Use players from your fave College- We did it! Topic

I’ll take UCLA.
3/20/2021 11:53 PM
yep, changing my teams to Columbia, NYU, and Manhattan.
3/21/2021 2:16 AM
This looks like fun. If there is still room, I would like in with Florida State.
3/22/2021 5:14 PM
Guys, I'm ok if you use any second or third, nearby school to fill any holes your #1 team has. The only thing I really don't want to see is taking the best players from two schools that have a lot of players
3/22/2021 5:37 PM
Also thinking of cutting this off at 16. Thoughts?
3/22/2021 5:38 PM
Ok. I will need to use FAMU (also in Tallahassee) to field a third baseman. lol. Shocked at the gaps in MLB productivity from FSU now that I am looking at it.
3/22/2021 6:12 PM
I am going to get crushed, but I want to represent my school, so here's my team:

Cornell University (15), Ithaca College (5), and Bucknell University (24)

We would do better in hockey, but it is what it is. With Christy Mathewson and Billy Rhines from Bucknell, we can pitch anyway.

One question: why no AAA?? There are loads of players listed from all schools who didn't get to the majors, and it would be nice to include them. Cornell's best player ever was probably Frank Olin, who played in 1884-85 while he was still in college. He hit .312 in 1884, but didn't qualify in '85, so he turned in his glove and made his fortune as an engineer, ultimately donating enough money to build the engineering building on campus, Olin Hall.

I'd love to use him as an AAA player, plus I need some PA at 2B. My offense sucks!
3/22/2021 11:02 PM
Posted by tdoak on 3/22/2021 11:02:00 PM (view original):
I am going to get crushed, but I want to represent my school, so here's my team:

Cornell University (15), Ithaca College (5), and Bucknell University (24)

We would do better in hockey, but it is what it is. With Christy Mathewson and Billy Rhines from Bucknell, we can pitch anyway.

One question: why no AAA?? There are loads of players listed from all schools who didn't get to the majors, and it would be nice to include them. Cornell's best player ever was probably Frank Olin, who played in 1884-85 while he was still in college. He hit .312 in 1884, but didn't qualify in '85, so he turned in his glove and made his fortune as an engineer, ultimately donating enough money to build the engineering building on campus, Olin Hall.

I'd love to use him as an AAA player, plus I need some PA at 2B. My offense sucks!
why no AAA? Being only a year here, I am not understanding fully what you are saying. I thought AAA players were real players already in the DB.

Your three schools total 44 players. If you can swing a team with that great, but I have no problem if you add another school. Seems like 75 players are needed to choose from at least.
3/22/2021 11:38 PM
oldtimer, please change my selection to Clemson (61), College of Charleston (10) & Charleston Southern U (4).
3/23/2021 12:57 AM
Just want to be clear so as to not violate any assumed rules here.

My selected school - Florida State - has 77 MLB players in its history. If the rule is to make a team with just this group of players, I will make it happen even if the school has never produced anyone with more than 100 at bats at 3rd base. And let me be clear, I think that might be a good rule. However I would use one or two close proximity schools to fill gaps if this is not the rule.

If we were to stay with the 1 school rule for schools with more than 75 MLB players, can we use different seasons of the same player?

I do appreciate it. Just want to be sure I am selecting a roster that does not violate anything here.
3/23/2021 11:31 AM
Posted by wstevens07 on 3/23/2021 11:31:00 AM (view original):
Just want to be clear so as to not violate any assumed rules here.

My selected school - Florida State - has 77 MLB players in its history. If the rule is to make a team with just this group of players, I will make it happen even if the school has never produced anyone with more than 100 at bats at 3rd base. And let me be clear, I think that might be a good rule. However I would use one or two close proximity schools to fill gaps if this is not the rule.

If we were to stay with the 1 school rule for schools with more than 75 MLB players, can we use different seasons of the same player?

I do appreciate it. Just want to be sure I am selecting a roster that does not violate anything here.
100 AB's is not enough. Have no problems filling this with a close school.

No clones please.

The 90m cap evens things out for all IMO.

My goal here is to have most of your players from your #1 school. One guy has 3 schools with not very many players from each. That's ok too.
3/23/2021 3:44 PM
I would like to try the combination of 3 Florida small schools: Miami-Dade Kendall (31), Miami-Dade North (27) and Rollins(12) for a total of 70 players.

My preference is to cut it off at 16 teams.
3/23/2021 11:35 PM
I'm having trouble finding an adequate 3B. Georgia Tech doubled up at SS with Nomar and Marty Marion!
3/24/2021 11:08 AM
Posted by Got_Worms on 3/24/2021 11:08:00 AM (view original):
I'm having trouble finding an adequate 3B. Georgia Tech doubled up at SS with Nomar and Marty Marion!
grab a 3B from another local school.
3/24/2021 11:24 AM
How about I enter a Notre Dame team?
3/24/2021 10:49 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Use players from your fave College- We did it! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.