Tom Brady Topic

Posted by lostnfound74 on 2/7/2022 12:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 2/6/2022 2:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 2/6/2022 5:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 2/5/2022 10:37:00 PM (view original):
No, I don't think a thread about Tom Brady is out of place on a sports website.
but Wylie, this IS a NoN Sports forum. You can read that, right??

In case you missed it, I copied it from the Title:

Non-Sports
Non-Sports

Are you able to see it now?
yes, I can read, Canuck. It says
Non-Sports
Want to talk about something besides sports? Here's the place for that.

Nowhere does it say you can not talk about sports here, does it? Just that you can talk about other topics here. Can you read?
Can I read? Well .. I am working on it. This is not a biggie.. and of course you are right...

BUT, as Buddy Holly would say RAVE ON

you must think it is somewhat of a "biggie". Why else would you post several times requesting that this thread and the HOF thread be moved?
2/7/2022 10:35 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 2/7/2022 10:31:00 PM (view original):
probably both. Let me ask you a question. If Brady had been drafted by some other team and did not have Belichick as a coach, do you think he would have still gone to 10 Super Bowls and won 7 of them? Depending on the team he may not have ever gone or won any (for instance if the Bengals or the Brown had drafted him)
So we should guess together? He went to TB and won a SB there without BB. He is pretty good as far as I can tell.
2/8/2022 1:34 PM
what if that belichick text was sent by His Monkness on purpose

you know, a little bit premature

he is quite the trickster. a grey area fudger and a known cheater

sorry dude, didn't mean to interrupt your everlovin hope for a head coachin job but what i heard is the two guys who dumped me and boss kraft for fat chips in the desert already hired a white man

what what oh sorry my bad
2/8/2022 3:01 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/8/2022 1:34:00 PM (view original):
probably both. Let me ask you a question. If Brady had been drafted by some other team and did not have Belichick as a coach, do you think he would have still gone to 10 Super Bowls and won 7 of them? Depending on the team he may not have ever gone or won any (for instance if the Bengals or the Brown had drafted him)
So we should guess together? He went to TB and won a SB there without BB. He is pretty good as far as I can tell.
Brady was a game manager for the first three super bowls in New England and carried the team for the last three.
2/8/2022 3:40 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/7/2022 9:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2022 11:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jetson21 on 2/6/2022 2:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2022 2:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/3/2022 2:30:00 PM (view original):
OK, give examples of other QB's being as lucky as Brady. I gave 4 examples where the game is OVER if not for a wacky 1 in a million coincidence that was out of Brady's control. Can you do that with anyone else?
You really are stupid. How about all the times receivers dropped passes that Brady threw? How about the two screens James White dropped in the 2018 AFC Championship? How about the Blount fumble in the Falcons SB? How about Dee Ford was like a yard offsides and you keep saying that was luck. How about Brandon Cooks being hurt and done for the game vs. the Eagles in the SB? Was his last drive against the Rams in 01-02 luck? Where and why? Was it luck that a Willie Mac penalty pulled back a Tebucky Jones TD in that same SB?

For a sports reporter you're a complete idiot. Politics I get as you're a moron but sports, that is your forte and you screwed that up too.
I don't agree about the stupid and the moron part
but I agree with what you said. There is so called luck and injuries and circumstances in every game of every sport and it is do easy and convenient to be selective.
Sometimes the “luck” can happen in the first quarter and then be forgotten by fans.
That's my point. A couple of drops in the first half aren't comparable to a 4th quarter moment where the game is on the line. In the 2018 AFCCG, the Dee Ford play was more consequential than anything else that proceeded it. If he lines up onside, the game is over.

That's my entire point. Brady has a weird amount of moments like that in super bowl runs, and no one has been able to give me another QB who matches the sheer amount of one in a million plays that Brady has benefitted from in big situations.
He could easily be 10-0 and no one else can give you that because they don’t get there enough. Brady benefitted or his team did from having Brady?
I could change 4 plays and suddenly Brady has 3 Super Bowls instead of 7. Based on pure QB play he probably deserves to be 4-6 in Super Bowls.

Both are true, by the way. Belichick was better because he had a solid game manager at the beginning and an elite QB at the end, and Brady benefitted from awesome defenses while he was still young and not great and good enough defenses when he was older and great (along with that incredible luck).
2/8/2022 3:44 PM
K
2/8/2022 4:49 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/8/2022 1:34:00 PM (view original):
I already said Brady was the GOAT, so I think that means I think he is pretty good (or I guess was pretty good)
2/8/2022 9:38 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 2/7/2022 10:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 2/7/2022 12:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 2/6/2022 2:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 2/6/2022 5:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 2/5/2022 10:37:00 PM (view original):
No, I don't think a thread about Tom Brady is out of place on a sports website.
but Wylie, this IS a NoN Sports forum. You can read that, right??

In case you missed it, I copied it from the Title:

Non-Sports
Non-Sports

Are you able to see it now?
yes, I can read, Canuck. It says
Non-Sports
Want to talk about something besides sports? Here's the place for that.

Nowhere does it say you can not talk about sports here, does it? Just that you can talk about other topics here. Can you read?
Can I read? Well .. I am working on it. This is not a biggie.. and of course you are right...

BUT, as Buddy Holly would say RAVE ON

you must think it is somewhat of a "biggie". Why else would you post several times requesting that this thread and the HOF thread be moved?
Why else would you post several times requesting that this thread and the HOF thread be moved?

I'm a head case.. lol

Have to admit I got carried away with this one. Sorry guys.
2/9/2022 6:43 AM
Another element of the unbelievable Brady luck: The cake divisions he faced for 20 years. There is an argument to be made that if you made a division out of the top 3 QB's that Brady faced in New England, they would be worse than the division Mahomes has to go up against, right now.

If Mahomes gets even 3 rings, in this division, in this AFC, he should be viewed as officially having a legit GOAT case. If he gets 4 or more, he's obviously better than Brady.
3/10/2022 9:36 PM
Weird, didn't brady play against Ben, Peyton/Luck, Rivers, insert Denver qb here, basically every season?
3/11/2022 2:00 PM
6 games against below-average quarterbacks had zero effect on Brady's ability to get high seeds, bypassing the wildcard round and getting home field advantage for the playoffs. We all know this.
3/11/2022 9:37 PM
unretires!)is that even a word?) Can't say I'm too surprised.
3/14/2022 12:26 AM
stayin home with a aging supermodel cain be the best thing in a workingman's life

3/14/2022 12:35 AM
Posted by wylie715 on 3/14/2022 12:26:00 AM (view original):
unretires!)is that even a word?) Can't say I'm too surprised.
The QB's in his division are PJ Walker, Taysom Hill, and Matt Ryan, of course he unretired. The path is wide open - paved, as always for Brady, by horrible teams in his division and remarkable luck.

Alternatively, he could go to the 49ers and just go shopping for a new team every year. What a great QB if he needs the best supporting talent in the league to carry him to super bowls!
3/14/2022 3:14 PM
Dead horse Tangy. Or is it GOAT envy?
3/14/2022 3:36 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13 Next ▸
Tom Brady Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.