Inflation Topic

I have zero experience with the Assembly of God Church, so I have no idea what they believe.
Trying to interpret what others belief is pointless and honestly, not my or your place.
8/10/2021 11:30 AM
The point is was trying to make is that I believe I know pretty damn well what the "average" Protestant Christian believes. Of course, the reality is, in these modern times the Christians are a LOT like everyone else.......... they mainly believe in $$$$!
8/10/2021 12:48 PM
Damn I guess to all3, any church that does not have pacifism as an official doctrine is not a "true" Christian church to all3.

I agree. Just didn't expect to hear him say it.
8/10/2021 12:52 PM
There are admittedly a lot of people saying they are Christians who believe in money first. In my book, those are NOT Christians.
8/10/2021 12:59 PM

8/14/2021 9:10 AM (edited)

8/11/2021 6:46 PM

Forty percent of migrants released in Texas border city test positive for COVID-19, officials say

AUSTIN, Texas — The city of Laredo, Texas, has refused to take in migrants who have been bused in from elsewhere on the border after discovering 40% of them tested positive for the coronavirus, according to two local government officials.

“That was very high,” Laredo Mayor Pete Saenz said in an interview, referring to the infection rate among migrants dropped off by the Border Patrol last week. Laredo health authority, Dr. Victor Trevino, confirmed the numbers.

The 40% infection rate is the highest known positivity rate along the U.S.-Mexico border. Last week, McAllen, Texas, reported a 15% positivity rate among migrants released from custody.

Concerned that migrants arriving in Laredo would further strain hospital resources, Laredo officials contracted private bus companies to transport migrants arriving from the Rio Grande Valley to larger cities across the state. By not admitting migrants on the McAllen buses, the city is not required to test them for the coronavirus and could forward the families elsewhere. Those who test positive cannot travel and must be quarantined for 10 days, a situation Saenz wanted to evade to avoid migrant overflow.

TEXAS BORDER TOWN STRUGGLES UNDER SURGE OF MIGRANT FAMILIES AND COVID-19

Since late spring, Border Patrol officials in the Rio Grande Valley region have transported thousands of migrant families to Laredo because shelters were less inundated than those in McAllen. Migrants were immediately tested at the shelter upon being admitted. In that time, coronavirus positivity rates among migrants arriving in Laredo rose from 4% in April to 40% in August.

Laredo does not have a pediatric intensive care unit. With several families arriving in Laredo recently, city officials worried young children would not get emergency care if they were forced to quarantine.

This past week, the city began busing migrants on to Austin, Dallas, and Houston. Laredo selected those three cities because they were among the top places migrants planned to go after crossing the border.

8/11/2021 7:20 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 8/10/2021 10:47:00 AM (view original):
You ever pay attention to the words of "Onward Christian Soldiers"?

or spend 5 minutes of time figuring out what Dylan meant when he wrote "With God On Our Side"?

Or, better yet, You ever spent 17 + years growing up in an Assembly of God Church??

I have.
Seventeen years. Ok, Go to Ephesians and see what the real war is, because it is not against flesh and blood. There is very real a war on; and it is for your mind, and eventually, your soul

I don't care what Dylan said. I care what Jesus said.

LB ob, I don't mean to sound hostile. but I ask you this:

Did you ever come to believe the promise of John 3:16?? You can sit in a pew all your life, and yet never know the Lord Jesus Christ, and he is more real than we realize.

What else matters, once you are gone??

It is written that he came to give us LIFE, and also his miracles were recorded that we would learn of them and believe that Jesus Christ is not just a man at his 'pinnacle' but is GOD in human flesh, i.e. that Jesus is the Son of God,.. and that we might have life through his name. That is in John 20:31

We can sit here and throw stones at Jonestown, at the strange culture of the Amish, or at televangelists.. and they are maybe lacking in substance, but men like John Mcarther, Charles Stanley are preaching the real message..

So really, I ask you this: What do you believe about Jesus Christ?

Why did you turn aside? And most of all, were you ever truly saved?? I cannot think of more important questions

Very recently, a friend I had known since 1958 just passed away, He died in his sleep. Thing is, he rejected the Gospel, vehemently. I am sad for him, today.. becuse unless he had a last minute conversion, he is in torments.. forever. I cannot think of a worse fate for any human being..

You are free to throw all the rocks you want.. in here. unless someone makes a death threat, I will not report a nasty post

and let's just say you win all the debates.. does that give you a sense of fulfillment or completion? What do you really gain??

Hopefully, you will give thought to these words, because your time can come at any moment. Just like it did for my buddy.. and I am sad for him

Finally, I don't know of any denomination that is fault-free, because they are run by humans. . and humans are flawed. The good news is that God will meet you right where you are, if you will hear his voice. I hope you will
8/13/2021 3:08 AM (edited)
More twitter "news" ?
You're worse than Trump.
Get a life and quit feeling the need to try to build "your" Party and tear down the other one 24/7.
To think you actually tried to argue the crap you post wasn't intended to be decisive. It pretty much seems like you're primed and ready to be part of a hate group. Bi-partisanship? Compromise? Not for you. You're right about everything and want it your way or the highway. Sounds like you should run for office.
8/13/2021 11:08 PM
Posted by all3 on 8/13/2021 11:08:00 PM (view original):
More twitter "news" ?
You're worse than Trump.
Get a life and quit feeling the need to try to build "your" Party and tear down the other one 24/7.
To think you actually tried to argue the crap you post wasn't intended to be decisive. It pretty much seems like you're primed and ready to be part of a hate group. Bi-partisanship? Compromise? Not for you. You're right about everything and want it your way or the highway. Sounds like you should run for office.
Lol ok

I posted a graph of times inflation was topping 4% in the past decade or so. Holy ****, what are you even talking about here?

Yeah I guess I should run for office if I, you know, look at historical trends? Good lord, this message was unhinged. Please, for both our sakes, mainly yours, stop responding to me. I do not ever want to ever talk to you again. And you never come off well when we do.

Can someone cool the mark out please? Is that even possible at this point?
8/14/2021 12:17 AM
allMOUTH: The Switzerland of Morons
8/14/2021 7:54 AM

8/14/2021 9:13 AM (edited)
8/14/2021 9:02 AM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...48 Next ▸
Inflation Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.