Any tips for a potential newbie Topic

Hi. I've been playing baseball here for years, but I'm looking to maybe switch to over here for a fun challenge. Would any long-timers be willing to give me suggestions for building a team?

How much to spend on bench players, how to use rookies, what individual stats are important when building a team, minutes needed to combat player fatigue, any other thoughts?

I appreciate any thoughts you'd be willing to share. Thanks.
3/13/2021 4:53 PM
This is the simple answer. Other people here can give you better information. Luckily, they got rid of rookies in open league so don't worry about them. Draft at least 19,300 minutes, but if you draft too many minutes it's money wasted. Defense, rebounding and eFG% are all important. You should have at least 100% combined usage on the court at all times. Learn about usage tiers. Assists are good, turnovers are bad. (Like I said, this is the simple version.) Players will usually not get to the free throw line as much as they did in real life. Try to have a good balance between inside shooting and perimeter shooting. Join an open league and give it a shot. Look and see how the best teams were built. Don't copy anyone straight up, but you can get an idea of what works and what doesn't.

Most of all just have fun with it. It's a game. Good luck!
3/13/2021 11:30 PM
AST% is also very powerful.

3/15/2021 2:24 PM
Welcome

There are a number of threads like these in this forum that should probably be pinned (most of them kindly put there by Ash who for some reason seems to enjoy giving away trade secrets):

Usage - How do I use this stat to build teams? - SimLeague Basketball | WhatIfSports.com
Building better teams: Habits & Thought Processes - SimLeague Basketball | WhatIfSports.com

3/15/2021 4:02 PM
Many thanks to you all for your responses. I really appreciate you taking the time. One of the cool things about this place is the community.
3/15/2021 4:42 PM
Any tips for a potential newbie Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.