Recruiting in D1 Topic

When recruiting in D1, do you go all in with your Home Visits the 1st cycle or do you space them out a few at a time?
3/16/2021 11:59 AM
I don’t play D1 yet... but whether you go all in or space them out would depend on a few variables.

1. how high of a priority is this recruit?
2. Are other coaches giving him AP?
3. If so, are those coaches a higher prestige than you?
4. Do you match up well with the recruit’s preferences?

At D2 this season I lost a roll where the odds were 61% for me and 39% for the coach who won. Keep in mind that all your effort contributes to your odds of that recruit signing with you, and it’s also important to be focusing on backup options if/when you lose a roll.

At D1, to be a successful recruiter, you’ll have to risk a few battles here and there.
3/16/2021 8:57 PM (edited)
Thanks for the feedback!
3/17/2021 10:21 AM
Only reason to go all-in would be to knock a competitor down in the hopes of getting them to give up (especially Simmys). Otherwise, it makes more sense to always conserve resources for the most flexibility.
3/19/2021 5:46 PM
Recruiting in D1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.