How does 1 WE balance with blues and greens in other key categories? What wins out? So far, zero growth in anything so it looks like the work ethic governs all

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=4886103
8/5/2021 7:30 AM
Think of the blues and greens as defining the cap of what a rating can reach. WE is more how quickly your player will progress toward those projected ratings.

I don't have data on it, but it's pretty unlikely that a player with such a low WE will reach those projections. Anyone under a 20 WE progresses pretty slowly.
8/5/2021 9:52 AM
Blues and greens are not positives when you’re looking at a player with single digit WE, especially when you’re looking at under 5. You want a player who is fully developed, for the most part, at least in the categories that are important to you for their position, because you’re not going to get much growth from them, even after 4 years. If it’s a guy who’s sitting at 7+, and you can focus on 2-3 categories and zero out everything else (and especially if you can start him as a freshman and sophomore, and maybe get him up above 12 WE by the time he’s an upperclassman), you might see *some* kind of decent growth in those limited categories. (That’s why I like to see red and yellow on low WE players I’m recruiting, those are attributes I can zero out without losing ground). But at 1, those guys stay where they are, even if you start them.

Potential without work ethic is fool’s gold.
8/5/2021 10:50 AM (edited)
https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=4766504

Beginning WE of 1. Started every game for 3+ seasons. WE up to 3. Overall rating down 18 points.
Freshman: in-season +3, off-season -13
Soph: in-season +6, off-season -11
Junior: in-season +9, off-season -15
8/5/2021 11:49 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I documented a lot of low WE guys, search for them if you want.

The short version is low WE, high potential , lots of minutes will get you a few points each year of growth and maybe 10 for a career.
8/19/2021 7:06 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.