Inter world Tournament - Year 1 Topic

In honor of gomiami - i have copied and used his rules for right now. I updated the seed info based on our teams of 20. we will try to expand in the future.

Welcome to FC Dynasty Cup V. If you have not participated in a Cup, this post will explain the entire layout of the tournament. The following tournament format and rules will apply. If there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

TOURNAMENT FORMAT
The tournament will be split into stages, a group play followed by knockout rounds leading to a Championship Round. Teams will be eliminated at the end of each stage until a Champion is crowned. This Champion will lay claim to glory and shall have bragging rights over the entirety of the FC Dynasty universe for a very short period of time.

Group Stage
Each team is assigned to a group. Group play will consist of a round robin, with each team playing a home and away against the other teams within their group for a total of six Group Stage games. Points will be awarded on the following: 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw and 0 points for a loss.

The top two teams in points out of each group will advance to the Knockout Stage along with the two best 3rd place finishers. Tiebreakers will be decided in the following order: stage points - goal differential - away goals - goals scored. If the teams are still tied, a coin flip using random.org's random number service will determine who advances.

Knockout Stage
Each round will be a home and away series with the winner based on aggregate goals. If aggregate goals are tied, away goals will be used as a tiebreaker. If a tie still exists, the higher seed will host the lower seed in an additional game. If that game ends in a tie, the lower seed will host a game and so on for as long as the time frame allows (please see the time frame explanation in the Tournament Rules below.) If the time frame expires and a tie still exists, a coin flip using random.org's random number service will determine who advances.

Seeding for the knockout rounds will be based on stage points - goal differential - away goals - goals scored. The top four rated teams will be awarded a first round bye. The remaining 8 teams will play h/a to play in the quarterfinals.

The 1st Round will consist of the following:

#1 seed bye
#2 seed bye
#3 seed bye
#4 seed bye
#5 seed vs #12 seed
#6 seed vs #11 seed
#7 seed vs #10 seed
#8 seed vs #9 seed

The quarterfinals will consist of the following:

#1 vs #8/9
#2 vs #7/10
#3 vs #6/11
#4 vs #5/12

The semifinals will consist of the following:

#1 seed quarterfinals bracket vs #4 seed quarterfinals bracket
#2 seed quarterfinals bracket vs #3 seed quarterfinals bracket

Championship Round

The Championship Round will match the two remaining teams in a home and away series with the winner being based on aggregate goals. Away goals are not used as a tiebreaker in the Championship Round. If an aggregate goal tie occurs, the host of the additional game will be decided by a coin flip using random.org's random number service. The Championship Round is the only round not subject to a time frame. Tiebreakers will be played until a Champion is declared.

TOURNAMENT RULES
Each stage of the tournament will have a specific time frame in which all games must be scheduled. Everybody will be sending challenges simultaneously, especially at the start of the tournament, so overlap is inevitable. To account for the fact that it may take several attempts to get all games on the docket, the time frame is generous. However, failure to schedule games within the allotted time will result in a forfeiture. On the evening of the last day for each stage, all games that have not been scheduled will be deemed a 0-0 draw so that the stage can be completed. The team failing to issue (or accept) a challenge will be awarded no points for the drawn game and any team with more than one forfeiture during the Group Stage cannot advance. Any team with any forfeiture during a Knockout Rounds match-up cannot advance. The team deemed at fault is at my discretion but it is usually obvious which team has gone AWOL.

As a general rule, the following guideline should be used. If you receive a challenge in the same slot you have sent a challenge, please accept the incoming challenge and re-issue your own. If you receive multiple challenges in the same slot, choose one ASAP to give the team you declined as much time as possible to issue a new request. Remember, the team issuing the challenge is the home team. If more games are scheduled than needed (you send two challenges to the same team and both are accepted,) only the first game will count unless I am told otherwise and prior to the first game being played.

Unscheduled Games We will start tracking unscheduled games during each stage. In the last 72 hours of each time frame, any team that has not received a challenge by an opponent (or has sent a challenge that has not been accepted,) should post a request to the other coach here or, if the coach does not have posting rights, via sitemail to duuude2, who will post the request on your behalf. I would prefer, if you do not have posting rights, to send requests through me rather than sitemail each other. Many FC Dynasty owners do not check sitemail regularly. This thread is the best place to communicate with fellow participants.

Time Frame to Schedule Group Stage Games April 4th through April 13th (Challenges must be sent and accepted by 7pm on the 13th. This does not mean the games must be played by the 13th.)
Time Frame to Schedule 1st Round GamesApril 17th through April 24th (Challenges must be sent and accepted by 7pm on the 24th. This does not mean the games must be played by the 24th.)
Time Frame to Schedule Quarterfinal GamesApril 29th through March 5th (Challenges must be sent and accepted by 7pm on the 5thrd. This does not mean the games must be played by the 5th.)
Time Frame to Schedule Semifinal Games - March 10th through March 15th (Challenges must be sent and accepted by 7pm on the 15th. This does not mean the games must be played by the 15th.)

Best of luck to all participants in their quest for the ultimate prize - The FC Dynasty Cup!
4/2/2021 7:38 PM (edited)
Save for stats
3/26/2021 3:49 PM
save for stats - teams
save for stats - players
save for stats
tournament #1
Sign-ups

Swamp City Dragons - World (64) - sd69
Burnaby Hillbillies - World (91) - sd39
Rushmore - World (59) – bert_fisher
Merchiston - World (90) - colinhtucker
Shield of the Cow - World (70) - jeffdrayer
Bodysnatchers - World (70) – oabs2
Bordeaux - World (92) – ttnorm
ACA – World (73) - scottml
Fighting Ants – World (73) – duuude2
Den Helder Dynamos - World (70) - summerland
Walkersville Lions FC - World (85) - Shadowcats
Peace River Shadowcats FC - World (61) - Shadoworkcat
Futbol Club Oviedo - World (92) - Peregrino
North Polar Dragons - World (79) - shoe3
Hespeler Impact – World (72) - charlamaine
The crutchanators – World (79) - Brandon5135
Wolves – World (91) - Jhill
4/2/2021 6:04 PM (edited)
FC Tournament V - Group stage

Group 1
Swamp City Dragons - World (64) - sd69
Bodysnatchers - World (70) – oabs2
Peace River Shadowcats FC - World (61) – Shadoworkcat
The crutchanators – World (79) - Brandon5135
Team GP W L T GF GA +/- Points
dragons 6 5 1 0 21 16 5 15
snatchers 4 0 3 1 6 11 -5 1
shadow 6 1 3 2 14 19 -5 5
crutch 4 2 1 1 14 9 5 7
dragons - advances
Group 2
Burnaby Hillbillies - World (91) - sd39
Bordeaux - World (92) – ttnorm
North Polar Dragons - World (79) - shoe3
LInganore Lancers FC - World (86) - doubled42
team gp w l t gf ga +/- points
bovines 6 2 3 1 13 16 -3 7
dragons 6 4 1 1 21 11 10 13
hillbillies 6 2 2 2 12 13 -1 8
lancers 6 2 4 0 9 15 -6 6
dragons - advances
hillbillies - advances

Group 3
Rushmore - World (59) – bert_fisher
ACA – World (73) – scottml
Wolves – World (91) – Jhill
Golf_yeah – World (85) – sportsfix22
aca 6 4 2 0 14 11 3 12
golf 6 3 2 1 12 9 3 10
rush 6 3 1 2 14 9 5 11
wolves 6 0 5 1 7 18 -11 1
aca - advances
rushmore - advances
golf - advances* at -large

Group 4
Merchiston - World (90) – colinhtucker
Fighting Ants – World (73) – duuude2
Den Helder Dynamos - World (70) – summerland
Saab FC – World (78) – brockheland
ants 6 3 2 1 17 15 2 10
dynamos 6 4 2 0 20 13 7 12
merchiston 6 0 5 1 8 18 -10 1
saab 6 4 2 0 16 15 1 12
dynamos - advances
Saab - advances

Group 5
Shield of the Cow - World (70) – jeffdrayer
Walkersville Lions FC - World (85) – Shadowcats
Hespeler Impact – World (72) – charlamaine
Futbol Club Oviedo - World (92) – Peregrino
cow 6 5 1 0 23 8 15 15
impact 6 3 3 0 16 19 -3 9
lions 6 0 6 0 8 23 -15 0
ovejas 6 4 2 0 18 15 3 12
cow - advances
ovejas - advances

4/19/2021 5:42 PM (edited)

Team stats

Group Stage
Top gf Team
Cow - 23 goals

Lowest gf Team
Wolves 7
Snatchers 7 (still one game to play)

lowest ga team
Cow - 8

highest ga team
lions - 23

Team with most individual scorers
Cow - 10
Shadow - 10

Team with least individual scorers
Bovines - 4

total scoring by group
Group1 - 56 - one game to play
Group2 - 55
Group3 - 47
Group4 - 61
Group5 - 65
4/21/2021 9:05 AM (edited)
I'm up for this. Max number of teams? IN for sure with FC Lions Hungary (World 85) and Shadowcats Italy (World 61) Let me know if more allowed.
3/28/2021 12:09 PM
Please enter Den Helder Dynamos from Netherlands in world 70 owned by summerland.
3/28/2021 3:07 PM
I think 16 or 20 will be good this season to start it off. but we can do more in the future. want to try to get the most available coaches playing versus on person with multiple teams but right now thats fine.
3/29/2021 8:43 AM
we have 13 teams so far. Anyone else want to join?
3/31/2021 8:04 AM
I’ll jump in, I’ll see if anyone else from my league will join. Thanks for picking this back up!
4/1/2021 11:34 AM
what is your team and world please
4/1/2021 3:35 PM
I have a couple of last minute additions that i am waiting on information. I will send out the group info later today/evening. If you can't post here, send me a message directly.
4/2/2021 11:58 AM
1234 Next ▸
Inter world Tournament - Year 1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.