Best year for new albums Topic

I think he was referring to what laramiebob said. Guys, can we stick to music, please? There are plenty of BS political posts in this forum to be a keyboard warrior.
7/18/2021 8:21 PM
Posted by GreasyTony on 7/17/2021 3:10:00 PM (view original):
I voted for 1995. Mad Season - Above, Oasis - What's the Story Morning Glory, Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill, Deftones - Adrenaline, Alice In Chains (tri-pod), The Verve - A Northern Soul, and Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infiinite Sadness, are some of my favorite albums ever!
Forgot Filter - Short Bus, and Our Lady Peace - Naveed!
7/18/2021 11:39 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 7/18/2021 4:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 7/18/2021 3:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 7/18/2021 1:41:00 AM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 7/17/2021 7:16:00 PM (view original):
You're from Canada??? and pick early 70's and use Chicago??????????? as your example. WOW.

Why Not The Guess Who, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, heck even Chilliwack or Red Rider (GREAT Band!!)
Or Bruce Cockburn, or Ian Tyson, etc.

Your musical experience seems as limited as your world views.
Neil swoooooooon

You pick your bands and I will pick mine. You obviously have no real taste in real music.. and the .O.P. doesn't say to choose one from your country. You just like to fight.. for the sake of being a jerk

Your social skills are just... sad
Hahaha ok? Sorry for saying “Neil swooooooon.” Apparently those are fighting words?
Dunno. Maybe explain what Neil swoooooooon means..

As for me, I totally blew the topic. Never did give a year.. so there.. . but Chicago IMO = one of the greatest bands ever
7/19/2021 3:40 PM
It means I swoon for Neil.
7/19/2021 4:16 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 7/19/2021 3:41:00 PM (view original):
You're from Canada??? and pick early 70's and use Chicago??????????? as your example. WOW.

Why Not The Guess Who, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, heck even Chilliwack or Red Rider (GREAT Band!!)

Neil swoooooooon

You pick your bands and I will pick mine. You obviously have no real taste in real music.. and the .O.P. doesn't say to choose one from your country. You just like to fight.. for the sake of being a jerk

Hahaha ok? Sorry for saying “Neil swooooooon.” Apparently those are fighting words?

As for me, I totally blew the topic. Never did give a year.. so there.. . but Chicago IMO = one of the greatest bands ever
Chicago one of the greatest bands ever???? What have you been smoking and did you bring enough for everyone? Chicago wasn't bad, but one of the greatest bands ever?? Ever listen to Blood, Sweat & Tears? They were Chicago with soul.
7/19/2021 6:50 PM
How about 1971? Who's Next - The Who, Aqualung - Jethro Tull, Sticky Fingers - The Stones, Blue - Joni Mitchell, L.A. Woman - The Doors, What's Going On - Marvin Gaye, Led Zeppelin IV - Led Zeppelin, There's a Riot Going On - Sly and the Family Stone, RAM - Paul McCartney, Madman Across the Water - Elton John, Nilsson Schmilsson - Harry Nilsson, Fragile - YES, Tapestry - Carole King, Masters of Reality - Black Sabbath, Imagine - John Lennon, Pearl - Janis Joplin, Mudslide Slim and the Blue Horizon - James Taylor, Tupelo Honey - Van Morrison...I could go on...
7/19/2021 6:57 PM (edited)
Posted by wylie715 on 7/19/2021 6:54:00 PM (view original):
How about 1971? Who's Next - The Who, Aqualung - Jethro Tull, Sticky Fingers - The Stones, Blue - Joni Mitchell, L.A. Woman - The Doors, What's Going On - Marvin Gaye, Led Zeppelin IV - Led Zeppelin, There's a Riot Going On - Sly and the Family Stone, RAM - Paul McCartney, Madman Across the Water - Elton John, Nilsson Schmilsson - Harry Nilsson, Fragile - YES...I could go on...
That’s some solid **** there
7/19/2021 6:56 PM
I added a few more
7/19/2021 6:58 PM
Funny thing is, I just picked 1971 at random.

I suspect you could pick any year between '66 or '67 and about 1973 and have the same kinda (excellent) list of releases.
Maybe even clear into the mid 70's............. right up until disco took over.......... then the whole (music) world took a ****.......... almost anyway.
7/19/2021 7:30 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_in_music

Gotta be 67. Hendrix and Bowie and Velvet Underground and the Doors debut albums, Between the Buttons, John Wesley Harding, Sgt.Peppers, Aretha, Something Else by the Kinks, Blowin Your Mind!, Strange Days, The Who Sell Out, Axis: Bold as Love, etc
7/19/2021 7:43 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 7/19/2021 6:50:00 PM (view original):

Neil swoooooooon

Chicago one of the greatest bands ever???? What have you been smoking and did you bring enough for everyone? Chicago wasn't bad, but one of the greatest bands ever?? Ever listen to Blood, Sweat & Tears? They were Chicago with soul.
CHICAGO before Terry Kath died were Gods. Have some respect man. The 80’s and Cetera soiled the memories, but Kath was a GENIUS.
7/19/2021 8:52 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 7/19/2021 7:30:00 PM (view original):

I suspect you could pick any year between '66 or '67 and about 1973 and have the same kinda (excellent) list of releases.
Maybe even clear into the mid 70's............. right up until disco took over.......... then the whole (music) world took a ****.......... almost anyway.
I looked up all-time selling albums, and 1977 has 3 of the top 9 selling albums ever: Fleetwood Mac - Rumours, Meatloaf - Bat Out of Hell, and the BeeGee's. Not that the last two would make my playlist!
7/19/2021 11:15 PM
Posted by Got_Worms on 7/19/2021 11:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 7/19/2021 7:30:00 PM (view original):

I looked up all-time selling albums, and 1977 has 3 of the top 9 selling albums ever: Fleetwood Mac - Rumours, Meatloaf - Bat Out of Hell, and the BeeGee's. Not that the last two would make my playlist!
https://youtu.be/kR3SLhcbcxo
7/19/2021 11:45 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 7/19/2021 8:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 7/19/2021 6:50:00 PM (view original):

Neil swoooooooon

CHICAGO before Terry Kath died were Gods. Have some respect man. The 80’s and Cetera soiled the memories, but Kath was a GENIUS.
THIS^

Is so right. EARLY C.T.A. is/was fantastic. Then Kath died. C.T.A. became a bad pop band. With too many horns for the aural space.
But the early stuff is great.

SALES figures have NOTHING TO DO with great music.
The FACT that Rumours sold so much is beside the point.
But a list including that LP with Disco era BeeGees and that other piece of garbage just about ruins its legacy by association.
7/20/2021 8:43 AM
I wouldn't say sales figures have nothing to do with great music. Most of the albums discussed in this thread are in the top 100 all-time in album sales. You don't see Nickelback near the top of the list!

I was just curious about album sales and wanted to see what years had multiple top-selling albums. It's a decent barometer to start this discussion.
7/20/2021 10:33 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Best year for new albums Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.