HD Firings (take 2) Topic

has anybody been fired yet?
6/16/2022 2:47 PM
Is it safe to assume that by passing up a Power 6 job in Phelan last off-season that I've locked myself out of the opportunity for the foreseeable future? All of the jobs are taken and nobody is getting fired. Although I am still holding out hope that bballer2117 gets fired at Michigan at some point for averaging one conference win every two season over the last 8.
7/7/2022 11:37 AM
Posted by shane182436 on 7/7/2022 11:37:00 AM (view original):
Is it safe to assume that by passing up a Power 6 job in Phelan last off-season that I've locked myself out of the opportunity for the foreseeable future? All of the jobs are taken and nobody is getting fired. Although I am still holding out hope that bballer2117 gets fired at Michigan at some point for averaging one conference win every two season over the last 8.
As far as like 1 season being locked out, sure. But I play in almost every 1x world. There's movement constantly. It may not feel that way because the time you wanted to move up, there was nothing available. But people drop all the time. Or move. Or whichever.

As far as that coach, appears he definitely went rogue. He'll be fired when firings DO kick in. But I'd not bank on that. It'll happen at some point but they're just tight lipped on that issue at the moment. But I can almost guarantee you that power conference jobs will open up each and every season. May not be lots of them, but it only takes 1!
7/7/2022 1:20 PM
There's been multiple times where I've wanted the job of an AFK coach, sent a ticket , and the job opened. If he's really been gone that long, send a ticket .
7/9/2022 1:56 AM
I continue to be addicted and enjoy the product but I think baseline prestige is a negative and takes away from the overall experience.
8/21/2022 11:48 AM
Posted by nobagel69 on 8/21/2022 11:48:00 AM (view original):
I continue to be addicted and enjoy the product but I think baseline prestige is a negative and takes away from the overall experience.
Not at all. But this is also a topic that gets debated for all eternity. We're all entitled to our opinions. And I'm not sure if you've taken part in these discussions in the past. But "generally" the people that don't want baseline are newer coaches (I see you have 29 seasons, but I don't know if you've played hundreds on another profile or not), or coaches at low baseline schools (South Florida).

It all comes down to a business model and retaining the "look" of a college game. I'm always kinda surprised at the amount of support there is for having no baseline. If we look at the TEAM championship page here, it clearly shows the game is designed so that smaller schools can have great success, while also keeping the look of college basketball intact.
https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=514946
That is underestimated by most when thinking about longevity of this game. I didn't play D1 for about 5 real life years. But if this game didn't look like college basketball when I first started, I wouldn't have even tried it. People are drawn to that subconsciously.

Baseline is everything for HD. Taking it away would destroy the game long term. Maybe not for the coaches that are already here and hooked, but for the future.
8/23/2022 3:36 AM
Posted by topdogggbm on 8/23/2022 3:38:00 AM (view original):
Posted by nobagel69 on 8/21/2022 11:48:00 AM (view original):
Not at all. But this is also a topic that gets debated for all eternity. We're all entitled to our opinions. And I'm not sure if you've taken part in these discussions in the past. But "generally" the people that don't want baseline are newer coaches (I see you have 29 seasons, but I don't know if you've played hundreds on another profile or not), or coaches at low baseline schools (South Florida).

It all comes down to a business model and retaining the "look" of a college game. I'm always kinda surprised at the amount of support there is for having no baseline. If we look at the TEAM championship page here, it clearly shows the game is designed so that smaller schools can have great success, while also keeping the look of college basketball intact.
https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=514946
That is underestimated by most when thinking about longevity of this game. I didn't play D1 for about 5 real life years. But if this game didn't look like college basketball when I first started, I wouldn't have even tried it. People are drawn to that subconsciously.

Baseline is everything for HD. Taking it away would destroy the game long term. Maybe not for the coaches that are already here and hooked, but for the future.
Completely agree with the need for baseline and it's importance in attracting new users.
8/26/2022 10:59 AM
Where did we land on the Tiers and logic and was it implemented? I believe all Power 5 teams should be in the Tiers. I don't see Rutgers in anywhere. We have some users who have played this game for a long time and never posted winning records. It hurts the conferences and the integrity of the game. I can provide a few examples but I don't think Forums are for calling out people who are bad at the game. I just would like to ensure Power 5 teams are always trying to "win".
11/18/2022 11:00 AM
Posted by kubasnack on 11/18/2022 11:00:00 AM (view original):
Where did we land on the Tiers and logic and was it implemented? I believe all Power 5 teams should be in the Tiers. I don't see Rutgers in anywhere. We have some users who have played this game for a long time and never posted winning records. It hurts the conferences and the integrity of the game. I can provide a few examples but I don't think Forums are for calling out people who are bad at the game. I just would like to ensure Power 5 teams are always trying to "win".
not implemented
11/18/2022 11:53 AM
Lol I sent in a ticket 3 years ago about that Michigan coach, he’s gotta be an Ohio State fan
11/19/2022 3:51 PM
Which has been about 30 seasons ago
11/19/2022 3:52 PM
Are they ever going to implement this? (I say as I took over a D+ prestige Virginia team :D)
12/13/2022 4:06 PM
I hope so, but it sounds like SportsHub is forcing the WIS devs to work on other SportsHub apps. Everything seems to be far behind schedule at this point.
12/13/2022 10:54 PM
So this is a completely dead issue, I’m guessing
2/12/2023 9:23 PM
Posted by mlitney on 12/13/2022 10:54:00 PM (view original):
I hope so, but it sounds like SportsHub is forcing the WIS devs to work on other SportsHub apps. Everything seems to be far behind schedule at this point.
Yup. As another example, they prepared a patch to take some of the cheating out of GD and according to ccobb it was ready to go last summer. We're still waiting for it to be implemented, meaning WIS is still complicit with the cheating. I find it interesting that SportsHub, which is essentially a gambling enterprise, countenances cheating or any form of dishonesty.
2/13/2023 10:42 AM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11 Next ▸
HD Firings (take 2) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.