The part that pertains to us:

Simleague Basketball

1. Dynamic Pricing
  2. State Farm Fix
  3. Fixing some historic player ratings
  4. New awards/accolades for coaches

Dynamic pricing will be the death of the ODL & the $52m draft. RIP
8/5/2021 10:18 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Can someone explain what they mean by dynamic pricing?
8/6/2021 9:32 AM
Over time as everybody drafts the same guy (LeBron say) that guy's price goes up relative to everyone else - the intention is to make it so other guys get used more and that popular guy gets used less so then you find another guy whose stats do close to what Lebron's do but he costs a lot less than Lebron so you use him instead and then others catch on and do the same thing so that guys price goes up too

price the stats right - make sure the stats impact outcomes in a balanced way - address exploits as they arise
8/6/2021 2:39 PM (edited)
Posted by ncih on 8/5/2021 10:51:00 PM (view original):
Dynamic Pricing will be a disaster.
Yep. It certainly was in the mlb sim.
8/6/2021 2:25 PM
did anyone want this? I think rob and ben had been in contact but I would be surprised if they wanted this - I think this must be something from on high (or at least from another more popular sport)?
8/6/2021 2:38 PM
It looks like they are making this change for baseball and football as well
8/6/2021 2:57 PM
I know I don't want it. You would think that if 90% of the people here say please don't do it they would listen to us, but.............
8/6/2021 2:58 PM
if you look up the definition of the word moribund you will see a picture of the NFL sim - this must be a baseball thing but they tried it already and by all accounts it was ruinous

as were the effects of most other MLB sim innovations they've tried to apply to the other sports in the past
8/6/2021 3:06 PM
I am in limited contact with Chris and have reiterated that dynamic pricing is a bad idea. He seems receptive to feedback and willing to listen. I don't think simleague basketball is a huge priority (right now), but trust me when I say I will be doing everything I can to advocate for a better sim and will be pushing a lot of the ideas everyone here has shared to him.
8/6/2021 3:17 PM
thank you
8/6/2021 3:24 PM
Latest message from admin Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.