Sorry Son, the league disbanded! Topic

MLB 132170

The Scion League "FATHERS AND SONS' !!

After some thought, and some expression of interest in this thread, I am proud to invite you to join the Scion League. There are at least 250 examples of Father and Son who have played in the Major Leagues. Later in the thread you will see a baseball-almanac page that gives a pretty reliable list.

NOW, some wise SLB veterans had suggested to me that players should be made exclusive. While I gave that some thought, I did realize that there are so many possible combinations (I know from attempting to create my own team), that I don't think there will be too much duplication of players/rosters. The one exception is those fathers who need to bring two sons with them. There are a few less of those.

Moreover (and here's where I wave the flag), I believe in fewer rules, not more rules. The competitive spirit is fostered by people having more liberty to make choices. So we'll keep the restrictions to a minimum. I think this will be an entertaining league. (I know it was fun attempting to put my roster together!)

12 Fathers and 13 (corresponding) Sons - 1 father will need to bring 2 sons
$97M cap
No DH
No WW
No AAA
No Trades
Injuries Off
No Clones (obviously)
Standard 24 team random alignment
All years, All Ballparks.

Come on out and have a catch with Dad!!
8/7/2021 8:59 AM (edited)
There have been at least 250 such combinations!

https://www.baseball-almanac.com/family/fam2.shtml
8/4/2021 7:43 AM
MotorBoatJon........I think it was fatguyrd did an "All in the Family" league where you picked a pair of brothers, father/son, etc. You took one WIS eligible season of each player and twisted those teams. It was a really fun league....I managed Jose Cruz and Jose Cruz Jr. team and it was alot of fun. I think you would be able to fill a league once you decide salary and roster parameters. I would manage a team....thanks.
8/4/2021 9:22 AM
Thanks for the encouragement!!
8/4/2021 11:25 AM
Hey MotorBoatJon...I agree with Mazzilli, I think you'll get enough interest as long as the parameters are wide enough to fill a team adequately and I would manage a team as well....thx
8/4/2021 11:49 AM
Excellent!! Thanks!!

I’m thinking:

$97M cap
No Trades
No WW
No AAA
No DH
No Clones (obviously )

All years
All ballparks!
8/4/2021 12:37 PM
Posted by MotorBoatJon on 8/4/2021 12:37:00 PM (view original):
Excellent!! Thanks!!

I’m thinking:

$97M cap
No Trades
No WW
No AAA
No DH
No Clones (obviously )

All years
All ballparks!
OK...will it be a twist league or make the team from those two particular years? Once a father/son duo is picked are they off the board? Just some food for thought.
8/4/2021 3:20 PM
Hmmm. My own thought it that we don’t need to have exclusivity. There should be enough differences in rosters if it just remains open!

The only themed stipulation is that your 12 fathers need to line up with your 13 sons! And, remain under the salary cap, of course!
8/4/2021 3:49 PM
I think you'll probably have to make the duos exclusive or you may have a lot of duplication...there should be enough available combos to make exclusivity work. That's my 2 cents.
8/4/2021 5:58 PM
Thanks for the guidance Craig479!!
8/4/2021 7:05 PM
Stay tuned!

I will likely create this league on Friday night!
8/5/2021 8:35 AM
THE LEAGUE IS UP!
INCREDIBLY FUN PUTTING MY ROSTER TOGETHER!!

Come Join!!
8/7/2021 9:02 AM
THE LEAGUE IS UP!
INCREDIBLY FUN PUTTING MY ROSTER TOGETHER!!

Come Join!!
8/7/2021 9:02 AM
I will manage a team...thanks.
8/7/2021 11:11 AM
I’m working on one. Should be in soon
8/8/2021 6:48 AM
123 Next ▸
Sorry Son, the league disbanded! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.