Tom Brady Topic

Everytime i watch an NFL I see some big play I never saw before or some bone head penalty at crucial times.
One in a million in Football the game with a ball that is not round is a ridiculous phrase to use to make a point and the do called lucky plays usually even out throughout a game.

If the team put itself in the position to win at the end it does not matter how it happens.
2/6/2022 8:29 AM
I agree with most of what Dahs has offered here.
Except for the Elway comment.
For about 25 years I lived in Washington State and saw the Seahawks play (AFC West for most of That time) each week.
They played The Broncos twice each year.
For many of those years The Seattle QB was Dave Kreig and the Broncos QB was Elway.
Both decent QB's but Elway far superior in most areas.

BOTH were prone to HUGE mistakes with the football. Kreig fumbled all the time (seemed like). I believe He actually had small hands which resulted in an inability to hold onto the football when hit.
Elway could erupt for 350 yards BUT he was prone to huge gafs. The most awful interceptions I'd seen at that time since Bert Jones trying to throw it THRU some linebacker.
Of course, I hadn't seen the Kyler Murray interception yet!!

Of course, late in his career, Elway got smarter, The Broncos surrounded him with a better team and He won 2 SB's.
Still, IMO, he's not even close to Brady, Or Bradshaw, Or even Montana...............

Manning was OK but perhaps the most OVER rated QB in modern NFL history.
And don't even get me started on Rodgers..................

Selfish ballplayers don't make good leaders.
That's Rodgers in a nutshell............going back all the way to his college days with the Golden Bears.
IF you're starting a team around one player and you pick Rodgers............. you're sunk from the gitgo!
2/6/2022 9:10 AM
whaaaaaaaaaat i thought you were a new mexico native of the hide in the cliffs variety

do not forget his predecessor Zorn who was possibly even more inept

oh oh and then Rick Mirer the wienie arm scramble dam mountain goat who succeeded Kreig

it was a tough first two decades

2/6/2022 11:39 AM
LOL!

I had forgotten Mirer.
probably my brain working at survival.

In the early days it was all about marketing...........
I'm surprised somewhat they didn't pry Sonny Sixkiller out of obscurity to heave wobbly "bullets" at the defense...............
Remember the time Coach Patera (we called him Patumpa back in the day...) had placekicker Effren Herrera throw a 4th down pass out of FG formation??
Funny thing is.........the damn play worked for a key 1st down!
Can't remember who caught the ball............kinda think it was Zorn himself..........which makes it a completion from the kicker to the QB.
That Patumpa.........he was something..........
2/6/2022 12:11 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 2/6/2022 5:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 2/5/2022 10:37:00 PM (view original):
No, I don't think a thread about Tom Brady is out of place on a sports website.
but Wylie, this IS a NoN Sports forum. You can read that, right??

In case you missed it, I copied it from the Title:

Non-Sports
Non-Sports

Are you able to see it now?
yes, I can read, Canuck. It says
Non-Sports
Want to talk about something besides sports? Here's the place for that.

Nowhere does it say you can not talk about sports here, does it? Just that you can talk about other topics here. Can you read?
2/6/2022 2:20 PM
Posted by tangplay on 2/3/2022 2:30:00 PM (view original):
OK, give examples of other QB's being as lucky as Brady. I gave 4 examples where the game is OVER if not for a wacky 1 in a million coincidence that was out of Brady's control. Can you do that with anyone else?
You really are stupid. How about all the times receivers dropped passes that Brady threw? How about the two screens James White dropped in the 2018 AFC Championship? How about the Blount fumble in the Falcons SB? How about Dee Ford was like a yard offsides and you keep saying that was luck. How about Brandon Cooks being hurt and done for the game vs. the Eagles in the SB? Was his last drive against the Rams in 01-02 luck? Where and why? Was it luck that a Willie Mac penalty pulled back a Tebucky Jones TD in that same SB?

For a sports reporter you're a complete idiot. Politics I get as you're a moron but sports, that is your forte and you screwed that up too.
2/6/2022 2:44 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2022 2:44:00 PM (view original):
OK, give examples of other QB's being as lucky as Brady. I gave 4 examples where the game is OVER if not for a wacky 1 in a million coincidence that was out of Brady's control. Can you do that with anyone else?
You really are stupid. How about all the times receivers dropped passes that Brady threw? How about the two screens James White dropped in the 2018 AFC Championship? How about the Blount fumble in the Falcons SB? How about Dee Ford was like a yard offsides and you keep saying that was luck. How about Brandon Cooks being hurt and done for the game vs. the Eagles in the SB? Was his last drive against the Rams in 01-02 luck? Where and why? Was it luck that a Willie Mac penalty pulled back a Tebucky Jones TD in that same SB?

For a sports reporter you're a complete idiot. Politics I get as you're a moron but sports, that is your forte and you screwed that up too.
I don't agree about the stupid and the moron part
but I agree with what you said. There is so called luck and injuries and circumstances in every game of every sport and it is do easy and convenient to be selective.
Sometimes the “luck” can happen in the first quarter and then be forgotten by fans.
2/6/2022 2:58 PM

Re the 2002 Super Bowl, as I said above...

Was the final drive luck? Maybe a little, but generally no. It was a good drive. But it may have been "lucky" for Tom Brady's legacy in the sense that if he had been even average for the rest of the game it never would have happened. Prior to that drive he was 11 for 19 for 92 yards. Brady was not good in that game. If he had been, it would have been over. The Patriots defense scored a touchdown. The offensive touchdown was scored off a turnover on a 40-yard drive. The final drive was the only drive of the game the Patriots made of over 45 yards. As I said in the previous post, it was absolute nonsense that Brady won the MVP of that game.

Even after Brady put up 53 yards in the last minute and a half, he threw for 145 in the game. As a reference point, when the Ravens won in 2001 Trent Dilfer threw for more yards than that.
2/6/2022 3:21 PM
Dilfer He's the GOAT........... or maybe it's that guy who played at Ellensburg for CWU.
LOL.
2/6/2022 5:23 PM
I was going to look this up to confirm, but I haven't, so don't quote me on this. I'm pretty sure the only Super Bowl winning QB in this millennium with fewer passing yards than Brady had in 2002 was Big Ben in the Jerome Bettis farewell game.
2/6/2022 10:22 PM

Yes, coincidental circumstances like... receivers dropping balls... and fumbling... and players being injured... wow, this never happens to other QB's.

I gave examples of situations where if not for a totally unprecedented situation, the game is OVER. There isn't another Dee Ford situation, or another case of a team throwing an INT on the 1 yard line when a TD wins the game

Your examples would be analogous if, for example, there was a Brady pass that would have won the game if not for an obvious drop, or if the Pats were in FG range for a game winning field goal or something and a RB fumbled to lose (AKA Jeremy Hill).

You're proving my point when you counter my 1 in a million scenarios with examples of situations literally every QB faces.

And by the way, the drive against the Rams wasn't lucky, but the fact that he was still in the game with 100 yards passing with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter was (thanks BB).
2/6/2022 11:11 PM
Posted by Jetson21 on 2/6/2022 2:58:00 PM (view original):

but I agree with what you said. There is so called luck and injuries and circumstances in every game of every sport and it is do easy and convenient to be selective.
Sometimes the “luck” can happen in the first quarter and then be forgotten by fans.
That's my point. A couple of drops in the first half aren't comparable to a 4th quarter moment where the game is on the line. In the 2018 AFCCG, the Dee Ford play was more consequential than anything else that proceeded it. If he lines up onside, the game is over.

That's my entire point. Brady has a weird amount of moments like that in super bowl runs, and no one has been able to give me another QB who matches the sheer amount of one in a million plays that Brady has benefitted from in big situations.
2/6/2022 11:14 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 2/6/2022 2:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 2/6/2022 5:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 2/5/2022 10:37:00 PM (view original):
No, I don't think a thread about Tom Brady is out of place on a sports website.
but Wylie, this IS a NoN Sports forum. You can read that, right??

In case you missed it, I copied it from the Title:

Non-Sports
Non-Sports

Are you able to see it now?
yes, I can read, Canuck. It says
Non-Sports
Want to talk about something besides sports? Here's the place for that.

Nowhere does it say you can not talk about sports here, does it? Just that you can talk about other topics here. Can you read?
Can I read? Well .. I am working on it. This is not a biggie.. and of course you are right...

BUT, as Buddy Holly would say RAVE ON

2/7/2022 12:20 AM
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2022 11:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jetson21 on 2/6/2022 2:58:00 PM (view original):

That's my point. A couple of drops in the first half aren't comparable to a 4th quarter moment where the game is on the line. In the 2018 AFCCG, the Dee Ford play was more consequential than anything else that proceeded it. If he lines up onside, the game is over.

That's my entire point. Brady has a weird amount of moments like that in super bowl runs, and no one has been able to give me another QB who matches the sheer amount of one in a million plays that Brady has benefitted from in big situations.
He could easily be 10-0 and no one else can give you that because they don’t get there enough. Brady benefitted or his team did from having Brady?
2/7/2022 9:34 PM
probably both. Let me ask you a question. If Brady had been drafted by some other team and did not have Belichick as a coach, do you think he would have still gone to 10 Super Bowls and won 7 of them? Depending on the team he may not have ever gone or won any (for instance if the Bengals or the Brown had drafted him)
2/7/2022 10:31 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13 Next ▸
Tom Brady Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.