Inflation Topic

Posted by bheid408 on 7/29/2022 8:32:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/28/2022 9:48:00 PM (view original):
And the economy only recovered so quickly BECAUSE of the stimulus which helped increase inflation. Without the heavy stimulus, we would likely be in a massive economic recession.

You act like it's inevitable that jobs would have recovered. It wasn't.
Without the heavy stimulus, we would likely be in a massive economic recession.
Which you know because you have a crystal ball. It may have turned out to be the exact opposite and would have recovered without a stimulus, no one will ever really know. So I hope you enjoyed the short-term gain from the stimulous which everyone is now paying for through inflation which has us in a recession which will probably turn massive.

People need money and if someone isn't giving it to them, (aka, the government) they have to go out and get it. Usually through jobs. Yes, inevitably jobs would have recovered.

explain why there is s similar inflation around the world.
A lot of economists were flabbergasted that they saw really high job reports every month.
Bidens plan also gave money to businesses to help them stay afloat and keeping their employees.

This stuff about inflation is overblown.
I don’t ask for the weather and inflation reports.
I have not noticed any impact on my life:
Im not looking for a used or new car:
There isn’t any difference in utility bills.
If bread is up 10 cents i dont notice it.
And try to figure out what’s higher because
of inflation and what because of supply chains.

I have seen an extremely aggressive and compassionate President.
He went right at the job issues with infrastructure bill and help for businesses that needed it.

The multiprong stimulus gave the economy and struggling people a shot in the arm. The first check was sent before Biden took office because the Democrats had the votes and Trump was for it.

In fact he wanted much higher stimulus checks.
When Biden started he refused to have a laissez- faire
attitude in a crisis which the Republicans wanted.
In a crisis the Republican Party has always said don’t interfere and everything will be peachy keen.

From Hoover to Bush2 and Trump republican administrations would get bailed out by the party with real life compassion and smarts and creativity.
At the current time it is a fact jack that the R party has way fewer smart people in Congress then ever in the modern era. Very few gifted minds and scores of dumb brain people like Green and Gaetz and Goemer
and Rand Paul and Jim Jordan and Mo Brooks and so many more.
Those people are not psychologically normal people.
And except for about 20 or so maybe less all are morally bankrupt and awol cowards.
They depend on a dumb electorate to stay in power.
A lot of racism and bigotry and white nationalism and i assume that some are fine people.
The rest are always overjoyed to cut their nose to spite their face.

If you want to say recover instead of growth then you are still looking at leadership and stewardship.
His leadership with Covid by having the federal govt take charge instead of letting each state do what they wanted which was the Trump plan was very important:

Biden did use the emergency production actions that Trump - the man who had eliminated the department that had expertise to watch for pandemics and formulated and organize action - flat out refused to let the federal government use its tools.

Southern states under Republican governors have constantly done the opposite of what was good for their states - refusing expansion of medicaid during the Obama years.
Refusing state stimulus under Biden
and literally wiping out agriculture for most farmers because of the war with China.

It is Biden being the first to tackle made in america.
It is Biden and the dems without Republicans that are trying to make us energy independent and now about yo pass a made in america semiconductors law which will strengthen the United States in a very tangible way.

The dems are the party of action and bright minds.
It has always been that way but now they have to save the united states from itself while getting things done with a counter intuituvely smsller majority then it should be.

There is a world wide economic inflation issue so if you are going to call balls and strikes you have to have both eyes open free of conflict and cognizant of whether it is going to rain.

Ps - a hell of a lot more ramble but i’m starting to get the Italy prof write a book post habit.
7/29/2022 9:49 AM (edited)
Posted by bheid408 on 7/29/2022 8:53:00 AM (view original):
Leadership had a lot to do with creating the lowest unemployment ever.
Wrong. It was lower before the pandemic than it is now.

ok you are right by 3.5 vs 3.6
but Biden has been stupendous with monthly jobless claims.
The unemployment rate shot way up from early 2020 and Trump did not address it. Was around 7.0 when Trump was forced out of office by the police troops protecting the capitol. This time the alamo won and Santa Anna lost.
Biden have the economy the transfusion it needed to ward off a monsterously deveststing recession/ depression.

Trump inherited the upward climbing economy but failed to do much when a good president was needed.
He hurt farmers and the auto industry and helped a lot of people get sick or die by saying you don’t really need a mask and it is a little flu that will dissapear
like passing gas in a swimming pool.
It was literally despicable and flat out Evil how he subjected a real person like Dr. Fauci.

Trump did a reasonably good job with getting a vaccine although he did not start immediately
and did. or throw as much money as he should have to get a vaccine. Moderna came through but it was actually independent Pfizer that won the race.
And scientists around the world came up with their own vaccines around the same time.

But once he got the vaccine more death and devastation because he did not have a plan for distribution and had no interest.
Per usual let the states fend for themselves - the Republican way.

In a crisis you need a proactive leader and congress not Herbert Hoover/ J Edgar Hoover at the helm.
7/29/2022 10:11 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
not lies except I would think he knows what kind of trouble his disgusting son is in. He never said he does know anything. that’s just a faux news moonshot.

If you don’t think that Jan 6 was an insurrection then it is NOT personal but you don’t meet certain standards to have a dialogue.

I stopped at that one as I can’t converse with people that have your mindset which then informs your understanding of events and politics and accomplishments and obstacles.
7/29/2022 5:19 PM
Posted by bheid408 on 7/29/2022 8:32:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/28/2022 9:48:00 PM (view original):
And the economy only recovered so quickly BECAUSE of the stimulus which helped increase inflation. Without the heavy stimulus, we would likely be in a massive economic recession.

Without the heavy stimulus, we would likely be in a massive economic recession.
Which you know because you have a crystal ball. It may have turned out to be the exact opposite and would have recovered without a stimulus, no one will ever really know. So I hope you enjoyed the short-term gain from the stimulous which everyone is now paying for through inflation which has us in a recession which will probably turn massive.

People need money and if someone isn't giving it to them, (aka, the government) they have to go out and get it. Usually through jobs. Yes, inevitably jobs would have recovered.

"You can't know what would have happened because you don't have a crystal ball," the anonymous poster says right before arguing that they know for CERTAIN that the stimulus caused inflation and that jobs would have recovered without it.

The idea that we were going to have a global pandemic that shut everything down for months, killed hundreds of thousands, disrupted supply chains, and impacted demand without any long-term economic fallout is ******* ridiculous. We avoided a long-term recession and slow recovery (see: post 2008 financial crisis) by supercharging the economy with stimulus. We probably overshot the mark and now the economy is running too hot. There's too much demand and people had too much money. Still, this is a better outcome than a long term recession would have been.

Get out of your media bubble and actually read what economists are saying about the issue.
7/29/2022 5:20 PM
Posted by bheid408 on 7/29/2022 2:55:00 PM (view original):
Jetson21, believe want you want.....
Collusion.
Joe doesn't know anything about Hunters business dealings with Ukraine, Russia or China.
1/6 was an Insurrection.
A successful withdrawal from Afghanistan.
Inflation is transitory.
Putin is the reason for high gas prices.
Biden has "created" millions of jobs.
We are not in a recession.

All lies being fed to the blind sheep. Good thing some of us can see.
lmao, a majority of the GOP thinks the election was stolen and a significant chunk thinks the Democrats are evil satanic pedophiles who drink children's blood.

but ok
7/29/2022 5:22 PM
yeah, I thought the "blind sheep" comment was pretty funny as well.
7/29/2022 6:55 PM
Good riddance to people with extreme animosity.
7/29/2022 10:47 PM
Posted by bheid408 on 7/29/2022 9:05:00 PM (view original):
Congratulations Jetson!
You manage to identify the 1 item on my list that wasn't true. Maybe you do know the truth from a lie. Funny though how that keeps you from talking about the other items that are lies. Yeah, pick and choose only what fits your narrative. That's what left-wing libs do.
You are just an angry name caller. You don’t have any reason to call me “left wing”… I am left of center.
And now you say statements are true then you call them lies.

I do not enjoy having a dialogue with people who have such grievances.
The bottom line is get lost.
7/29/2022 11:00 PM (edited)
Posted by bheid408 on 7/29/2022 8:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 7/29/2022 6:55:00 PM (view original):
I'm sure you are also laughing when you fill up at the pump and buy groceries. Get use to it.
65% disapprove of the job Biden is doing. 85% believe the country is going in the wrong direction.

Joe has some hay for you. Can you smell it.... BAA!
63 million people voted for Donald Trump. There are obviously many stupid people in this country.
7/30/2022 12:28 AM
Wylie - You get it.
It is the hardcore base which is humongous and I also include anyone that would still vote for that sociopathic pretender that he is a human being.

Unfortunately,
There’s no stoppin the cretins from hoppin,
You got to keep it bleatin for all the hoppin cretins,
1 - 2 - 24 the cretins want to hop some more,
4 - 5 - 6 - 7 all good cretins go to heaven.

Pleased to meet you - pleased to meet you. You friggin freaks especially MotherTucker Carlson.

Cretin Hop by the Ramones - revised.
Thank you Joey.
7/30/2022 3:26 PM (edited)
Posted by wylie715 on 7/30/2022 12:28:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bheid408 on 7/29/2022 8:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 7/29/2022 6:55:00 PM (view original):
I'm sure you are also laughing when you fill up at the pump and buy groceries. Get use to it.
65% disapprove of the job Biden is doing. 85% believe the country is going in the wrong direction.

Joe has some hay for you. Can you smell it.... BAA!
63 million people voted for Donald Trump. There are obviously many stupid people in this country.
FOR SURE. The stupid ones voted for Biden
7/30/2022 4:21 PM
◂ Prev 1...41|42|43|44|45...47 Next ▸
Inflation Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.