How many minimum shot attempts to draft per team? Topic

hoping to get some clarity on this from the hive mind here. I Did a forum search for this but couldn’t find a dedicated topic, or answers to the following questions:

what’s a minimum number of shot attempts one should draft per team?

what’s the maximum?

how much weight does the tota number have on the team’s outcomes?

is there a penalty one way or the other?

tia

7/10/2021 12:27 AM
you are asking the right questions the wrong way - the sim doesn't really care too much about counting stats - it likes advanced stats, in this case usage

here is a link to a terrific thread that answers the spirit of all your questions (sidenote to admin: this thread should be pinned ffs!)

Usage - How do I use this stat to build teams? - SimLeague Basketball | WhatIfSports.com
7/10/2021 2:22 PM
Posted by copernicus on 7/10/2021 2:22:00 PM (view original):
you are asking the right questions the wrong way - the sim doesn't really care too much about counting stats - it likes advanced stats, in this case usage

here is a link to a terrific thread that answers the spirit of all your questions (sidenote to admin: this thread should be pinned ffs!)

Usage - How do I use this stat to build teams? - SimLeague Basketball | WhatIfSports.com
Thank you for the link copernicus. You actually answered my questions, and yes, I did phrase them wrong in hindsight. I drafted a team that fits the usage recommendation from this link, but the shot attempts came out way low. This is in part due trying to keep TO's low. Given that the usage was correct, but the shot attempts were low (raw numbers worked out to just under 100 pts per game) I was concerned that I'd be penalized somehow. But your answer clears it up. The usage numbers are the driver not the raw totals.
7/10/2021 2:38 PM
I think the TO thing is similar in terms of don't be overconcerned with counting stats - as an example Steph might have 5+ TOs per 48 minutes and that looks scary but that is because he has a 32% usage and in fact his TOV is like 12% which is great for a PG
7/10/2021 2:56 PM
How many minimum shot attempts to draft per team? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.