Let's Build a Theme Together (DEAD) Topic

that would make the crappy catcher arms less of a problem!
9/28/2021 11:50 AM
Posted by midknight on 9/28/2021 10:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by contrarian23 on 9/27/2021 9:58:00 PM (view original):
OK, I think I'm caught up... have tried to capture the essence of the most recent rules in the list on page 1. Let me know if I have gotten it wrong.
Clarifying questions on Rule #8: Can we draft a player with an OF "primary" position and an IF slot as "secondary" as one of the 10 provided we use that player as one of the 10 infielders? For example, could I draft '56 Dick Williams and designate/play him as one of my players at 1B, but also rotate him into the OF if needed to address other OF's rest needs?
My ruling is that is fine. The rule is you need 2 players rated at catcher with 150-450 PA, two different players rated at 1B with 150-450 PA, two different 2B, two different 3B, and two different SS. How you end up using them during the season is entirely up to you.
9/28/2021 12:04 PM
Posted by tomhanrahan on 9/28/2021 11:50:00 AM (view original):
that would make the crappy catcher arms less of a problem!
that's why I did it, otherwise everyone would have the same roster of great base stealers
9/28/2021 12:08 PM
What is "draft-your-own AAA (all AAA must comply with all theme rules)"? I've never drafted my own AAA before
9/28/2021 5:44 PM
Posted by tomhanrahan on 9/28/2021 5:44:00 PM (view original):
What is "draft-your-own AAA (all AAA must comply with all theme rules)"? I've never drafted my own AAA before
After you complete your 25 man roster, a section will appear below your roster with slots to draft a handful of hitters and pitchers. You will use these slots to draft your AAA players in the same manner you drafted your original 25. They will be real life players and you will draft them according to the 16 stated theme rules. The "draft your own AAA" is an option available in the theme league settings.
9/28/2021 6:18 PM
thanks!
9/28/2021 7:08 PM
the "no 30+ SB season" rule made my rule of "ban the cookies" almost irrelevant, as most of the 5 cookies had over 30 SB. Now my rule is effectively "no 1995 Wade Boggs"
9/29/2021 3:29 PM
Honestly the salary cap (and dynamic pricing) rendered that particular rule less relevant. At 60M I don’t think we were going to see any of those players anyway.
9/29/2021 4:23 PM
I'll hop in with the D-Train rule. All teams will roster Dontrelle Willis. Why? Because that dude was awesome. His endless smiles and positive attitude reminded me of Mark "the Bird" Fidrych. And baseball needs as many positive fun-loving players as possible. Plus it was a blast watching him play in Miami. Go D-Train!
9/29/2021 11:29 PM
Welcome trumbull. Just need 4 more. Who's next?
9/30/2021 7:27 AM
Surprised this hasn't filled already...I know there are more intrepid, creative souls who can lend a good idea to this theme!
10/2/2021 6:12 PM
We seem to have stalled. I'm gonna give this another day or two to see if we regain momentum.
10/3/2021 7:06 PM
OK, we've had no signups for several days, and I am going to kill this for now. I may slightly restructure the rules and start again in a couple of weeks. Thank you all for your interest.
10/6/2021 1:13 PM
For whatever it's worth ... I seriously considered joining but it was such a narrow pool and thus, intense competition ... I didn't feel qualified.

However ... the, in my opinion interesting, rule I was going to propose was each team received an additional $10M in salary AFTER the draft ... that could only be spent on free agents AFTER the All-Star Break. Call it the "Reinforcements Rule" which would have also help offset the sting of the initially low $60M cap.

10/7/2021 12:03 PM
Posted by gworear on 10/7/2021 12:03:00 PM (view original):
For whatever it's worth ... I seriously considered joining but it was such a narrow pool and thus, intense competition ... I didn't feel qualified.

However ... the, in my opinion interesting, rule I was going to propose was each team received an additional $10M in salary AFTER the draft ... that could only be spent on free agents AFTER the All-Star Break. Call it the "Reinforcements Rule" which would have also help offset the sting of the initially low $60M cap.

My opinion, the $60M cap was a deterrent to the average WIS player. I know some love them, but I am not a fan. I believe it diminished interest in this theme. I thought the theme was a great concept, but if there is an effort to try again, maybe more language around limiting theme rules that are very restrictive.
10/7/2021 1:06 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Let's Build a Theme Together (DEAD) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.