HBD League of Legends Topic

And only 1 person can break out even (as if that would ever happen, nahhhhhhh).
9/16/2021 5:11 PM
Yeah, after reading it again, the rebalancing part doesn't make any sense. What's the purpose of the prospect aspect of the game if they're just gonna get divvyed up in year six? If you take out the rebalance, it makes sense to take a really long term investment approach to the league... until you look at the payouts and then it just isn't worth it.

Take out the minors or take out the rebalance and up the payouts to encourage owners to stay long term and weather the down years.
9/16/2021 5:12 PM
Posted by buddy996 on 9/16/2021 5:08:00 PM (view original):
Let me get this straight. I have to play five 5 season sets at $250 per set = I pay $1250 to play. If I win first , I get $1000, plus if I win the WS all five times, I win another $250, so at best, I break out even. Love the idea, but it needs some work.
might want to reread that. it's $250. not $250/season.
9/16/2021 5:12 PM
I would definitely do it
9/16/2021 5:17 PM
Definitely interested
9/16/2021 5:17 PM
Posted by broadwayevns on 9/16/2021 4:49:00 PM (view original):
I love the idea of a premiere league, relegation, and higher stakes/prize scenarios. That said having a 5 season cycle that resets every 5 seasons would seem to break a lot of the dynasty aspects of the game (why would anyone spend on HS prospects for example, or any prospects/draftees in seasons 3-5 of the cycle). I think a better idea would be an annual relegation and perhaps a second world to move the top/bottom X number of teams up and down or off of the bottom league
Agree with Broadway's comments above and Brianplath's earlier concerns.

I love the idea of a premier league as well, but I think this setup encourages each owner to play a dynasty game as if it's a trading card game. A world like this will see lots of trades and trade vetoes.

If it didn't reset every five seasons, id join, but with this setup, prospects have little value.
9/16/2021 5:18 PM
It definitely says that after the first set of 5 season: " The rest of the owners have the option to pay the league fee again to be a part of the next set of 5 seasons "

9/16/2021 5:21 PM
But I believe I got the payout wrong, it may be $1000 per each set of 5 seasons.
9/16/2021 5:22 PM
Which means I would make out like a bandit, lol (yeah, right).
9/16/2021 5:23 PM
Why not just have a premier league with Premier payouts and premier requirements to join? No resets, no special payouts. Just one premier league where the buy ins are exactly 10 times more than normal and the payouts are exactly ten times more than normal. Then, if it's successful, create another one. Make the requirements higher too though -- .525 overall record; 1 as ring; 30+ HBD seasons; etc.

Can purchase 1 season of Premier League for $250 or if I want to buy a ten season premier pack, it can be $2000 for buying in bulk.
9/16/2021 5:39 PM (edited)
If each set of 5 seasons is a set and payout by itself, why would anyone have to eliminated?
9/16/2021 5:29 PM
Posted by jholthus on 9/16/2021 4:13:00 PM (view original):

Hello Everyone,

With the MLB playoffs quickly approaching the WIS staff has been busy trying to think of a fun, new idea for HBD. We thought, wouldn't it be great to provide users with great rewards? Wouldn’t it be great to see who can truly be a dynasty building GM? Wouldn’t it be great if someone could call themselves the best of the best?

We’ve come up with an idea to see who can be successful at Hardball’s version of the Premier League. This would be an “exclusive” league dedicated to experienced, successful owners to go head to head for a chance to not only crown themselves league champion, and be engraved in the HBD/WIS history books but also earn some pretty awesome rewards by doing so.

Eligible owners would need to meet the following criteria to be eligible to enter the league.

1. 20+ HBD seasons completed

2. 1+ World Series ring

3. 1+ Active HBD franchise

The league rules would be pretty simple. Evenly matched teams would be created. This would be like a normal HBD season where trades, draft, budgeting and of course winning all still play a role, the catch… you only have 5 seasons to achieve as much success as you possibly can. At the end of the 5 seasons, the bottom 6 owners (by win %/overall success) are relegated out of the league. The rest of the owners have the option to pay the league fee again to be a part of the next set of 5 seasons. After each set of 5 seasons the league is “reset” where the teams are evenly balanced again and everyone gets a clean slate to try to win.

What is the league fee you ask? Well the investment you would make to be a part of this league would be an upfront total of $250 for the 5 season cycle. This ensures that for a minimum of 5 seasons there won’t be waiting for the world to refill, there won’t be new owners coming in and messing up franchises in the middle of the season and everyone is in it to win it.

I haven’t even gotten to the best part of this exclusive relegation league yet. Not only would you get normal HBD rewards/payouts for success, but we have decided to sweeten the pot even more. Additional payouts at the end of the 5 season cycle would be given out as follows:

1st place - $1000

2nd place - $600

3rd place - $300

4th and 5th place - $100 in WIS site credit

We would like to get the ball rolling on this ASAP and wanted to get user feedback to see if this is an idea that the community would be on board with.

Yes
9/16/2021 5:35 PM
Posted by buddy996 on 9/16/2021 5:29:00 PM (view original):
If each set of 5 seasons is a set and payout by itself, why would anyone have to eliminated?
To allow another group of 6 to get in
9/16/2021 5:35 PM
Posted by buddy996 on 9/16/2021 5:21:00 PM (view original):
It definitely says that after the first set of 5 season: " The rest of the owners have the option to pay the league fee again to be a part of the next set of 5 seasons "

$1,250 is 25 seasons. Every 5 seasons is $250.
9/16/2021 5:39 PM
Posted by jholthus on 9/16/2021 4:13:00 PM (view original):

Hello Everyone,

With the MLB playoffs quickly approaching the WIS staff has been busy trying to think of a fun, new idea for HBD. We thought, wouldn't it be great to provide users with great rewards? Wouldn’t it be great to see who can truly be a dynasty building GM? Wouldn’t it be great if someone could call themselves the best of the best?

We’ve come up with an idea to see who can be successful at Hardball’s version of the Premier League. This would be an “exclusive” league dedicated to experienced, successful owners to go head to head for a chance to not only crown themselves league champion, and be engraved in the HBD/WIS history books but also earn some pretty awesome rewards by doing so.

Eligible owners would need to meet the following criteria to be eligible to enter the league.

1. 20+ HBD seasons completed

2. 1+ World Series ring

3. 1+ Active HBD franchise

The league rules would be pretty simple. Evenly matched teams would be created. This would be like a normal HBD season where trades, draft, budgeting and of course winning all still play a role, the catch… you only have 5 seasons to achieve as much success as you possibly can. At the end of the 5 seasons, the bottom 6 owners (by win %/overall success) are relegated out of the league. The rest of the owners have the option to pay the league fee again to be a part of the next set of 5 seasons. After each set of 5 seasons the league is “reset” where the teams are evenly balanced again and everyone gets a clean slate to try to win.

What is the league fee you ask? Well the investment you would make to be a part of this league would be an upfront total of $250 for the 5 season cycle. This ensures that for a minimum of 5 seasons there won’t be waiting for the world to refill, there won’t be new owners coming in and messing up franchises in the middle of the season and everyone is in it to win it.

I haven’t even gotten to the best part of this exclusive relegation league yet. Not only would you get normal HBD rewards/payouts for success, but we have decided to sweeten the pot even more. Additional payouts at the end of the 5 season cycle would be given out as follows:

1st place - $1000

2nd place - $600

3rd place - $300

4th and 5th place - $100 in WIS site credit

We would like to get the ball rolling on this ASAP and wanted to get user feedback to see if this is an idea that the community would be on board with.

Absolutely in.
9/16/2021 5:44 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...13 Next ▸
HBD League of Legends Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.