HD Firings (take 2) Topic

Yeah baller2117 has turned that Michigan team in phelan to a low level d2 team lol, definitely can’t help that conference prestige
2/15/2023 10:31 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by kobo on 3/7/2023 7:03:00 PM (view original):
North Carolina in Wooden has been abandoned for 10 seasons (at least). Do your job admin.!!!
the process that exists today, users need to report abandoned teams to CS and they will investigate. i recommend you send a ticket and i suspect they'll fix it!
3/9/2023 12:26 PM
Well, we haven't had any updates in awhile and it seems like Sportshub isn't any better than previous regimes. It all sounded great at the start, and then a whole lot of nothigness.

I hate to be a negative Nancy, but why would they devote any time to WIS when we just keep paying despite the lack of attention?

Is it time to start dropping teams? If every user dropped 1 team (except the users that only have 1 team), would it make a difference?
4/4/2023 11:11 PM
Posted by mlitney on 4/4/2023 11:11:00 PM (view original):
Well, we haven't had any updates in awhile and it seems like Sportshub isn't any better than previous regimes. It all sounded great at the start, and then a whole lot of nothigness.

I hate to be a negative Nancy, but why would they devote any time to WIS when we just keep paying despite the lack of attention?

Is it time to start dropping teams? If every user dropped 1 team (except the users that only have 1 team), would it make a difference?
they lost roughly 1/3 of coached teams with the update and didnt care so unlikely anything matters as long as they make at least 1 dollar more than it costs to run/host the game
4/8/2023 6:29 PM
Posted by mlitney on 4/4/2023 11:11:00 PM (view original):

Folks drop teams all the time for all kinds of reasons, most of which have nothing to do with this specific complaint; I've dropped 3 teams in the last 9 months or so because my attention deficit has flared and my work has spiked, and I just didn't want to maintain them. Concurrently, I've got well documented complaints about the game engine that I'd like them to address; but I'm not dropping the teams because of those complaints. I am less likely to take on rebuilds and spend money on it (Richmond is the first rebuild, other than the D3 startup in the same world, in over a year that I've taken). I'd like to start picking up rebuilds again, which would cost me some money, but I'm not going to do that until the devs rebuild a balanced game engine, like they've said they are working on.

I think probably, with firings, they quietly decided the appetite maybe wasn't as hefty or as wide as they thought, and it's off the table for now. Maybe not for good, but at least until the next version of the game. For me, by far, the biggest priority is the engine rebuild. I've never been a fan of firing ramp ups, though I can certainly live with the last iterations they threw out there.
4/11/2023 10:04 AM
Yeah, I hear you shoe. My work load has increased by quite a bit in the past year or so. It's been hard to give my teams the attention they need. It's been almost a year since the initial engine update was supposed to be released. The excuse was that Sportshub is forcing our devs to work on other Sportshub apps. At this point, I have no reason to think that's going to change.

This game is very old and needs a lot of work. I actually don't even care about the firings that much anymore. I just want some of those much need updates to the game engine.
4/14/2023 1:51 PM
Are firings live now? Sacramento St (in Crum) just fired their coach. Admittedly, the coach had done a horrible job, but only 8 seasons on the job, highest win total was 9, but I also can't imagine the standards of the Big Sky conference are high.
7/27/2023 2:27 AM
Posted by homrbush on 7/27/2023 2:27:00 AM (view original):
Are firings live now? Sacramento St (in Crum) just fired their coach. Admittedly, the coach had done a horrible job, but only 8 seasons on the job, highest win total was 9, but I also can't imagine the standards of the Big Sky conference are high.
And it turns out this coach was the only human in the conference, so it's not like the conference mates turned in an abandoned program lol
7/27/2023 2:40 AM
Firings are not live and I'm guessing probably are never going to happen. Even if they did, I doubt anyone could be fired from Sacramento St. I think it was just supposed to effect B prestige schools or higher. Something like that.
8/2/2023 10:07 AM
yeah but ...

the news clearly said "fired"

https://ibb.co/p14DFcT
8/2/2023 11:37 AM
Oh, that is interesting. I wonder what happened.
8/15/2023 4:10 PM
Not a single job available in Phelan that is above c+ - While lots of quality jobs are held by coaches who either cant coach or have abandoned their teams!
9/14/2023 4:03 PM
its really just what?

UNC definitely is fireable many seasons ago. Tamu could definitely be fired are the only 2 decent schools that have awful resumes. otherwise theres what Notre Dame, Purdue, and Ole Miss for low prestige jobs performing poorly.

not sure where the "lots" of quality jobs" are you refer to.
9/15/2023 10:09 AM
While I still strongly support this, it appears it’s been left on the cutting room floor so I think this thread should be unpinned as it’s not very relevant and could give the wrong info.

id probably unpin the RS investigation too. No reason to highlight old dirty laundry
4/7/2024 11:30 AM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11
HD Firings (take 2) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.