Opening Day Promo - 2021 Topic

This is utter insanity to me... 101 Seasons in the game, and you're bitter about them trying to promote the game and bring people in?

I've been apart of this site for almost 18 years... I have about 100 seasons in all the Simleague games, and several in some of the Dynasty stuff.. I'm literally only playing SLB and HBD again right now (In the midst of drafting a team), because of these promotions... Even if I come back and play for 5 seasons, and never again, they made $15 off me where I was paying ZERO before. Best case scenario for them, is that I get hooked again.

It's absolutely ridiculous to me, that people are whining about this... You're that fragile and afraid someone is going to come and take your chances of winning!?
4/2/2021 7:56 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Also, for comparison purposes, the HD community is in the midst of a similar/same promo. I believe the coach had to be new, or at least inactive for multiple real life years. None of us vets got any promo or deal or discount. But instead of complaining, we are rallying around the situation. Communicating with each other. Setting up avenues for new users to get help so we can help keep the new promo coaches. Updating mentor lists. Setting up group chats for the new guys

All the other communities have the same opportunity. You all should take it and run with it.
4/2/2021 8:19 PM (edited)
this promotion is not new to advertisers. phone , cable and satellite companies offering the same type of promo all the time while long time customers pay more than the newcomers
4/2/2021 8:47 PM
Posted by topdogggbm on 4/2/2021 8:19:00 PM (view original):
Also, for comparison purposes, the HD community is in the midst of a similar/same promo. I believe the coach had to be new, or at least inactive for multiple real life years. None of us vets got any promo or deal or discount. But instead of complaining, we are rallying around the situation. Communicating with each other. Setting up avenues for new users to get help so we can help keep the new promo coaches. Updating mentor lists. Setting up group chats for the new guys

All the other communities have the same opportunity. You all should take it and run with it.
Exactly. I’m good with the promo code and think this is an awesome idea to get new users in. What do we get? The potential for worlds to fill up faster and a programming team that is listening to our suggestions for the game that hasn’t been updated in years. I gladly welcome that over $40 in promo codes.
4/3/2021 9:28 AM
I suspect we'll have to be on the lookout for aliases.
4/3/2021 4:34 PM
The amount of complaining here is ridiculously sad. If you quit, you weren't really committed to begin with.
4/3/2021 5:48 PM
Posted by drummer_66 on 4/3/2021 5:48:00 PM (view original):
The amount of complaining here is ridiculously sad. If you quit, you weren't really committed to begin with.
Wouldn't that apply to the people that haven't bought a team in 2 years as well? Asking for a friend...
4/4/2021 1:49 PM
Posted by slashtc on 4/4/2021 1:49:00 PM (view original):
Wouldn't that apply to the people that haven't bought a team in 2 years as well? Asking for a friend...
Obviously I was talking about quitting over this promo. Make sure to tell your friend.
4/4/2021 2:18 PM
The promos are also a good time to try a new game either in addition to or instead of.

Sim league baseball would be a few too many teams for me, but I’m really digging Hoops Dynasty.
4/4/2021 2:24 PM
Posted by slashtc on 4/3/2021 4:34:00 PM (view original):
I suspect we'll have to be on the lookout for aliases.
I know of one person in one of my worlds who has maintained the same team but created a new alias for at least 5 seasons now to take advantage of the last promo. I guess that works if you aren’t interested in tracking your history under one user.

i’m not “bitter” but I do think they could throw us a bone once in a while.
4/4/2021 2:28 PM (edited)
100% agree. The minute a person signs on to play any of these games, you KNOW money will need to be applied. Sure not everyone is rich. And not everyone is good enough to earn credits.

Not NO ONE should complain about $40ish dollars saved, in a career style game. Meaning we don't play this for a month or two and "beat it". It's something we play month after month and year after year. Money will be invested. If you don't grasp that coming in, as the quoted coach said, you weren't dedicated in the first place and would likely leave anyways.

This is such a non factor. And its sad that the concept behind this promotion has the potential to have such a positive impact. But a few bad apples have now made ugly reading material for those coming in.

To the new players coming in, enjoy the games, reach out for assistance (there's always coaches willing to help), and don't let the complainers distract you
4/4/2021 8:39 PM
+++
4/4/2021 10:36 PM
The leader in the clubhouse for games with the whiniest users ... (drum roll) ... SLB and HBD. Tsk tsk.

It's interesting that a similar promotion in the HD game was met with such grace by comparison.
4/5/2021 4:07 PM
I tried to invite a few friends, but none of them wanted to play against only Ketel Marte, so they declined.
4/6/2021 1:47 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Opening Day Promo - 2021 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.