HBD League of Legends Topic

Yes
9/16/2021 8:02 PM
I guess we need a better understanding of what they are thinking, or are they just looking for other suggestions? I still do not understand why they would want to drop out anyone. We are probably taking of hundreds and hundreds of people in this tournament.
9/16/2021 8:05 PM
Or do they only want 32?
9/16/2021 8:06 PM
Posted by bripat42 on 9/16/2021 7:41:00 PM (view original):
I like the idea in general, but the 5-season reset means it's not really Hardball Dynasty. No one -- or almost no one -- will invest in the draft or IFAs or any kind of long-term development, certainly not after the first or second season of the 5-season cycle. Others in the thread have addressed this flaw.

As well, if HBD is genuinely serious about this, HBD staff needs to serve as an independent commissioner -- and that should include handling trade protests. Plenty of owners already try to abuse the "trade veto" mechanism as a means to block trades they don't like. With more at stake, such actions only would increase, thus one of the reasons an independent commissioner would be beneficial.

As well, how would AWOL owners be handled? It's naive to think they won't be a factor just because the price and the stakes are higher. Especially as Season 5 is winding down, if an owner knows he'll be relegated out, he may just go on autopilot and bail out, and that impacts the rest of the league.

These are just off the top of my head. I think there likely are a lot of issues that either haven't been thought through or the plan for handling them hasn't been shared with us.
This post exactly summarizes my concerns. Additionally, it's not just late in season 5 that people will go AWOL; there will be owners 100 games behind after season 3 that will bail, leaving ghost ships around for 2 seasons.
9/16/2021 8:09 PM
100% in
9/16/2021 8:10 PM
I’m in
9/16/2021 8:13 PM
I’d be interested
9/16/2021 8:16 PM
Posted by klown61455 on 9/16/2021 7:57:00 PM (view original):
I’m Interested so, most of you should probably reconsider
There we go! Klown should be used to playing in my shadow by now this will be comfortable for him!
9/16/2021 8:39 PM
I am intrigued and interested by this idea.
9/16/2021 8:45 PM
Posted by tlowster on 9/16/2021 5:39:00 PM (view original):
Why not just have a premier league with Premier payouts and premier requirements to join? No resets, no special payouts. Just one premier league where the buy ins are exactly 10 times more than normal and the payouts are exactly ten times more than normal. Then, if it's successful, create another one. Make the requirements higher too though -- .525 overall record; 1 as ring; 30+ HBD seasons; etc.

Can purchase 1 season of Premier League for $250 or if I want to buy a ten season premier pack, it can be $2000 for buying in bulk.
I never thought I’d say this but I like tlowster’s idea.

edit: although realistically the premier league should be free. Normal prize structure and every 5 seasons the bottom half teams get cut. First 32 owners are the most winning owners in HBD, then every 5 seasons after that is a random draw if you fit the criteria.
9/16/2021 9:04 PM
It’s definitely interesting, but the draft/INT/DITR & prospect development is my favorite part of the game and like others have mentioned this kind of eliminates that. You’re kind of playing a different game. Different strategies and everything
9/16/2021 9:05 PM
I'm interested.
9/16/2021 9:15 PM
I like it
9/16/2021 9:36 PM
I like it
9/16/2021 9:36 PM
Would injuries be turned off? Game is already a coin flip without adding in arbitrary injuries.
9/16/2021 9:45 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...13 Next ▸
HBD League of Legends Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.