Awesome Nostalgia! Topic

Posted by lostnfound74 on 9/29/2021 10:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jetson21 on 9/29/2021 7:48:00 PM (view original):
Another show that is pre- 1960 that gets no attention,
it’s always Lucy Lucy Lucy and The Honeymooners, is Sgt Bilko with the great Phil Silvers. This is must see TV and holds up perfect today.
Yes there was Mr Roberts but there would have been no McHales Navy or maybe Hogan’s Hero’s without Sgt Bilko. Great writing a la the great sitcoms of the early 60s - Dick Van ****....My Favorite Martian.....Hazel.....Dennis The Menace.....Mr. Ed.....
Mister Ed. Yes. My fav Martian, if I remember right was with Robin Williams

1981 - Oval Office
who is on the phone ?
No sir Wu is not in the phone. Yasser.
I said who is on the phone. Tell me right now who is on the phone.
Yes sir. Wu is on the phone.
Let me speak to Wu.
No sir, Wu is not on the phone.
Did someone call?
Yes sir.
And who is it ?
No sir Yasser
Stop saying yes sir
yes sir
is someone on the phone
yes sir yasser......

Robin Williams was on the 1970s sitcom - Mork and Mindy - Pam Dauber - but the great Jonathen Winters
was on the show playing their son.

The stars of My Favorite Martian were Bill Bixby and the wonderfully talented but underrated Ray Walston.

I try to watch an episode on Roku - they have all 3 seasons - I think it is high deffed because it is a nice crisp picture - each morning with morning coffee and oatmeal or Post Bran Flakes maybe a bagel.
BTW - for sugar conscious people there is now very low sugar flavored oatmeal or even no sugar oatmeal in some supermarkets.
9/30/2021 12:46 AM (edited)
Dino = Jetson
9/30/2021 5:54 AM
I just finished watching yesterday the first episode of the first season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and it just might be the greatest debut episode of any television show I have ever seen.
I mention it here because it takes place in the mid 50s New York. Incredible directing and picturesque 50s filmography.
And last but not least you get to meet Lenny Bruce - no caricature. It feels like the real thing. He resembles him pretty good facially not as handsome as the young pre hard drugs Lenny and more like mid 60s Lenny but there is definitely some of the look but his voice is pitch and sound perfect and he has the mannerisms down. You get more then the sense of the man.
If anyone is interested in the underground comedy circuit in New York City mid fifties away from the borsht belt and want to learn about Lenny Bruce in his early days and early prime you have got to see this show!
9/30/2021 4:27 PM (edited)
Dino = Jetson
9/30/2021 4:24 PM
Posted by bronxcheer on 9/30/2021 4:24:00 PM (view original):
Dino = Jetson
Astro = Flintstone???
9/30/2021 5:20 PM
SCREW THIS, The thing won't even hold a picture.. and I can't copy - paste a short 3 min clip
10/1/2021 1:28 AM
I created this thread for those who can relate to earlier decades, and the music that went with the time, and also what life was at the time. I did NOT make this thread so YOU can come in and post your usual gratuitous trash talk (@RSP777) SO unless you can post something sensible, please stay out
10/4/2021 6:25 PM
Be careful he will try to suspend you.
That’s the kind of little maggot that he is.
10/4/2021 6:38 PM
Dino = Jetson
10/4/2021 7:12 PM
Posted by Jetson21 on 10/4/2021 6:38:00 PM (view original):
Be careful he will try to suspend you.
That’s the kind of little maggot that he is.
Not a maggot. Christ died for him too. He got himself susp' though. He is his own biggest problem, but not my problem. Hope he eventually figures it out
10/15/2021 3:00 AM
Anyone here remember Oct 1957? Seems the world was all upset because Russia had launched Sputnik, the world's first satellite

I went through their display in Vancouver Expo 86. It was dark, gloomy and so totally depressing. So umm Commie like. This Army guy is talking about their more recent expired satellite, which was on display, and I says. Awesome! I remember making one of those in my Grade 11 science project. Old Russian Officer didn't know what to do next. Lol.

Those guys LOVED being here. They got to eat real food and walk wherever they wished.. Poor clowns had to leave right after. Great summer though.

and I was so young.. and what I miss most is that I knew everything
10/15/2021 3:09 AM (edited)
Some things never change!
10/15/2021 9:53 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 10/15/2021 9:53:00 AM (view original):
Some things never change!
Thanks, L Bob. (like I need the reminder)
10/16/2021 4:17 AM
Gracias! Hope you have a great weekend!
10/16/2021 9:17 AM
◂ Prev 123
Awesome Nostalgia! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.