How to fix the State Farm™ "Exploit" Topic

That thread turned into a royal **** show and supports Rob's point greatly. 24k's got a great point, too, but so do Kinoa, monkee, nc, etc...

Regarding 24k's point, I think that the biggest turnoff to new managers is when they get into OLs and see teams shooting 60%+ from the field because of the State Farm glitch. I think that is probably *the* most important thing that needs to be fixed, whether they go the route I presented to fully tackle the issue, or if they just go the band-aid approach presented by benhoidal.

I think a full fledged discussion thread with focused feedback might be the best route to take at this time. If admin has something structured to read, perhaps they'll have better insight into the directions they need to take. I'm going to start that thread now.
7/19/2021 7:32 PM
I agree ash, I do think focused feedback is the right approach. Have a solid delivery to provide admin and steer away from the snide comments
7/19/2021 7:38 PM
I want to state that I am not now hor have I ever been hurley
7/19/2021 8:09 PM
Posted by copernicus on 7/19/2021 7:06:00 PM (view original):
Russell's D rating is wrong (no one is arguing that), it is an easy fix (no one is arguing that either), and fixing it would appease a bunch of longtime long-suffering and vocal owners

and btw appeasing your actual customers is totally in line with "whatever changes are made should be to attract more users to the NBA sim"

it needn't be 'do this instead of all the other things', that's a silly thing that no one is saying
it is not just 2 people who think this is the right thing to do, clearly it is a bunch of us
and
God I wish there were hordes waiting to beat down the gates and argue for each and every player because that would mean we had an engaged and active populace but that just isn't the case (yes we are seeing more activity at long last but that's not the same thing and wouldn't it be nice for the noobs to see admin fixing something so patently wrong due to user requests?)
Like I said, I think anything that promotes bad process is a really bad misstep. It send a bad message. I don’t have any more to say on this issue.
7/19/2021 8:16 PM
Posted by ashamael on 7/19/2021 7:32:00 PM (view original):
That thread turned into a royal **** show and supports Rob's point greatly. 24k's got a great point, too, but so do Kinoa, monkee, nc, etc...

Regarding 24k's point, I think that the biggest turnoff to new managers is when they get into OLs and see teams shooting 60%+ from the field because of the State Farm glitch. I think that is probably *the* most important thing that needs to be fixed, whether they go the route I presented to fully tackle the issue, or if they just go the band-aid approach presented by benhoidal.

I think a full fledged discussion thread with focused feedback might be the best route to take at this time. If admin has something structured to read, perhaps they'll have better insight into the directions they need to take. I'm going to start that thread now.
Yeah that thread is a mess.

Agree that fixing State Farm should be the sole focus at this point if we want to turn new coaches into long time coaches.
7/19/2021 8:17 PM
Posted by Kona1 on 7/19/2021 6:26:00 PM (view original):
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I will say this: When I first came to this site years back, and saw that defense was on a 1-100 scale, the FIRST person I looked up, expecting to see straight 100's, was Bill Russell. Seeing straight 70's was comical to me, especially after seeing some of the names with 80's and 90's … not enough for me to stop poking around but definitely enough to give me pause. I can't speak for anyone else having a similar reaction but it certainly was mine.

All of the arguments on either side are completely valid, but this just seems so obvious a glitch that you just fix it and leave the other issues for another time. Google "Best defenders in NBA history" and every list has Bill Russell #1 or #2. I mean every one. Here as a 70 he isn't even in the top 100. This is like being part of a Top actresses site and somehow Meryl Streep is #62. It's obviously wrong so you just fix it. Just my two cents.
Yeah I don’t think anyone disagrees he was a great defender. I posted enough on why I think it misses the point.

I always appreciate your opinion on things though so I wanted to reply to thank you for chiming in.
7/19/2021 8:19 PM
Posted by copernicus on 7/19/2021 8:09:00 PM (view original):
I want to state that I am not now hor have I ever been hurley
naboimp ... god, I had completely forgotten about that guy. I wonder if he stuck around using a different alias or maybe returned later with a new one. I know a few users that have done both of those.
7/19/2021 8:23 PM
that thread was a charlie foxtrot -- and it made my head hurt

but I can't help but think that those kinds of 'McHale covered Worthy' or 'who was the PG on the 1997 Bulls?' conversations were at the heart of why WiS appealed to people when it was at its most popular

7/19/2021 8:36 PM
◂ Prev 12345
How to fix the State Farm™ "Exploit" Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.