Capitol police officers Topic

Posted by laramiebob on 7/10/2021 8:41:00 AM (view original):
Do YOU know one? Usually, intelligent people avoid interacting with folks like you.
........ Which means you are __________ ??
7/10/2021 8:58 AM
........ Which means you are __________ ??

My guess is…

Sticking it back down your ignorant throat??
7/10/2021 10:05 AM
Man, I still really want to know what % of Portland and Seattle Lostnfound thinks BLM and Antifa burned down.
7/10/2021 5:22 PM
PORTLAND JUST OVER A YEAR AGO:

City details Portland protest violence, damage, cost of repairs in response to motion to restrict tear gas, crowd control weapons

Portland police and Multnomah County sheriff’s deputies have filed court documents that give a day-by-day accounting of their protest response over the last six weeks, including dozens of videos that show violence downtown, photos of broken windows to courthouses and businesses and a list of more than 100 fires set.

They estimated repair costs to public buildings approaching $300,000 so far and $4.8 million in property damage to businesses.

“This case is not about the thousands of people peacefully protesting,” Deputy City Attorney Naomi Sheffield wrote. “It is also not about hateful words or anti-police protests. The City and PPB support protestors’ expression, regardless of content. This case is about the ability of PPB to respond to a nightly deluge of dangerous objects thrown and launched at them and at occupied buildings, nightly fires, and widespread criminal activity.”

Don’t Shoot Portland is a nonprofit group seeking to further bar use of tear gas, pepper spray, foam-tipped rounds and other less-lethal weapons as crowd control measures at protests. U.S. District Judge Marco A. Hernandez on June 9 issued a temporary restraining order restricting Portland police from using tear gas except if lives or public safety are at risk. He amended the order on June 26, adding less-lethal weapons to the restrictions and outright banning the use of an ear-splitting warning signal.

Don’t Shoot Portland has asked the judge to sanction the city for allegedly violating his orders and extend the restrictions by granting a preliminary injunction. A hearing is set for next Thursday and Friday.

“Portland Police have demonstrated that they cannot be trusted to utilize these riot control munitions without court intervention,” wrote the group’s attorney, Juan Chavez.

After reviewing some of the city’s and county’s filings, Chavez said Tuesday, “The city spent a lot of time highlighting the criminal behavior. They could have charged people responsible but haven’t and instead have used a lot of force against peaceful protesters in the crowd. I think they’ve made our point for us.”

Police have arrested more than 200 people in the protests since late May, court records show.Attorneys from the city and county argue that the violent circumstances merit tear gas use. The Police Bureau and Sheriff’s Office rules now in place as well as a new state bill limiting tear gas to declared riots provide sufficient guidance, they contend.The city enumerated violence or threats to police and others on nearly a nightly basis since May 29 since hundreds and sometimes thousands of people have gathered to protest police brutality and systemic racism after the death of George Floyd.Portland police said in the court documents that they have spent about $7 million in overtime covering demonstrations through July 1.

The city filed a spreadsheet identifying 144 fires that were reported to emergency dispatch from May 29 through the morning of July 2 attributed to the civil unrest.

More than 32 officers also have been injured, many from items thrown at them, including rocks, glass bottles, frozen water bottles, soup or beer cans, fireworks, bricks and steel pellets from sling shots, the court papers said.

I CAN POST PICTURES OF THE VIOLENCE IF YOU WISH. LET ME KNOW HOW MANY YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE.

10? 20? 50? MORE?

NOW THIS IS JUST PORTLAND. LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION ON SEATTLE. GLAD TO HELP.

7/10/2021 6:55 PM
Lies, doug; all lies. There's nothing happening in Portland. Nothing we need to talk about anyway. How about that Afghanistan pull-out, huh? See what great things or leaders are doing? Don't bother them with piddly Portland stuff, or boring, old border talk. Oh yeah, let's not mention those escalating food and gas prices either, and certainly not the price of housing. Can't wait to see what happens with all those when the beloved $15/hour minimum wage hits.
7/10/2021 7:46 PM
Posted by all3 on 7/10/2021 7:46:00 PM (view original):
Lies, doug; all lies. There's nothing happening in Portland. Nothing we need to talk about anyway. How about that Afghanistan pull-out, huh? See what great things or leaders are doing? Don't bother them with piddly Portland stuff, or boring, old border talk. Oh yeah, let's not mention those escalating food and gas prices either, and certainly not the price of housing. Can't wait to see what happens with all those when the beloved $15/hour minimum wage hits.
The border crisis is what really breaks my heart. It was unnecessary and self-inflicted. The border was fine. Now it is a tragedy that plays out every day. The Human ill-treatment, death, abandonment, rape, murder and sexual abuse cannot be calculated and it all could have been avoided. Fentanyl is pouring across the border. This has given the already powerful drug cartel in Mexico even more power. We are witnessing the emergence of a Narco-State on our southern border......being fueled and strengthened by our open border policy. And WHY? WHY? Orange man bad?

Kamala dressed down by the President of Guatemala...protesters with TRUMP signs telling her to go home. She waits 5 months to go to the border, steps out of the plane and does a photo-op in the lobby, turns around and goes back home. It's a tragedy. I hope this isn't the end of the Republic. How much worse can it get?
7/10/2021 8:14 PM
LOL!!!
7/10/2021 10:44 PM
So from what I understand, 90% of that damage was on the first day of the riot, and was cleaned up pretty quickly afterwards. The closest you can come to saying Portland was "on fire" or "destroyed" was a small portion of the city for one or two days. During June, protests steadily died down (and were far more peaceful) until Trump sent in the feds, and that exploded protests yet again (THANKS, TRUMP!!!). However, the damage was largely focused on one specific block and courthouse. 99.9% of the city was fine.

Reminder that I responded to Lostnfound calling the protests a "takeover" of the city. The protests failed to "overtake" one ******* courthouse. Portland was and is fine.

And by the way, the riots caused 300 thousand dollars in damage to public buildings!!!! Don't look into the fact that in 2020 ALONE, the city of Portland paid out 1.14 million in lawsuits filed against the police. That's money stolen from average people because of police misconduct. Maybe focus on that instead?

7/10/2021 10:46 PM

How about that Afghanistan pull-out, huh?

I'm glad that we're pulling out of Afghanistan. It could be handled better, no doubt. But it's also true that Trump put Biden in a ****** position with a ****** agreement beforehand that most foreign policy experts condemned. Biden either had to break an agreement to leave or get out, and he chose to get out. Also, are we supposed to just stay in Afghanistan forever, draining us millions upon millions of taxpayer dollars? We needed to get out eventually, regardless of the potential damage.

Don't bother them with piddly Portland stuff

Why the **** would Biden be talking about a protest movement that ended nearly a year ago?

Oh yeah, let's not mention those escalating food and gas prices either, and certainly not the price of housing.

All of these things are directly tied to supply and demand related tot he end of the pandemic. Biden has helped navigate the US out of the pandemic, and thus we're seeing natural price changes as we go back to normal. Everyone seemingly understands basic and predictable economics except for conservatives, apparently. If Trump had handled the pandemic well, these prices would all have risen under him as well.

If you don't believe me, just look up "Why are food/gas/housing prices rising?" Everyone recognizes that these are basic supply and demand changes as the pandemic ends.

The border was fine.

The border was fine under Obama, Trump made it horrible, and now Biden is slowly, too slowly, reversing Trump's horrible border policies.

The Human ill-treatment, death, abandonment, rape, murder and sexual abuse cannot be calculated and it all could have been avoided.

I'm sorry, can you explain how Trump shutting down the border and ordering asylum seekers to remain in Mexico makes any of these problems better? You realize that human trafficking goes up as immigration is made more difficult, right? Like, when you make it nearly impossible for immigrants who need to get to America for safety to arrive legally, they have to rely on cartels and traffickers? Also, immigrants who were forced to remain in Mexico faced horrible conditions and were often raped, murdered, and abused. You prefer that?

The solution to all of these problems is to make asylum and legal immigration more easy.

Fentanyl is pouring across the border. This has given the already powerful drug cartel in Mexico even more power.

Can you point to one specific Biden policy that's helped the cartels and why its done so? This should be simple. And by the way, "open borders" isn't a policy. Like, an actual rule or change the administration has implemented.

7/10/2021 11:00 PM
Fwiw, I don't think either side is handling the immigration stuff particularly well atm. But while Biden is sometimes misguided and incompetent, Trump is outright malicious and evil. No comparison.
7/10/2021 11:02 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Canadian gets “news” from YT videos. You can’t make this kind of stupid up.

You are a LIAR who doesn’t know DICK.
7/11/2021 7:30 AM
Yup!! Doesn't know dick!! LOL.

Met him maybe---once, about 40 years ago.
The Canadian just doesn't "get" what is sacred about our Country.
How could he? He doesn't even know Dick.
7/11/2021 8:45 AM
Why are you Americans put back a year in our schools when you move here then? Assuming we are so ahh dumb
7/11/2021 8:53 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 7/10/2021 10:44:00 PM (view original):
LOL!!!
bob doing his Kamala Harris when she's asked a difficult question impression .
7/11/2021 10:54 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Capitol police officers Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.