Double Teams- Do they have any effect at all? Topic

The title pretty much sums this one up. I am a relative newbie (just over 10 full seasons) and I have tinkered with double-teaming stars or even high FG% guys throughout my seasons.

I haven't really ever seen any negative effects on the player I double team very often. I would even go so far as to say there are many occasions where the guy I double team has a signature game against my team.

So the question. Is there any real advantage to using double teams and if so, how does someone use them properly.
6/6/2021 10:09 AM
I believe that there is a slight mod to the fg% and tendency to TO of the doubled player

however

there is an offset cost which includes a small boost to the fg% of the other 4 guys on the floor (and maybe an increase to the chance your guys foul more?)

so it sort of balances out

I hardly ever do it - I suppose it might be useful if your opponent were fielding a squad with just one high usage player surrounded by 4 low usage guys but that hardly ever happens

and that plus simmy's pronity toward random (not to say perverse) outcomes makes it not too much worthwhile
6/6/2021 10:42 AM
Double Teams- Do they have any effect at all? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.