EXPENSIVE lineup in the whole league? NUTS!"

If you just adjusted the curve a bit, to soften the homer deadening effect of especially the more extreme HR/IP pitchers of that era, and/or do what WIS did before and then apparently rolled back out(?) -- I.e., turning most home runs into a sensible scheme of triples, doubles, and singles, depending on the ballpark -- I think you would get more repeat business and make SLB more realistic as a sim. If the present code precludes, then God bless ya anyway.
4/4/2021 2:11 AM (edited)
I want to join an OL league with no additional 1.6 salary and no ML. How do I do that? Every time I join a OL, it has 1.6 extra and says ML will be used.
4/4/2021 3:39 AM
Posted by ArlenWilliam on 4/4/2021 2:11:00 AM (view original):
Here is a complaint by someone in one of the new kind of OL's. I suspect his complaint is shared by the perhaps the greatest number of new, tire-kicking customers. Further, I suspect he's another victim of the hard, mathematically absolutist line taken by WIS on the home run eliminating effects of deadball era pitchers.
"ONLY 52 runs for the 2nd most EXPENSIVE lineup in the whole league? NUTS!"

If you just adjusted the curve a bit, to soften the homer deadening effect of especially the more extreme HR/IP pitchers of that era, and/or do what WIS did before and then apparently rolled back out(?) -- I.e., turning most home runs into a sensible scheme of triples, doubles, and singles, depending on the ballpark -- I think you would get more repeat business and make SLB more realistic as a sim. If the present code precludes, then God bless ya anyway.
Deadballers don’t really have any effect on overall run output. This was seen from the TWISL run by J4M. His findings can be seen here which shows between deadball and modern pitchers, they’re virtually a wash.

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=526448&page=1#postBox
4/4/2021 12:25 PM
It’s hard to extrapolate any real feedback from that complaint because “52 runs” doesn’t give us context. How many games played? How many runs has the rest of the league scored? How good was the pitching he faced? What ballparks did he play in? All of these are factors that will play a bigger role than salary of his hitters.
4/4/2021 12:29 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Patch Day - Update to AAA Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.