Inflation Topic

Posted by DougOut on 2/12/2022 6:53:00 PM (view original):
Go ahead and copy and past it professor.

And Joe Biden making the border secure? Everyone is laughing at you.
Most apprehensions in a 12 month span! That’s amazing! Trump never did that. He said he was keeping the border secure but where’s the results? He wasn’t apprehending anywhere near this many people.
2/12/2022 6:56 PM
If 3 guys cross the border and I catch 2...well that's something.

If 100 guys cross the border and I catch 3...well....I guess I apprehended more.

Good job Joe!

2/12/2022 6:59 PM
Posted by DougOut on 2/12/2022 6:59:00 PM (view original):
If 3 guys cross the border and I catch 2...well that's something.

If 100 guys cross the border and I catch 3...well....I guess I apprehended more.

Good job Joe!

We have to deliberately make up things in our head now because we can’t live with Biden being historically better on border security in the only metric we ever used before, huh? I mean why couldn’t I apply that logic to Trumps years? Except he never caught as many as Joe has.
2/12/2022 7:22 PM

Common sense needed to address border crisis Rep. - Glenn Rogers - Abilene Reporter News

Since President Joe Biden took office in January 2021, more than 2 million immigrants illegally have crossed the Texas-Mexico border. For comparison, during the first year of the Trump administration, that number was only 300,000 - the lowest since 1972.
2/12/2022 7:36 PM

Nearly 60 percent of Americans disapprove of President Biden's job performance as his approval rating sinks even further, according to a new CNN poll released Thursday.

Fifty-eight percent of Americans said they disapprove of Biden's performance, while only 41 percent approved. The same poll in December found that 49 percent of Americans approved and 51 percent disapproved of Biden.

In the new survey, only 36 percent of independents and 9 percent of Republicans approved of the job Biden is doing. Eighty-three percent of Democrats still approve of Biden, but that's a drop from 94 percent from last summer.

In a sign of how tough it could be to turn the tide, when those who disapproved of Biden were asked to name one thing that they approved of during his tenure, 56 percent could not come up with an answer.

The survey is the latest in a string of polls showing Biden's approval plummeting.

The administration has been hit with criticism from across the political spectrum over inflation, its handling of the coronavirus, foreign policy and more.

It has responded by touting its infrastructure bill and deployment of vaccinations across the country, though those arguments have thus far failed to stop the backslide in Biden's poll numbers.

The poor polling has caused Democrats to sound the alarm over the November midterm elections, warning that such low approval ratings could lead to Republicans flipping both chambers of Congress.

2/12/2022 7:47 PM
i have no idea if UA's numbers are good

but i do rem when oblama was king

he trumped the hell outta trump's catch numbers and boy bush's too

and all obama got, politically speaking, for the effort and the execution, was never ending crap for catching more mexicans

nonstop lying republicans

i gotta believe joe
2/12/2022 8:18 PM
Posted by DougOut on 2/12/2022 5:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 2/12/2022 5:36:00 PM (view original):

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/30/us-oil-production-to-increase-further-in-2022-oil-expert-dan-yergin.html

U.S. oil production set to increase further in 2022

”He added that he has been on two calls where the U.S. energy secretary asked companies to increase production.”

flipping idiot. you said one ******* thing and it’s exactly what Biden is doing, you absolute comically inept imbecile.
Now now.....temper.

Why would we have to ask for increased production when just over 1 year ago we were energy independent and a net exporter of energy?

I want you to take a time out.
2/12/2022 11:30 PM
The trend towards energy independence started under Bush/Obama and didn't increase under Trump. It leveled out in 2020 because the problem is the pandemic.

Every single credible economist agrees that the reason for the price increase is a decrease in production during the pandemic, not anything to do with Biden.

Btw, energy independence doesn't mean we don't import anything from other countries
2/12/2022 11:35 PM
fyi, I think Biden is actually bad for continuing Trump's border policies. I don't like how this conversation presupposes that Trump immigration policy = good

It is very telling and typical of Doug to not be able to name a SINGLE policy or thing Biden did to increase immigration or increase gas prices.

The go-to answer is always the Keystone pipeline, which was so ridiculously inefficient that no private entity wanted to sponsor it and employed about a dozen people full-time, and also wasn't even completed at the time of its cancellation so ending the pipeline had zero effect on production.

Doug won't respond to this btw. He'll post some random conservative meme or a snarky quip that doesn't address the point to dodge the fact that he's just wrong about basically everything. This is how most conservatives are: They're wrong and don't care that they're wrong.
2/12/2022 11:42 PM
Posted by tangplay on 2/12/2022 11:42:00 PM (view original):
fyi, I think Biden is actually bad for continuing Trump's border policies. I don't like how this conversation presupposes that Trump immigration policy = good

It is very telling and typical of Doug to not be able to name a SINGLE policy or thing Biden did to increase immigration or increase gas prices.

The go-to answer is always the Keystone pipeline, which was so ridiculously inefficient that no private entity wanted to sponsor it and employed about a dozen people full-time, and also wasn't even completed at the time of its cancellation so ending the pipeline had zero effect on production.

Doug won't respond to this btw. He'll post some random conservative meme or a snarky quip that doesn't address the point to dodge the fact that he's just wrong about basically everything. This is how most conservatives are: They're wrong and don't care that they're wrong.
100% agree re: Biden’s border policies. I’m not the biggest fan, though he’s made some cosmetic changes that are good. But overall, nah, it’s not that much change from Trump.

Its just ******* hilarious that he’s doing a better job of it, just like Obama did, as bag said, and the right wingers won’t acknowledge it. So clearly it’s not policy they actually have a problem with.

Obviously you’re correct about the keystone pipeline as well.
2/13/2022 12:38 AM
Posted by Uofa2 on 2/13/2022 12:38:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/12/2022 11:42:00 PM (view original):

100% agree re: Biden’s border policies. I’m not the biggest fan, though he’s made some cosmetic changes that are good. But overall, nah, it’s not that much change from Trump.

Its just ******* hilarious that he’s doing a better job of it, just like Obama did, as bag said, and the right wingers won’t acknowledge it. So clearly it’s not policy they actually have a problem with.

Obviously you’re correct about the keystone pipeline as well.

How did the Donald J. Trump administration handle migrant flows?

For the last four years, U.S. immigration policy focused almost solely on stopping migrants from coming to; entering; or, if they reached the United States, staying in the country. The Trump administration forced Central American countries to sign “safe third country” agreements, which require asylum seekers to first seek refuge in neighboring countries before applying in the United States. It also narrowed the interpretation of what constitutes grounds for asylum, largely excluding the domestic or gang violence that so many flee. And it drastically lowered the annual U.S. cap on refugees from over one hundred thousand to just fifteen thousand.

For those migrants who did make it to the border, the Trump administration processed them. Later, it sent those waiting for their claims to be adjudicated back to Mexico under the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP), also known as the Remain in Mexico policy. The Mexican government, for its part, agreed to hold these tens of thousands of migrants indefinitely.

What is Joe Biden’s approach?

The Biden administration’s approach differs in that it looks to both manage the migrant flows and to change the situations on the ground that force people to leave their home countries. In his first weeks in office, Biden ended construction of the wall along the U.S. southern border and canceled the safe third country agreements with Northern Triangle countries. He is allowing some twenty-five thousand asylum seekers currently in Mexico under the MPP to enter the United States as they await a decision. On the campaign trail, Biden promised to invest $4 billion over his first term to address the root causes of migration, including through programs in Central American countries to reduce and prevent violence, help farmers set up irrigation systems or change crops, and create economic opportunities.

ALSO:

NEW INSIGHTS

President Joe Biden recently lifted travel restrictions on “primarily Muslim” countries that were put in place by the Trump administration—but there’s been a lot of misinformation about Trump’s restrictions. After an extensive and in-depth review of all threats posed by individuals from foreign countries by the DHS and the State Department, the President [initially] restricted entry from eight countries; Chad (later removed from the list), Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Syria, Venezuela, and Yemen, that were state sponsors of terrorism, provided safe havens for terrorists, or provided insufficient information to U.S. authorities. Chief Justice John Roberts said that Trump “undoubtedly fulfilled” the requirement in the statute that he determine if the entry of covered aliens would be “detrimental” to the interests of the country and our national security.
2/13/2022 12:24 PM
Ummm...This is a chart of IMPORTS. Look how imports went down TO BELOW ZERO under Trump.
2/13/2022 12:27 PM
Ok, but can you see how the rate of change remained the same from 2005-2006 until the pandemic? At best you're just giving Trump credit for managing not to totally screw up what was already happening. Generally speaking effects of policy changes on a graph like this show up as a change in the second derivative. There is no meaningful change in the 2nd derivative from 2005 to 2020. It does change under Trump in his last year in office - for the worse - but I think most economists would agree that was not a result of government policy but the fault of a substantial change in world economic circumstances as a result of the pandemic.
2/13/2022 1:39 PM
Well, my understanding, or interpretation, which is not specifically represented on this graph, would be the impact of fracking. My memory is some RED states, with the resource, used it, except on SOME Federal owned land which was off limits to ALL 50 STATES due to Federal law while some BLUE states with majority democrat legislators and governors, restricted fracking within their respective states. New York and Pennsylvania would be an example.

Since then I think Biden passed an ExO of use on virtually ALL Federal lands.

Remember when Biden passed 41 executive orders? That was Jan. 20th. Remember when he shut down the XL pipeline? Check this out:
01/20/2021 Environment Executive Order Yes

Cancels the Keystone XL pipeline and directs agencies to review and reverse more than 100 Trump actions on the environment

Notice the second highlighted line that reversed MORE THAN 100 Trump actions (read policy) on the environment. This spans mineral rights to oil and gas.

Would you care to speculate that particular executive order at the very least might be affecting current energy production and fuel prices?
2/13/2022 2:32 PM
◂ Prev 1...21|22|23|24|25...48 Next ▸
Inflation Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.