Anyone else noticing this? Topic

In both 7Yankees7 and Hamilton, we've been experiencing a huge and dramatic number of coaches and FAs signing extremely early, on their first offers, and not leaving any room for negotiations.

For example, in 7Yankees7, I think I had 6 or 7 coach openings, and all but one was filled in the very first coach hiring cycle. Even top tier free agents are signing quickly and easily.

Are these the only two worlds this is happening in?
4/15/2021 4:44 PM
Perfect example: I offered this guy...

https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=8657476

...a contract, anticipating a bidding war, or at least a few cycles' waiting time as usual. But no...by the end of the cycle in which I offered the contract, he signed.
4/15/2021 4:51 PM
If this is a change they have made, it is a VERY BAD change. For example, the first coach hiring cycle starts in the PM1 cycle. Monday-Friday I am at work at that time and do not check in on coach hiring until that evening which is 2-3 cycles later. If coaches are signing on the first offer in the first cycle all the good coaches could be gone before I even have a chance to check in. The reason for waiting a few cycles for coaches or free agents to sign is so that everyone has a fair and equal chance to place an offer for one. This change would remove that fair opportunity. NOT GOOD!
4/15/2021 7:23 PM
I’m not in preseason cycle so haven’t noticed that, but did just notice we can assign every color of the rainbow to a player. Must have had an update
4/15/2021 7:32 PM
I have 2 worlds waiting to fill and 2 more rolling over in the next couple of weeks. If they have made this change I would like to know now so that I can bail out. I am often not able to check in the very first cycle free agents and coaches (maybe IFAs are a part of this as well) are available. If the best ones sign that first cycle, I will no linger have access to the good players I need to build a winning team. If that is the case, there is no reason to continue playing this game.
4/15/2021 8:23 PM
just one data point...I saw this in a league chat and was anticipating it, but none of it happened. Thru 3 cycles no coaches have signed (even a couple at very high offers) nor have any of 30+ minor league free agents I offered.
4/17/2021 11:09 PM
That's interesting, because in Summer of Seaver, we had 45 ML free agents sign in the first three cycles of accepting offers, some of which were top tier free agents, without holding out for better offers as they usually do.
4/18/2021 9:53 PM
And a lot of them were the type of guys who, under normal circumstances, would be the guys who wait and you can still get in the bidding for if you miss out on your first choice, so it's a fairly substantial turn of events.
4/18/2021 9:55 PM
One of my worlds just entered free agency and none of my offers were accepted in the first cycle. Coach hiring is starting next - will update after that.
4/19/2021 10:39 AM
Posted by ParlanceGuy on 4/18/2021 9:55:00 PM (view original):
And a lot of them were the type of guys who, under normal circumstances, would be the guys who wait and you can still get in the bidding for if you miss out on your first choice, so it's a fairly substantial turn of events.
Are they still waiting at least 24 hours (ie 6 cycles)?
If so then IMO it's not a bad thing at all.
If someone can't make an offer within the 1st 24 hours, that's on them.
4/19/2021 1:34 PM
Coaches also did not accept after the first cycle. So far, seems normal.
4/19/2021 3:26 PM
I've noticed two changes which I think are very bad for the competitiveness of the game and go against reality too, (I'm a baseball purist, so I desire only what agrees with real ML baseball.) At the moment IU can only recall one of the two, but as soon as I remember the 2nd, I'll post again.

1. If you take a guy off the 40 man roster now, you don't have to pass him thru waivers, even if he has no options...you can simply put him in your minors...so now teams can hoard decent players and not allow the weaker teams a chance to improve.

I think the new developers are doing a good job, but I think they are getting a little "loose" with the games. Keep it agreeing with real ML rules...don't screw it up.
4/20/2021 8:11 PM
Here's the other change I've noticed.

You can now release guys who are on the disabled list or injured.

Why did they make the change?
4/20/2021 8:18 PM
I just tried to drop an injured guy and got the same error code I always get:

Clarence Dull is injured or on the DL. An injured player or a player on a disabled list cannot be released until healthy and/or activated from the disabled list.
4/20/2021 9:17 PM
My bigger concern here is if it is true that the coaches and FAs signing logic, algorithm, whatever has changed AT ALL, then it should have been a MAJOR announcement.

They just posted about an update regarding a few minor and mostly insignificant changes (like the colored dots), so if they are also monkeying around with other stuff they need to be 100% transparent about it.
4/21/2021 11:03 AM
12 Next ▸
Anyone else noticing this? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.