Delta Variant Topic

But in the end, I actually agree with Doug. So much so that we should deport not just unvaccinated migrants, but also unvaccinated Americans. Get em out!

Very interesting how vaccines don't work and are a personal choice in one breath, but simultaneously are proof of how dangerous immigrants are in the next.

And for the record, I would support mandating vaccinations for immigration (keeping in mind those who cannot get the vaccine as well).
8/15/2021 11:37 AM
Posted by Uofa2 on 8/15/2021 10:05:00 AM (view original):
Posted by DougOut on 3/13/2020 12:26:00 PM (view original):

From April 12, 2009, to April 10, 2010, in the United States, there were 60.8 million cases of swine flu, as well as 274,304 hospitalizations and 12,469 deaths, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated.

Obama’s acting director of health and human services declaredH1N1 a public health emergency on April 26, 2009. That was when the United States had only 20 confirmed cases of H1N1 and no deaths.

Two days later, the administration made an initial funding requestfor H1N1 to Congress. Eventually $7.65 billion was allocated for a vaccine and other measures.

On Oct. 24, 2009, six months after his administration declared H1N1 a public health emergency, Obama declared it a national emergency.

By then, H1N1 had claimed more than 1,000American lives, according to the CDC.

When Obama made his declaration, thousands of people were lining up in cities across the country to receive vaccinations, as federal officials acknowledged that their vaccination program had gotten off to a slow start, with some states having requested 10 times the amount they had been allotted, the New York Times reported at the time.

TOTAL # of deaths reached over 18,000 in the USA. NOT GOOD. Let's hope we do a better job this time.

Tell me more about how Biden needs to get a handle on this because 600k have died and 30% of republicans refuse to get the vaccine that could help end this though, you ******* schmuck.

Swine Flu Vs. COVID-19: Here's How the Two Pandemics Compare, According to Experts

FYI: COVID-19 is much deadlier than the swine flu pandemic.

By Korin Miller
October 08, 2020

Swine flu and COVID-19 have been repeatedly compared in the past few months, given that they're both pandemics that sparked major panic across the world and in the US. But while these two illnesses have some things in common—symptoms, diagnoses—they're actually quite different on many, many levels.

Swine flu was a novel influenza A (H1N1) virus that emerged in the spring of 2009, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. COVID-19, on the other hand, was a novel coronavirus—so swine flu and COVID-19 are two different types of viruses.

Swine flu was detected first in the US and then spread across the country and eventually the world, and it contained a blend of flu genes that hadn't been previously seen in animals or people, the CDC says. "It was a new virus that jumped from pigs to humans," Dr. Adalja says. But now, swine flu is just another seasonal influenza strain, Dr. Adalja says. That means it comes back every year (don't worry, our flu vaccinehas taken that into account, but more on that later). "The H1N1 2009 influenza strain still circulates every flu season," Michelle DallaPiazza, MD, associate professor at the Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, tells Health.

From April 12, 2009 until April 10, 2010, the CDC estimates that up to 60.8 million people were infected with swine flu. That flu led to an estimated 274,304 hospitalizations, and, according to estimates, 12,469 deaths over the course of that year.

Overall though, "the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has been much more devastating," Dr. DallaPiazza says. "Some of the reasons for that include, we have no existing treatment or prophylaxis for COVID-19 like we did for H1N1 2009, People over 65 most likely had some natural immunity to other H1N1 influenza viruses they had been exposed to many years prior, and most importantly, COVID-19 has a higher infection rate and a higher case-fatality rate."

HERE YA GO U2. GLAD I COULD HELP YOU................YET AGAIN.

8/15/2021 11:46 AM
We already know that, you schmuck. We knew that, we’re aware of it, please tell your 30% of republicans who refuse to get vaccinated.

It’s just 1000% insane how you’re able to be like “not good by Obama, 18k dead, hopefully we can do better!” to skipping an entire presidency apparently and saying “600k are dead now, get this under control Joe! (Which we all know could be done if 30% of republicans weren’t saying they’ll never get vaccinated so how is this Joe’s fault also tell me the president who had the majority of those deaths please and thanks.)”

whatever, man. it’s nauseating conversing with you, you’re a truly horrible human being.
8/15/2021 12:05 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 8/15/2021 12:05:00 PM (view original):
We already know that, you schmuck. We knew that, we’re aware of it, please tell your 30% of republicans who refuse to get vaccinated.

It’s just 1000% insane how you’re able to be like “not good by Obama, 18k dead, hopefully we can do better!” to skipping an entire presidency apparently and saying “600k are dead now, get this under control Joe! (Which we all know could be done if 30% of republicans weren’t saying they’ll never get vaccinated so how is this Joe’s fault also tell me the president who had the majority of those deaths please and thanks.)”

whatever, man. it’s nauseating conversing with you, you’re a truly horrible human being.
They should all wear masks. Right? Problem solved.

By the way......70% of the country is vaccinated so 30% seems about right.
8/15/2021 12:17 PM
Posted by DougOut on 8/15/2021 9:13:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 8/15/2021 12:31:00 AM (view original):
Ok, this whole "I'll wear a mask when you close the border" deal, I assume that's a Fox News kick the past week or 2? I keep seeing it. Aren't they accusing the left of trying to politicize covid?

It doesn't even make sense. Granted, because wealthy nations bought a disproportionate share of early production vaccines the Latin countries are less vaccinated than the US. Outside of Brazil, though, they're maintaining significantly lower community spread through better behavioral compliance. Current 7-day average case rate in the United States are ~38 per 100k per day. Current trends indicate that for the next reporting period this will soar past 40, if not 50. Current case rates in Mexico are under 12/100k/day. The average Mexican coming across the border is less than 1/3 as likely to be infected as somebody already here. He'd be much safer from covid staying over there.
I don't agree.

Search "WHAT ARE THE COVID CASE NUMBERS IN MEXICO" You will quickly see from the chart on top how Mexico went from it's lowest reported numbers in late May to the highest numbers as of Aug. 14th. Your current rate numbers in Mexico are incorrect.

Did you know Mexico is one of only 4 countries in this hemisphere without a travel ban?
Did you know the people coming across the border originate from 88 different countries?

When I saw you post I immediately looked at when and when stories supporting your view originated. Most are in the last week. Particularly the last couple of days. Why do you think that is? They come from NBC - AP - NPR - CNN etc.

I do know most coming across are not vaccinated. That's not good. Are they getting sick? Aren't they being transported throughout the country? Are they part of the data base used to show the spread? Of course they are.

You'll have to excuse me but I'm not buying your story. I'll need to see actual data instead of opinion based on the latest leftist media blitz in a effort to save the Biden administration and his disastrous southern border policy.

Mexico Coronavirus Map and Case Count - The New York ...

Mexico COVID-19 Corona Tracker

Active Covid case numbers soared to record 137,000 Saturday

I'm sorry to burst your "oh, that's just the liberal media" bubble, but I've been on vacation in upstate New York with very poor cell service this week. I posted last night from my bed in my parents' house, where I was picking up my daughters to bring home. I haven't consumed any media of any description this week.

When I saw your original post, I thought "that doesn't jibe with my understanding of how many people are sick." Then I went to the CDC and Mayo Clinic websites and found the most recent reported 7-day average cases in the US and Mexico. I divided those numbers by the population of the countries and multiplied by 100,000. What is your source for the assertion that my numbers are incorrect?
8/15/2021 11:51 PM
I'll make it quick...gotta go to work.

US pop = 328 mil Mex pop = 127 mil

us cases = 43,000 Mex = 17,000 - daily

NOW: Do the math
8/16/2021 5:30 AM
Posted by DougOut on 8/16/2021 5:30:00 AM (view original):
I'll make it quick...gotta go to work.

US pop = 328 mil Mex pop = 127 mil

us cases = 43,000 Mex = 17,000 - daily

NOW: Do the math
So it's not actually the Mexican numbers you disagree with, it's the US numbers. Unfortunately you're making an apples to oranges comparison. You cited the NYT as your top source for numbers previously, and these are actually the headline numbers they list for each of these countries, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as far as good intent. But the numbers are not comparable. Those Mexican numbers are 7-day average. The US numbers are 1-day reporting, from a Sunday. Reporting is always low on Sundays. The 7-day average in the US - which I stated was what I was using in my original post - was 124k at the time of the post. It is now over 130k. That 43,000 is just a reporting anomaly and not representative of current trends.
8/17/2021 12:26 AM
Now what Dougie??

Gonna admit you are wrong (again!)?
Or so biased you can't even use statistics fairly?
Or just a paid troll.
8/17/2021 8:42 AM
Who would pay someone to troll the 7 active users in this forum?
8/17/2021 10:37 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 8/17/2021 8:42:00 AM (view original):
Now what Dougie??

Or just a paid troll.
her answer

when pigs fly
whats a straristic
the day i get paid is the day i find new memes
8/17/2021 10:39 AM
Posted by DougOut on 8/15/2021 11:46:00 AM (view original):

From April 12, 2009, to April 10, 2010, in the United States, there were 60.8 million cases of swine flu, as well as 274,304 hospitalizations and 12,469 deaths, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated.

Obama’s acting director of health and human services declaredH1N1 a public health emergency on April 26, 2009. That was when the United States had only 20 confirmed cases of H1N1 and no deaths.

Two days later, the administration made an initial funding requestfor H1N1 to Congress. Eventually $7.65 billion was allocated for a vaccine and other measures.

On Oct. 24, 2009, six months after his administration declared H1N1 a public health emergency, Obama declared it a national emergency.

When Obama made his declaration, thousands of people were lining up in cities across the country to receive vaccinations, as federal officials acknowledged that their vaccination program had gotten off to a slow start, with some states having requested 10 times the amount they had been allotted, the New York Times reported at the time.

TOTAL # of deaths reached over 18,000 in the USA. NOT GOOD. Let's hope we do a better job this time.

Tell me more about how Biden needs to get a handle on this because 600k have died and 30% of republicans refuse to get the vaccine that could help end this though, you ******* schmuck.

Swine Flu Vs. COVID-19: Here's How the Two Pandemics Compare, According to Experts

By Korin Miller
October 08, 2020

Swine flu and COVID-19 have been repeatedly compared in the past few months, given that they're both pandemics that sparked major panic across the world and in the US. But while these two illnesses have some things in common—symptoms, diagnoses—they're actually quite different on many, many levels.

Swine flu was a novel influenza A (H1N1) virus that emerged in the spring of 2009, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. COVID-19, on the other hand, was a novel coronavirus—so swine flu and COVID-19 are two different types of viruses.

Swine flu was detected first in the US and then spread across the country and eventually the world, and it contained a blend of flu genes that hadn't been previously seen in animals or people, the CDC says. "It was a new virus that jumped from pigs to humans," Dr. Adalja says. But now, swine flu is just another seasonal influenza strain, Dr. Adalja says. That means it comes back every year (don't worry, our flu vaccinehas taken that into account, but more on that later). "The H1N1 2009 influenza strain still circulates every flu season," Michelle DallaPiazza, MD, associate professor at the Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, tells Health.

From April 12, 2009 until April 10, 2010, the CDC estimates that up to 60.8 million people were infected with swine flu. That flu led to an estimated 274,304 hospitalizations, and, according to estimates, 12,469 deaths over the course of that year.

Overall though, "the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has been much more devastating," Dr. DallaPiazza says. "Some of the reasons for that include, we have no existing treatment or prophylaxis for COVID-19 like we did for H1N1 2009, People over 65 most likely had some natural immunity to other H1N1 influenza viruses they had been exposed to many years prior, and most importantly, COVID-19 has a higher infection rate and a higher case-fatality rate."

You sound scared half to death. Unplug the computer and live a little. You can study this thing until your hair falls out.. but it will not add one minute to your life, nor one happy moment. Think about this. Human misery is at an all time high.. Just look around you
8/17/2021 11:00 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 8/17/2021 8:42:00 AM (view original):
Now what Dougie??

Or just a paid troll.
There are 3 or 4 guys who troll here all day long. One of them is exceedingly annoying, but Doug is NOT on that list.

FYI, the kill rate on CO 19 is less than one percent. Meanwhile, go poop your pants. and YOU sir, don't understand how stat's cam be twisted to meet an agenda. You aren't alone though. Most of the country is with you. You also don't understand what is being done to us. I wish it were not so
8/17/2021 11:06 AM (edited)
Posted by dahsdebater on 8/17/2021 10:37:00 AM (view original):
George Soros!
8/17/2021 11:34 AM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 8/17/2021 11:00:00 AM (view original):
Posted by DougOut on 8/15/2021 11:46:00 AM (view original):

By Korin Miller
October 08, 2020

You sound scared half to death. Unplug the computer and live a little. You can study this thing until your hair falls out.. but it will not add one minute to your life, nor one happy moment. Think about this. Human misery is at an all time high.. Just look around you
El oh el
8/17/2021 12:11 PM
Posted by bronxcheer on 8/17/2021 11:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 8/17/2021 10:37:00 AM (view original):
George Soros!
Ha!
8/17/2021 12:12 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Delta Variant Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.