After a week in the hospital with Covid, I have been sent home. To the couple of you who knew about this and sent me good wishes, I am sorry I couldn't respond sooner but your kind thoughts and words were greatly appreciated. I am already getting up there in years and was waiting for my booster shot but Delta got me first. The doctors said that if I were not vaccinated, I would not have survived. To me that is proof they work and I would encourage anyone still on the fence to get the shots. The vaccine is not going to kill you but Covid might.
From personal experience, Covid sucks big time. I am exhausted all the time now and how much I participate in WIS in the near term is up in the air. Glad to see my teams can suck just fine without me. Be well everyone.
10/1/2021 11:25 AM
glad to hear you're doing better!
10/1/2021 11:31 AM
Good to hear that you survived Ric. Sorry "it" got you.
Oh, and thanks for speaking UP and out.
10/1/2021 11:56 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Ric best wishes on your road back to health!
10/1/2021 3:03 PM
Let me add my voice to the best wishes, Ric. Get better soon, and when you're ready to play again hopefully Random Captain will have one of your beloved Yankees waiting for you!
10/1/2021 3:09 PM
Best wishes on your recovery road
10/1/2021 3:18 PM
Great news!
10/1/2021 3:52 PM
Get well soon
10/1/2021 8:07 PM
Glad you're home now trident, and feeling somewhat better.
10/1/2021 10:35 PM
Rick, so glad to hear you've been released from the hospital and on the road to recovery! You sent me a site mail a while back advising to get the vaccine because of age and health issues. Your message of "It might not keep you from getting covid, but it might save your life" helped convince me to go ahead and get the shots. I thank you for caring enough to take the time to give me advice.

I wish you as speedy a recovery as possible!
10/2/2021 3:13 AM
Good to hear that you are recovering and thanks for the vaccination validation. By sharing your story here, you may have saved a life.
10/2/2021 4:06 PM
Glad to hear you're feeling better Rick! Thanks for sharing!
10/2/2021 11:48 PM
Hope all is better now. COVID sounds awful. Thanks Ric for sharing your story and testament about the need to be vaccinated, no matter “your right” not to.
10/4/2021 2:02 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.