HBD League of Legends Topic

Very interested in the relegation aspect. However, wouldn't play if teams are reset every 5 years. Effectively removing relevance of draft and int'l free agency. Limiting strategies. Also, lack of understanding of how some factors truly influence the game (coaching, scouting, manager settings, etc) and lack of transparency on when they are tweaked would become even more frustrating (as their importance would be amplified).
9/17/2021 9:17 AM
I'd probably be interested
9/17/2021 9:26 AM
Yes, I would be interested!
9/17/2021 9:26 AM
With so many players interested, seems they should have many different leagues all starting at once. After the first set of 5 seasons, I don't know why they just don't merge leagues with the players that want to move on so the AD and IP would have some meaning and keep the game as close to what it is now.
9/17/2021 10:13 AM
That would allow them to reject the bottom teams from moving on (however many they need to reject to keep all leagues at 32) instead of a set number of 6.
9/17/2021 10:15 AM
Since some players would probably not want to continue (or be able to continue due to sickness or whatever), your chances of starting a new season with a multiple of 32 is very, very, very unlikely.
9/17/2021 10:18 AM
And six years is a long time. How about cutting it down to 3 sets of 5 seasons, they would only be around 4 years
9/17/2021 10:28 AM
I’m interested! Sounds fun but definitely would like to hear some more details on gameplay since everything resets after 5 seasons. Are Minor leagues taken into account? How does the Draft, Free Agency, coach hiring, etc. work during that 5 yr period? For instance some people like to slowly bring their draft picks up through minors so in 5 seasons owners with that mind set might only get year 1 & 2 picks up to the ML. Just some curious thoughts. I’m still interested and think it would an entertaining 5 seasons.
9/17/2021 10:30 AM
Interested but the rake is pretty outrageous.
9/17/2021 10:51 AM
Another thought, how about doubling the entry fee to $50 per season and playing only one season at a time (then renew your commitment) and doubling the winners payout ($50 for WS appearance, etc.). They could still give a special bonus for the winner at a set amount to be determined later.
What if after they take in all our $250 fees, they take in thousands and thousands of our dollars, sell the company, and the new company stops the tournament altogether, saying they didn't start it and don't have the money and are not obligated to pay anything back or complete the tournament. I need a life, lol
9/17/2021 11:00 AM
I'm interested.
9/17/2021 11:34 AM
I'm interested.
9/17/2021 11:35 AM
It looks dumb to me. It is over 5 seasons only, then a reset with new teams. So why would anyone build up the franchise? 0 on scouting for prospects will be the norm and huge bidding wars for FA's. Also, expensive relative to the prize money.
9/17/2021 11:49 AM
Seems pretty expensive relative to payout, also as others mentioned it takes away from the "Dynasty " build concepts that is a big part of the game.

TThe concept of a high cost high return lease is interesting, but maybe it'd be better if it was set up as a
50 dollar per season cost of entry
Annual awards of
500 for world series winners,
250 for ws loser
100 for lcs series loser

Any owner with two consecutive 100 loss seasons gets "fired"
9/17/2021 12:19 PM
Love the concept, but agree with the two main critiques: (1) the cost / payoff ratio is way off and (2) 80% of the enjoyment of the game for me is the long-term building, which get eliminated here. One solution for #2, the six new owners still have to pay the $250, but it buys them 10 seasons, but they inherit the old team's roster. In other words, they can use the first 3 seasons or so reshaping the roster before they have to compete.
9/17/2021 12:22 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...13 Next ▸
HBD League of Legends Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.